Author Topic: Bills broken? *Fixed!!* - Broken Mod Issue  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Bills broken? *Fixed!!* - Broken Mod Issue
« on: June 05, 2020, 06:27:20 PM »
So I'm not getting the flaming toilet thing, but I've had bills come 3 times now since the patch.  Twice before the expansion went live, and once in Evergreen Harbor.  And they are broken down the way they ought to be.  But no matter what the total comes out to, it only costs 1 Simolean to pay the bills.
Anyone else seeing this?  Or do I have a broken mod that's doing it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bills broken?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 08:53:34 PM »
I'm unable to play EL yet, but I'm seeing correct bill amounts without EL in a no-mods/no-cc save.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 09:04:11 PM »
Ok, thanks!  So it's most likely one of the many minor mods that I haven't updated yet.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 09:07:29 PM »
Ok, thanks!  So it's most likely one of the many minor mods that I haven't updated yet.

I'm repairing my game then starting a save with EL right now (no mods/no cc). I'll check my sims' bills again for our mutual reference Brian_Z :)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 10:06:48 PM »
My bills have been normal, and still more than they can pay for the two weeks since EL was installed.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 10:39:17 PM »
My bills are normal as well. 1 simolian bills would have been great for my poor homeless sim that couldn't pay her fist rent and had her dumpster couch repossessed she was using as a bed and couch when the bill was $17 and she only had $6. The repo man is fun.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 02:56:57 AM »
So you found a usable couch in the trash?  Every time I find furniture, if I place it, it turns out to be burned and completely worthless.  I've been selling them without trying to place them- until you place it, it isn't burned.  Apparently.  But I also haven't found any of the new items, the live stream showed items that looked to be exclusive to dumpster diving.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
So you found a usable couch in the trash?  Every time I find furniture, if I place it, it turns out to be burned and completely worthless.  I've been selling them without trying to place them- until you place it, it isn't burned.  Apparently.  But I also haven't found any of the new items, the live stream showed items that looked to be exclusive to dumpster diving.

The Freegan trait definitely helps. I've found rare seeds (ones I've never seen come out of the rare seeds pack), usable furniture about 50-50 with burned, dyes etc. Not sure I've had anything that is exclusive to dumpster diving.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 10:27:09 AM »
So far I found two couches, 1 table, the Sims 1 dinning chair, a end table, a counter, a sink, a tub, a few decorative objects and a TV. Yes much of it needed some elbow grease, repairs, and/or has scratches that randomly produce an anger buff if not repaired, yet all perfectly usable and all fully restorable. I am not allowing my sim to sell anything from her inventory she didn't grow or make. If you let it dumpsters are cash machines taking all the challenge out of zeroing out ones cash. Burnt out furniture is turned into bits and peaces, then used to fabricate needed items with the rule of it can be made it can't be bought. Got to challenge myself after all. I also banned leaving Port Promise. It made for a real rough start. I loved it.

That lost homework was a killer under my rules as replacing it required making a book shelf. I don't know if her grades are going to get in the "A" range before she ages. She is close, but only has two more school days before her birthday. Love it.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 12:39:13 PM »
My sims were created about a week early, and don't have Freegan, so that's probably why they have a harder time finding usable stuff.  If it's an appliance, electronic, or plumbing, it's broken and or dirty, but can be fixed and used.  My sims' TV and sink came out of the trash, but most other stuff I don't need/already have and I sell it.  They've started a garden, and their excess produce is what goes into the shredder for bits and pieces.  The last morning before I knocked off last night, one of them had a heck of a streak- a toilet, a bathtub, a TV, and a coffee table if I remember right.  The TV was the big curved one too, very expensive.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 04:52:10 AM »
Ok, finally resolved my problem from the original post- it was MCCC.  I had 7.2.1, and now there's 7.2.2, and my bills are normal again.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Bills broken? *Fixed!!* - Broken Mod Issue
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »
But even when working as intended, bills are broken. I loaded up one of my big houses where pre-patch bills were 20k (with a frugal sim). It was a wealth tax. Big houses with expensive stuff got taxed more. I liked that. Bills of 80k a week were a badge of honor! Now, bills don't seem to look at lot value at all.

I made the house an eco lot, I put some solar panels -- the flat type -- on the roof. And the roof is now the new one made of photovoltaic tiles. And now the bills are a staggering $484. That's all. Come on. How can a lot value of $942,540 have such low bills?

(And the lot is rated 'green', even with 6 fireplaces! It's a green neighborhood!)

----

EDIT. It's *not* an Eco Lot. I take that back. Study Spot, Celebrity Home, Peace and Quiet.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »
I know.  Everybody's tax portion is $300, regardless of lot value.  It makes no sense at all that a Del Sol mansion pays the same taxes as a converted shipping container in Port Promise.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 09:45:41 PM »
Since Maxis are dragging their feet on fixing the lot taxes, someone has come out with a mod that fixes it.
https://modthesims.info/d/644751/fix-capped-lot-taxes-bills-eco-lifestyle-patch.html