Author Topic: [BUG] Toilet Fires  (Read 6837 times)

Offline faythenme

• Nooboo
[BUG] Toilet Fires
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:51:57 AM »
Why does the toilet keep catching on fire and how do I make it stop?  I've installed most of the upgrades but it still continues to catch fire.  I've even bought a different toilet but no luck.  This is getting annoying!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Toilet Fires
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 11:44:26 AM »
This is a known bug:

[OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Seeing-flames-in-the-toilet-when-it-is-being-used/td-p/9170162

Sign in with your EA account, click the Me Too button under the first post and optionally, share your experience with the bug.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline faythenme

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 01:38:46 PM »
Thank you.  Will do!

Offline faythenme

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
Well I can't seem to figure out how to post to the thread.  In my case it's burning up all of my bathroom fixtures and my Sim.  I guess that's because she uses the toilet with the flame in it which would make it the same issue.  Hope this gets fixed soon.  It's a real drag on the game.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 04:19:02 PM »
You can click the Reply button on the first post. :)

Well I can't seem to figure out how to post to the thread.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 06:50:43 AM »
In my game toilet started catching fire after my sim did the composting upgrade and they didn't have insect farm at the time. It says in the upgrade (which I fully read afterwards) that the toilet is creating flammable compost that needs to be used in insect farm, otherwise it catches fire. Doing the H2O upgrade stopped fires and buying a new toilet did that too.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 12:51:16 PM »
Never had the issue tell today. I started a new save installed a toilet, used it and fire from the toilet. Not game brake not game braking, but "me too"ed it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2020, 07:52:04 AM »
Hi, I don't have Eco Lifestyle. So, does that mean I'll miss having all the 'fun' re the Toilet Fires, or was that included in he non-Eco Lifestyle gameplay (ie all toilets catch on fire).

Thank you

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 12:52:49 PM »
It's currently a bug that affects people who have patched but not bought EL, as well as people who have done the compost upgrade, so you may get 'lucky'.  I've had it in one save but not another, it's a bit random.