Author Topic: Elder Traitsman  (Read 15159 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Elder Traitsman
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »

Well, I'm not really sure here because I'm still only gathering information from the web. But, for example, I've seen mentions of some Career reward traits which are said to be granted to a sim after completing a certain career.

Even if that's the case, let's just stick to scoring Aspiration completion traits and Reward Store traits.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
Bummer :( I felt like those traits could widen our strategies a bit. Ok then.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2020, 09:53:29 AM »
Looking at this specific bit of this list of all the game's traits, the absolute earliest you could earn a bonus trait from a career is level 8 (either Doctor or Arts Critic), with the rest all being at level 10. I can see how you might go about acquiring them, but I don't know how compatible the tack required would be with the rest of the challenge... it's probably better that they're not scored in that case...

...but that page has also left me wondering - what about the traits in its next category? Chopstick Savvy & Spice Hound aren't trivially earned... Immortal's presumably out since you've said you wouldn't count traits conferred by potions, and I've no experience of Afizzionado as I don't have Eco Lifestyle. If you want to keep things simple by sticking only to the aspiration/reward store traits, mind, that's perfectly understandable...

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 10:44:29 AM »
Looking at this specific bit of this list of all the game's traits, the absolute earliest you could earn a bonus trait from a career is level 8 (either Doctor or Arts Critic), with the rest all being at level 10. I can see how you might go about acquiring them, but I don't know how compatible the tack required would be with the rest of the challenge... it's probably better that they're not scored in that case...

Well, my thought was, it would make us have to decide whether to spend time on an aspiration or on a career? We'd have to evaluate the time required, etc. - so the strategy would become a bit more complicated (= interesting gameplay, in my opinion). And level 10 (let alone 8) is perfectly doable, given the fact that we don't have any restrictions this time.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2020, 10:57:35 AM »
If you want to keep things simple by sticking only to the aspiration/reward store traits, mind, that's perfectly understandable...

And that's ultimately what traits we want scored. At least for this event. Next year might be the final Sims 4 Tournament and the team might go all out for a "super traits" challenge and letting players score everything — toddler and child traits too.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
so Chopstick Savvy & Spice Hound don't count in any of the three categories so can't be scored - is that correct?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2020, 12:24:28 PM »
so Chopstick Savvy & Spice Hound don't count in any of the three categories so can't be scored - is that correct?

Correct. You cannot buy them and they do not come from Aspirations, so there's no way to score them unless we'd add a 4th category to cover them and career ones. But, we're sticking to keeping scoring simple.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2020, 02:54:46 AM »
And you want us to break up our scoring as

6x1 + 8x2 + 1x3 = 25? or would just 25 be fine?

And is a spreadsheet being done for it, or would you like me to whip one up or will you let us calculate on our own?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2020, 06:15:05 AM »
And you want us to break up our scoring as

6x1 + 8x2 + 1x3 = 25? or would just 25 be fine?

We need to know what to put in each  column, so please list your score accordingly:

RS Traits < 2500 =
RS Traits 2500 + =
Asp Traits =
Total =

And is a spreadsheet being done for it, or would you like me to whip one up or will you let us calculate on our own?

No spreadsheet will be done for this one. Players will need to do their own homework ahead of time.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2020, 08:43:50 AM »
Good morning,
I really haven't played with elders much and am just starting a test file for this and had a quick question. When the reaper comes to claim my human sim (shed a tear here), is my occult sim permitted to plead for their life or is this under the "no life extension" rule and they can't? Wanted to make sure on this one. Thanks so much for your help.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2020, 09:43:34 AM »
Good morning,
I really haven't played with elders much and am just starting a test file for this and had a quick question. When the reaper comes to claim my human sim (shed a tear here), is my occult sim permitted to plead for their life or is this under the "no life extension" rule and they can't? Wanted to make sure on this one. Thanks so much for your help.

That would be life extending so you cant do that sadly.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 01:14:51 PM »
Thank you @LenaLJ - I kind of knew...but thought I would check.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2020, 03:38:22 AM »
Sooo say your occult Sim dies accidentally in a fire is it game over or do we continue on with the non occult Sim and if we do can that Sim have their life extended purely so they can survive till the end of the challenge.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2020, 06:23:11 AM »
@Rainbow Dash you made me realise something. If someone doesn't have the vampire pack then both of their Sims are likely to die before the time is up. I mean they may live longer with the bodybuilder aspiration but it's a bit of a risky strategy. Wouldnt it be easier to let players change to a longer life setting and guaranteed survival of all sims to the end of the challenge.
Unless the risky element of playing an elder was part of the challenge in which case I'm gonna go back to my corner and keep quiet.

Rachel

If your occult Sim would pass before your Human/Alen, there's no rule preventing the surviving Sim from continuing. But, the no life extension rule still applies.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2020, 06:20:14 AM »
With all this talk about only sticking to Aspiration and Reward traits and not allowing traits from careers has me wondering something.

Are we allowed to join careers? Some of the Aspirations require joining a career or reaching a certain level, to complete them and what point can our Sims stay in the career? Sruixan mentioned level 8 being the earliest Sims can gain a trait from a career so stop before then?  :-\

So we can we get some clarification on this, just to be sure?