Author Topic: The Shayde Family - An Immortal Dynasty in Sunset Valley  (Read 12682 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Shayde Family - An Immortal Dynasty in Sunset Valley
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 11:27:54 PM »
The vacation was very safe. My housekeys wanted a longer stay, you know what house keys are like. They got caught up in the sheets, so I had to rush up the Monday afternoon to pick them up.

In other news, 'unborn baby Ursine' has almost finished high school, so Parker is about to leave the realm of 'toyboy' and enter the world of 'dirty old man'.

Also Cobolt wanted to go home after school with a new classmate - Vicente Hatch, who yes, is one of Parker's brood.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Thankfully, I know which is which because of the hair colours - Cobolt is next to the window. I think the friendship struck up because they have the same extraordinary taste in clothes.

Some of Parker's baby mothers have started to die, as has Judy Bunch.

Also, some of the females when they've aged - Darlene Bunch, unborn baby Ursine, Parker's daughter, Maria - are aging up without any hair; not sure what's going on there. Mortimer and Bella's daughter is still nooboo stage, so I can't see if that includes her or not.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 02:33:36 AM »
Glad you had a good time in Queensland. How fitting for the Queen's Birthday :)

Parker is going to love being a dirty old man! Congrats to him on completing his LTW.

I recall UBU (unborn baby Ursine) having aged up bald in a game of mine as well.

Sandi French also pulled that trick on me one time. I guess that goes well with Sam Sekemoto, if one pairs these two.

Am I right in remembering that you don't use mods? How do you go about getting Sims together around town?
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »
Am I right in remembering that you don't use mods? How do you go about getting Sims together around town?

That's correct, I don't use mods.

This game I knew I wanted Aggie in my household (well every game in Sunset Valley, I want Aggie in my household), I also decided I wanted a Bunch as my founder, Scarlet's hubby. I went with Ethan because he was older than Arlo. With Scarlet being a witch and supermaxing alchemy, she could brew friendship and potent friendship potions and toss them at people around town. She threw them at Ethan Bunch and Parker Langerak so I could track their progress towards becoming Young Adults. Once each became YAs, Scarlet went to meet them and ask them to join her household. In the case of Parker, she asked him to bring his sister, Kaylnn along as well.

So at this stage, the household consisted of:
- my founder, Scarlet;
- her original best friend, Aggie;
- her husband and best friend, Ethan;
- her new best friend, Parker;
and
- Parker's sister, Kaylynn.

Duties were as follows
- Scarlet: Alchemy and Gardening, Magical upgrade of items, shopping for potions and ingredients from alchemy consignment store and best camera from the general consignment store;
- Aggie: Painting, Sculpting, Photography, Writing, Cooking (extensive use of brain enhancement machines), mother of Generation 2 spouse;
- Ethan: Child care; Charisma, assistance with Gardening, father of Generation 2, Child Care;
- Parker: Angler, Gardener, DNA flinger; Potentially Grandfather of Generation 3 spouse and
- Kaylynn: Trainee Painter, Sculptor and Photographer, Child care provider, Cleaning services.

Once Aggie got her 25 ice sculptures done, she sculpted Scarlet, and learnt photography from the book, then photographed buildings around town to help get it to 10 so she could use the best setting/size on the best camera.

While around town she met Connor Frio and the two immediately fell madly in love, a potent friendship potion sealed his fate and he went home with her.

By this time Scarlet had fallen pregnant (after 3 or 4 attempts), and it was the next morning by the time Aggie and Connor were successful.

In time Scarlet gave birth to Generation 2 (Sky) and Aggie gave birth to the Generation 2 spouse (Cobolt) and they had 10 sim days ahead of them of crying, pottying and learning to talk/walk/potty - when I say no store content, I mean no store content.

Then Aggie got the message her dear sister, Cornelia had died, and she didn't want her nephew to live in that house with no one but his father for company, so she invited a young adult Mortimer over, best friended him with a potion and asked him to move in. He did so and invited his best friend in all the world, one Bella Bachelor over for a sleep over. Like his aunt, they spent a lot of time going into and out of the all in one bathrooms. He then asked her to spend the night and they investigated the plumbing in the all in one bathrooms extensively. By morning either the fumes of the all in one bathroom were getting to her, or she was eating for two, as she kept on running to a all in one bathroom by her own choice. Oh and they became engaged as well.

Romances in the household as at Tuesday week 5
- Honorourable mention: Mortimer Goth and Bella Bachelor: 5 days
- 3rd place: Agnes Crumplebottom and Connor Frio: 16 days
- 2nd place: Scarlet and Ethan Shayde: 17 days
- 1st place: Parker Langerak and Emma Hatch: 18 days
Despite Parker's antics with the ladies around town, he has yet to be classed as 'cheating' with any of the other ladies. Even though he's been friendly with a number of other ladies.

Current household breakdown of tasks
- Aggie Crumplebottom (elder) just called on to do museum pieces in the main, also trying to supermax painting. She's spending as much time as possible with Cobolt (and Sky).
- Scarlet Shayde (adult) left the career of the self employed alchemist and joined the ranks of law enforcement to pick up needed black ops. She's trying to stock up on bee wax so she can create more potent friendship potions, doing magical upgrades of things around the house and assisting in the garden.
- Parker Langerak (adult) waiting for Tiffanie Ursine to become a Young Adult; spends his days fishing and gardening - he is trying to catch a perfect every type of homeworld fish.
- Ethan Shayde (young adult) has level 10 charisma and is about half way through the Politics career (he is the mayor). Being leader of the free world is his LTW. Also spending time with Cobolt to tell him what being a spouse entails and with Sky to keep her away from the paint easels.
- Kaylynn Langerak (young adult) has made her 25th ice sculpture, and is now working on supermaxing sculpting while at the same time learning photography. Really, her life consists of sculpting, using the brain enhancement machine, eating, sleeping and using an all in one.
- Mortimer Goth (young adult) - wants to be a rockstar and is at level 3 career and level 9 guitar skill. I do have to keep him away from the sculpting stations, He also spends time with his cousin, Cobolt.
- Sky Shayde (child) - getting an A in school, meeting Parker's kids at school, playing on the family's playground, keeping away from the paint easels.
- Cobolt Crumplebottom (child) - getting an A in school, meeting Parker's kids at school, playing on the family's playground, building sandcastles in the sandpit.

Some pictures.
Scarlet and Aggie (I made over Aggie for her elder years)
Scarlet, Ethan and Sky Shayde
Sky Shayde and Cobolt Crumplebottom

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »
Thank you so much for explaining in depth. A lot of planning is needed, I see. You do a great job of it :)

It's really neat that making nooboos in public venues sort of gets "overlooked" when the game checks for fidelity.

Very convenient indeed for dear Parker :P
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »
Thank you Nindigo ... and wonderful news for the dirty old man Parker - Unborn baby Ursine (aka Tiffanie) is finally out of high school and is ripe to visit the theatre with him as the following shows :)
Also, Claire has just died ... seems like Parker should go over and 'console' Tiffanie and express the thought to her that it would be a shame if there was no continuation of her noble name

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 11:38:50 PM »
Let's continue their 'official' story, shall we?

When we last left, Sky and Cobolt were children, playing with toys ...

and in the family's playground in the backyard

and celebrating Aggie becoming an elder

Aggie: No celebrations here ... you promised me, NO GREY!!!!
Dek: Ok, Aggie, no grey ... but I didn't promise ...
NO HAT!
Actually, I think the hat adds something to her

Sky and Cobolt went to school together, and made new friends, most of whom were the sons and daughters of Parker Langerak.

I can see the picture now:

Teacher: Ok class, we're going to do family trees today about your parents are. Maria Alto, you are up first
Maria: Well, I'm Maria Alto. My mother is Holly Alto, and her parents were Vita and Nick Alto. My dad is Parker Langerak and ...
Vincente: No way!
Teacher: Be quiet, Vincente Hatch, It is Maria's turn, you'll have your turn soon
Vincente: But ...
Teacher: Go on Maria.
Maria: Yes, well dad has a sister, my Aunt Kaylynn and their ...
*Crash*
Teacher: Sergio, pick that up, and keep quiet
Sergio: Guess our mothers shared more than their friendships, Maria!
Teacher: Sergio Hart! Keep quiet! Maria, ignore them, please, keep going!
Maria: Yes, Sir, Parker and Kaylynn's parents are Dustin and Illiana Langerak and Illiana has a sister called ...
Deshuan: Zelda Mae. Mae was Illiana's surname before Illiana and Dustin got married.
Teacher: Deshuan Kimura! This is Maria's turn! I want you, Sergio Hart and Vincente Hatch to report to the Principal's office AT ONCE!
All three: Yes Ma'am!
*Outside room*
The three boys look at each other, fist bump and say in unison: Literal Bros
Parker would have a lot child support to pay ... guess its good that Aggie found herself a dusty old lamp ....

But childhood comes to an end ...
and firstly Sky
and then Cobolt
Aged to teens with A's in Primary School ...
not to worry, they were both made over into a better fitting colour scheme and Cobolt wore a hat. Trembling slightly, Cobolt asked her to be his date to the Prom ... he didn't want to ask Maria Alto ... given the way that Parker was, he wasn't sure he wanted Sky to be asked by any of Parker's offspring!
She let him sweat it out for a few moments and said, "well ok, I wasn't going to go, but as you asked, I'll go with you, just don't stalk me afterwards or anything." Not the most promising response, perhaps, maybe Scarlet hasn't given her the "Immortal Dynasty Heir Talk yet."
He responded in usual style and asked for a pillow fight, a proposal she readily agreed to!
Let the feathers fly!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 03:38:24 AM »
Despite Parker's best efforts, Tiffanie Ursine has so far ignored his advances.

Here's his current family tree with kid names and some clarity around mothers ...

In other news of a Romantic kind, I don't think that Sky was very serious about the don't stalk me after the prom line to Cobolt because Tuesday morning of week 6, they both got up early and Cobolt ran in out of the sprinklers to where Sky was painting and did this ...
and then this ...
and then felt rather self conscience about it all
Sky decided he was taking too long, afterall the bus was coming at 8 and it was 7:30 ... so she went in for the kiss and they kissed and ....
the watcher missed that shot.
So Cobolt gave her flowers and she swooned and ...
the watcher missed that shot.
Then Cobolt asked her to go steady and she accepted and ...
The watcher thinks this was that ...
Then Scarlet called out "kids, School! And don't let me hear you were caught kissing at school!"
And Parker also spoke, saying, "ask me if you want the best secret make out spots where the teachers never know to look!"
And Ethan and Kaylynn called out, "Parker! Don't!"
And Agnes said grumpily, "you kids be quiet, some of us elders want to sleep."
And Mortimer said, "and I'm not long back from my latest rock and roll gig, shush!"
So the teens changed into their everyday clothes and ran for the bus ...
And Sky said, "sure Watcher, you catch THAT shot!" and sat next to each other on the bus, not quite holding hands, but not exactly drawing away from each other ...
And Cobolt said, "yeah, and THAT shot!"

So with the young lovebirds safely on their way to school, having each completed a high school based op over night, let's look at the prep in the household for the ambrosia ...
Aggie mastered cooking, purchased "Bookshop bargainer" and bought 2 copies of all the recipe books and 1 copy of all the bait books. She gave all the bait books to Parker and settled down in the library for a long reading session.

Parker had already caught death fish at the graveyard enough for their home pond, so then stocked that and also stocked it with angelfish and catfish for the future immortal angler.

Parker also collected various special seeds from places around the valley, which he and Scarlet planted and cared for and hoped would become lifeplants. Some did, others became Death Flowers, money trees, plasma fruit bushes, fire bushes, and other rare plants.

Aggie brain machined her way to the almost completon of her LTW of Illustrious Author, pausing only for a wish enhancement potion before achieving it in order to purchase the family a replicator which was magically upgraded by Scarlet. Aggie then proceeded to make the ambrosia to the bowl stage ... before replicating it ...
And then sent it down to Scarlet's museum room for storage.

11 screen shots, not 10 this time ... I'm still within the limit allowed for these story posts, aren't I?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 08:47:40 AM »
The picture limit is 25 so the Shaydes can have some truly epic tomes ;) (I mean for a super secret project it carries me for 2,000-2,500 words)

Is Ursine girl partnered? In case we wanna think about a future third pollinator. But Parker is nothing but a completionist. I'd like a dynasty helper with even half his prowess in a lot of things.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 10:17:09 AM »
The picture limit is 25 so the Shaydes can have some truly epic tomes ;) (I mean for a super secret project it carries me for 2,000-2,500 words)

Is Ursine girl partnered? In case we wanna think about a future third pollinator. But Parker is nothing but a completionist. I'd like a dynasty helper with even half his prowess in a lot of things.

No, she's single.

Actually, she's just given birth to a son with Parker, so he keeps on helping the dynasty :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 10:25:42 AM »
Wow finally!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 01:46:16 AM »
Parker has just gotten together with a best friend ... Madison Von Watson. She refused to tour places around town with him, but she was happy to go home with him where there are several magical baby making facilities ... I mean all in one outhouses. Dirty old man Parker Langerak now has an *ahem* naughty reputation. Good going, Parker :)

Little boy Ursine has the name Isidro, so he's the gift of Isis.

Kaylnn saw her big brother run through the house giggling and Madison running through just after him, laughing as well, and she shook her head sadly, so more than likely Parker's sister reported on him to the rumour mill ... just because she can't do anything even if she had a romantic interest ...

Siblings are fun :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2020, 11:14:21 AM »
Scarlet, Sky...  Are all of the Shaydes going to have colour names beginning with S?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 05:19:25 PM »
Scarlet, Sky...  Are all of the Shaydes going to have colour names beginning with S?

That is the plan at the moment ... really depends on what hues/shades/tones/whatevers of other colours I can find that start with an 'S'. Oh look what a quick online search gave me: https://colorful.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_colors_starting_with_S

And yes, there is a fandom out there for colours ... Guess my future cook will be called Sausage;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2020, 01:34:10 PM »
 ;) ;D

I managed to come up with a dynasty's-worth unaided (while falling asleep last night - sad or what?)  That is an impressively long list, though, even if some of them are ridiculous  :).

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 04:15:01 PM »
I love the idea of Kaylynn being over Parker's escapades to the point of public shame.