Author Topic: The Shayde Family - An Immortal Dynasty in Sunset Valley  (Read 12681 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Shayde Family - An Immortal Dynasty in Sunset Valley
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2020, 04:02:13 AM »
What a teaser you presented in the townie thread. Yes, I am stoked - will I become a grandma soon? ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »
@Nindigo yes, I am a tease, aren't I? who knows, the answer to your question could well come in this entry ...

Saturday came and Cobolt was ready for his birthday.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

He dreamed after graduation he'd go somewhere hot with lots of sand.

But first he'd need to regain his hair, hat and blue clothes ...

And grow some body hair. (Went with Blue with touches of yellow for his colour scheme - Blue to help remember who he was married to and yellow because of Aggie and her love of yellow.

And get reacquainted with Sky under the watchful eye of future rockstar and his cousin, Mortimer Goth.

To keep the Shayde name going ... Sky got on one knee in front of Cobolt (and Scarlet) and proposed.

Cobolt said "YES" and Sky put a ring on it.

Cobolt - "Let's get changed into our formal clothes and get married."
Sky - "Sure, as long as mum can marry us."

Cobolt - "In her swimwear, I hope, she still looks good in it."
Sky - "I had hoped you'd think that of me, not mum!"
Cobolt - "Of course i do! You have to get your hot looks from somewhere!"

Scarlet - "Ok, I declared you two Mr and Mrs Shayde, can I now go and use the computer in my swimsuit?"
Sky/Cobolt - "Yeah, whatever."

Cobolt you may now ...
Oh never mind, you're doing it anyway, and don't need my permission ... let's leave those two, shall we, it looks like they need to get a room or a cold towel, or something.

Parker has recently earned me the Exercise in Fertility Achievement. He had twins with Sandi French which got him to 15.children ... but he's not stopping there!

It turns out that Holly Alto is still an adult, so Parker went and visited her ...

and one thing led to another and the pipes in the downstairs shower needed checking by them ... together.

Sunday was Graduation Day and the family went down to the town hall. Sky was Valedictorian, Both Sky and Cobolt Graduated with highest honours, Cobolt was nominated by his classmates to be 'most likely to write a best selling novel', while Sky was nominated to be 'most artistic' seems the painting/photography/sculpting future for Sky was the right call! Sadly, no pictures of the graduating class were taken.

Cobolt got his birthday wish and went somewhere hot with lots of sand - Egypt - with his lovely wife, Sky ...

And 'dirty old man' Parker. Parker wanted to do some fishing - for crocodiles and mummy fish. He caught 10 of each and bought another expensive camera and the local recipe and fishing books.

Sky and Cobolt did a couple of the missions on offer and another of the explorers explored in an unusual way.

They returned home after that, and got there without any issues, thankfully. Ethan had to deliver home grown vegetables to his kid brother, Arlo, and caught up with him afterwards, and aksed how the family were coping with the deaths of Jack and Judy.

Finally, after perfecting his 'dirty' credentials over so much time, Parker got the 'old' part of the equation down pat.

After he had his 'elder' birthday and stood for his painting, sculpture and photo for the mortal museum, he developed a sweet tooth. As was the case with Aggie and Scarlet before him, he had no intention of being grey, so he got colour in his hair (and a hat). He tended to his sweet tooth thanks to a jelly bean plant, and turned blue as a result of eating its produce.

Monday was a day off to compensate for the Sunday graduation, but Sky went to work as normal. She was obviously involved in a stakeout of a restaurant that day ...

And she was called in to the sculpting studio ...

"COME WITH ME, MORTAL ONE"

The household were all there, mourning around the ice sculpture that Aggie had been working on, and she departed with Colin, Grimm that is.

"Well," Kaylynn said, looking at Sky and Cobolt.

The young newlyweds looked at each other and then at Kaylynn, and then laughed, "well what?"

"I was hoping that I could well ..."

"Supermax photography?" Sky said slyly.

"I think I can confidently say for the two of them, get Miraj over here," Parker told her, "you've done so much for this family, you deserve some happiness."

The door bell rang, Kaylynn ran to it and well this happened ...
Mailwoman - "Get out of the way, kids these days"

And then from the theatre to the restaurant ... they strutted with pride ...

And discussed Miraj's Alvi life and the name of the future grandchild of Nindigo and Iqba while eating outside ...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2020, 03:24:32 PM »
In loving memory of
Agnes Crumplebottom

Ultimate Paternal Grandmother of the Shayde family

Mortal Museum Artiste

Mortal Cooker of Ambrosia

Provider of Seed Funding through car sales and dusty old lamps
Published Author
Lover of Connor Frio

Mother of Cobolt Shayde (Nee Crumplebottom)

Best Friend of Scarlet Shayde

Teacher of the arts of Sculpting, Painting and Photography to Kaylynn Langerak, Sky Shayde, Cobolt Shayde and Mortimer Goth

You may have died at your sculpting station, but in our hearts you'll never die
Scarlet, Ethan, Sky, Cobolt, Mortimer, Kaylynn and Parker

Rest in Peace Agnes the Godness
? - Wednesday Week 8

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »
Oh, Deklitch ;D

I'm wearing the biggest smile and want to celebrate, but at the same time my heart weeps for Aggie-darling.

Thank you kindly for the honorable mention, for inviting Miraj to live with your esteemed family, and for Aggie's lovely memorial <3

Does Parker plan on retiring from his escapades, I wonder, or will he continue to administer his special seed to the townswomen?

Cobolt is quite handsome, I find. Of course, Aggie/Connor is one of my favorite combos.

Congrats to both you, Sky and Cobolt - another milestone reached!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2020, 10:41:37 AM »
Miraj is getting his dynasty day in the sun! Even if as a creepy old man in this one (or one under Siren's spell) Ah wait copy and paste from my comment on @fansidoodle's thread. He's just having good clean fun here.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2020, 06:34:01 AM »
I was playing on Friday the 13th, when I became aware we had a visitor in the house ...
Aggie returned from beyond., makes sense while I was playing that day she'd come back to see how the family was getting on.

Oh and as for dirty old man (DOM) Parker ...
He got a butt fire from a jellybean
He also got all glowy from a jellybean

He, and the rest of the family were invited to a party thrown by the (surprisingly still alive) Jack Bunch. So they all went
Old people with canes (such as Morgana Wolff) and offspring of Parker's (such as one of Darlene's kids) were in attendance ...

It got too much for Parker
So he went and found a couch to lie down on.

Mortimer had to leave early and go to work - you know what level 9 rock musicians are like - gigs at night, but the rest of the party stayed.
Kaylynn was hoping that Miraj would be there, but he wasn't, so she got the lovebirds, Sky and Cobolt to touch her stomach, listen to her stomach and speak to her stomach - they would have much rather spent the time alone canoodling.

A member of Miraj's family was in attendance, however, VJ!
Here he is talking with Morgana Wolff

The party host? He was in the kitchen, cooking spaghetti bolagnaise.

While his grandson was in a room doing ... something
Probably wondering who is this old man sleeping on a couch in the home.

Interestingly enough, Cobolt as the son of Aggie and Connor is the cousin of Tiffanie Ursine and the cousin of Mortimer Goth.
Sky as the daughter of Scarlet and Ethan Shayde (nee Bunch) is the cousin of the offspring of Parker Langerak and Darlene Bunch.
Mortimer and Bella Bachelor have three kids (2 girls, 1 boy) who will be cousins of the future offspring of Sky and Cobolt.
Kaylynn is pregnant with the child of Miraj Alvi who will be the cousin of the offspring of Parker Langerak and just about every female of childbearing age in Sunset Valley.
So, if Kaylynn/Miraj offspring marries the future offspring of Sky and Cobolt (once the space opens up for the 2nd birth) there'll be lots of cousins in law happening.
It does my head in thinking about it! I'll have to wait for a third space to open up and bring in Mortimer and Bella's son (to become the spouse of the offspring of Sky, Cobolt, Kaylynn and Miraj's offspring,) and see if I can bring that line of the Goth line into the tree. Or perhaps it would have to be the offspring of the son of Mortimer and Bella, due to the age gap.

Or maybe I should take it easy on myself and wait for them to die, but it is me, since when do I make things easy when I could make them difficult? <G>

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2020, 09:37:24 AM »
Yeah, it does require some math skill to run a whole town - I feel you ;D

But you have it much harder, as you play by rules. You could jot down some notes to help with a general overview?

I'm excited for Miraj and Kaylynn's baby, and I hope VJ behaved himself. And hi there, Aggie!

Admittedly, I love that everyone is a cousin of someone. Makes me not feel so alone in having a town who is one big family ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2020, 10:46:24 AM »
As long as someone's cousin has children then the block on incest goes away. Call it small town shenanigans. ;) (so Heir #3 has all the Langeraks and Goths and even Darlene's kid available to them by default)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: The Shayde Family - An Immortal Dynasty in Sunset Valley - A Full House
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »
Kaylynn, Miraj and VJ coming home ...

Wait, no that's not VJ, Uncle VJ has joined the rockband with Mortimer!

That's Vejay Langerak, Son of  Miraj and Kaylynn and grand daughter of Iqbal and @Nindigo and Dustin and Iliana.

The other uncle, Parker nursing a nooboo in game for the first time.

Then he went to France to catch frogs and crayfish and snails, pick grapes and find some location specific butterflies swim down the river in the middle of town.

Sleep little Vejay sleep

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2020, 06:12:29 AM »
Time goes by so quickly with normal lifespan. Miraj appears to be an Adult already :o

Oh, well. Little Vejay (or is it Veejay?) will continue the Alvi bloodline. Being in a band seems like something Uncle VJ would enjoy and fit with.

VJ is commonly short for Video Jockey just as DJ is short for Disc Jockey, and RJ is short for Radio Jockey.

Bearing in mind that the promotional Sim, Magnus - who resembles VJ quite a bit - is a rockstar, maybe VJ is simply an extention of that same idea?

But anyway, thank you for the update. I had been hoping for one :P

Oh, and a disclaimer: I am of course not the Missus Alvi who walked out on VJ and Miraj - what kind of mother would do such a heartless thing just because of Iqbal?

Hmm...I suppose we can deduct from where VJ got his evil trait. Maybe she even hated children? Oh, my :-\

Love, Nindigo

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: The Shayde Family - State of the Household - Monday Week 9
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2020, 07:44:48 PM »
@Nindigo of course you're not that Missus Alvi. I meant you're the grandma in a spiritual sense. :) Your love and care for the Alvi family is the love I see a grandma would have for her offspring.

I've updated the museum value - currently at almost 81,000. In game we're at Monday of week 9, and Scarlet has chowed down on her 3rd round of ambrosia.

Aggie has died, but she's been back pretty much non stop, using the rocking chairs.
and eating pancakes from the fridge.

Parker has continued his dirty old man tendencies into his elderhood. He's had his latest child - another son with Tiffanie Ursine in between eating the occasional jelly bean. He's had fiery/garlic/minty breath, turned blue, turned yellow, had an itch he can't scratch, wet himself out of fear, become incredibly tired/strong/energised/etc and been singed from his sweet tooth, that oh and he's also continued fishing. He's so far caught all the unique fish on offer in France and Egypt and is waiting for his cooldown to end to go to China. He's also buying the unique skill/recipe books and most of the unique equipment in each location (though I DID somehow forget to get him the nectar making/nectar racks from France. He's at 80 days currently and is waiting (im)patiently for the oldest Mortimer/Bella daughter to hit Young adult stage so he can go greet her - I think that should be in the next day or so.
He's also introduced the joys of fishing to the other men in the household.

Ethan is now an elder, he reached his LTW of becoming Leader of the World as an Adult (the honorary uni degre with LTHPs proved very useful) and he's decided to let his hair down and let out his inner anime character. He is 74 years old, eternally faithful to Scarlet and is (im)patiently waiting to be a grandfather (he's wanted to be a grand father since the marriage of Figaro Sky and Cobolt. He is happy to have Vejay as a surrogate grandson until then, however. Just as well - guess who gets potty duty when Vejay becomes a toddler. :P
His elder portrait for the 'mortal elder museum. He spends his days fishing when not working or running to snuggle/feed/play with/change dirty diaper of Vejay.

Our matriarch, Scarlet, has just reset her age to the start of elderhood again on this Monday. Having maxed her alchemy career, she's now level 9 of the secret agent career. Her days are spent rocking in one of the chairs alongside Aggie, gardening (she has almost supermaxed gardening - only a handful of perfect plants to be harvested until she does so), going to the alchemy consignment store (in the hope of geting more beeswax for super duper friendship potions) and mixing super duper friendship and super duper invigoration potions. I am very vigilant with her making and eating her ambrosia ... I don't want ghostly Aggie accidentally eating left overs and being restored to life (and yes, something like that happened in one of my failed past attempts.
I had hoped for a picture of her gardening, but I couldn't find one, here's one of her in a rocking chair alongside ghostly Aggie.

Next up is Kaylynn Langerak who is 3 days from being an elder. She is our current primary museum curator and brought the Alvi line into the household with the assistance of Miraj. Alvi would have to be somewhere around her age as well. She keeps on getting wishes to be with Miraj :). She is a self employed sculptor, a skill she has maxed, along with painting and photography. Unlike painting and photography, she has also supermaxed sculpting skill. She is a handful of paintings from supermax painting skill as well. In a throwback to her Sims 1 days, she is also the cleaner and chef for the household. But she isn't seeking a relationship with either Ethan, Mortimer or Cobolt, so its not totally a throwback to sims 1. :D She has been granted her wish to be excused from potty duties for little Vejay, but does want to teach him his other toddler skills.
Here she is, making the bed for Ethan and Scarlet.

Mortimer Goth is a week away from becoming an Elder. He's a professional musician - at the top of his game and career and he sells out concerts for a living. He's also a back up painter and has dabbled a bit in sculpting. He keeps on getting calls from the offspring of Dirty Old Man Parker to go on dates (particularly Holly Alto's daughter) but he's so dedicated to Bella, he's threatened to eat ambrosia if I ever have him accept one of the dates, so I've so far not succummed to the temptation. He and Bella so far have 3 children, two daughters and a son, so I think her house still has space for a couple more. He's fallen under the sway of fishing with Parker.
But he does love the guitar!

Sky Shayde is our 2nd generation targeted immortal. She's a young adult with 11 days until becoming an adult. She's had have first child locked in as a wish ever since Aggie died. She went for renaissance sim as her LTW, rather than Descendant of Da Vinci, and as well as her sculpting super max, she's maxing photography and painting.
She will become the overall museum curator in time, but until then, she's got 7 ice sculptures until she becomes an Ice Personality. Not sure what career she'll switch to following maxing her SE Sculptor life.

Cobolt Shayde is Sky's husband and is 12 days until becoming an adult. He too is working towards becoming an ice personality (he can already paint portraits) and has brain enhanced his way to high level photography skill so that he can capture the essence of Sky for her museum items once Kaylnn and Mortimer run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible.
Cobolt still enjoys slipping into his boardies, sneaking into the garden and playing in the sprinklers - and he isn't even childish. :)

Little Vejay Langerak is 1 day from being a toddler. His only job at the moment is to cry when he's hungry, lonely or has pooped his pants. Oh and be snuggled/played with.
Here he is being tended to by 'Uncle' Mortimer.

As a bonus, here's the mortal elder museum. When they turn elder, I give the household member a makeover to some extent - more customised when it came to Ethan - and put their picture, portrait and sculptor in a small room. Aggie early on had made one of the overseas pedestals, so once she became an ice personality I had her churn them out. These are to hold their urns.
These are the rooms for Aggie (right) - completed with urn, Parker (middle) - completed and waiting for his death to get urn and Ethan (left) - completed and waiting for his death to get urn. Plenty of space for other mortal deaths

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2020, 01:50:52 PM »
Thank you for the kind words, I am heartwarmed <3

I like Ethan's new look. Reading 'Letting out his inner anime character' made me snort out loud ;D

And wonderful that Parker is still going strong - or rather, that a certain part of him is ::)

It's nice that Sims aren't gone for real, as they can come back as ghosts. I really hope this ID succeeds.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »
There have been things that have happened in game - and I had done up a post and everything, only it seems I closed down my browser before I posted it :(

Not to worry, it'll be up again, but it involves birthdays, new jobs, more dirty old man Parker escapades and another rendition of "Come with me, Mortal One".

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 06:22:45 AM »
*Tickles*

I realise that there may have happened an overwhelming much in your game since your last post.

How are things progressing?

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »
I've been otherwise occupied, hitting various parts of my body on furniture and shoes and bleeding. :(

Just as well I don't faint at the sight of my blood.

I haven't forgotten this, just haven't been in a headspace to post.