Author Topic: CAS Stories: A Spreadsheet  (Read 2409 times)

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
CAS Stories: A Spreadsheet
« on: October 07, 2020, 10:45:55 AM »
I have no idea if this is the appropriate place to post this, or if anyone will be interested at all, but...
I've mapped the outcomes of the questions from CAS Stories because I have too much free time.
The info comes straight from the tuning files, so it may use different internal names. I've done my best to change skills and traits to match in-game ones, but haven't bothered with aspirations yet (hence "Beach Bum").
Note that each outcome has a "weight" value, which may be negative.

If anyone is interested, make a copy in order to be able to use filters and modify values.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdHyb5h-O0nc9P0ZpY6pBSUdmxHqq9QyeLUyhJqX2WE/edit?usp=sharing

Stay safe, everyone

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: CAS Stories: A Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »
@mousef

What an incredible spreadsheet and how useful! I'm not even going to ask how you accomplished it because I'm sure I wouldn't understand.
Oooh, you referred to the tuning files (which I've never ever in my life looked at and wouldn't know where to look or being, but that's okay.)

What does the A, B, C after the aspiration categories mean?  At first, I thought it might refer to the sequence in which the aspirations are listed.
But some (like Knowledge) have more than 3 categories.

Thanks so much for this! I'm tempted to create a new household immediately, but...I'm on a simming break this month.
Can't wait to try out your spreadsheet though, which I immediately copied to my Google drive! 💖

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 06:21:51 AM »
I'm glad you found it useful, @oshizu !

The letters indicate the Aspiration track: Knowledge A = Renaissance Sim, B = Computer Whiz, etc.
At some point they started using names instead of letters, so there is also Knowledge - Academic, for example. The devs are not consistent with their nomenclature.
Since Aspirations can be changed, and what determines the bonus trait is the main category (i.e. any Knowledge track gives Quick Learner), I haven't yet bothered to decipher which letter is which track. If I get super bored again I might update it though LOL

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 07:07:43 AM »
Cool thanks for the work, @mousef

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 10:22:19 AM »
this is great.  Thanks for sharing