Author Topic: How I Make My Sims Suffer AKA What Are The Smallest Apts in San Myshuno?  (Read 10287 times)

Offline Mrs Yak

• Nooboo
*I want to apologize up front because I'm probably the only one interested in details like this!*

I just started playing The Sims 4 this year and only recently got the City Living EP. One of the first things I noticed was that the apartments certain sims lived in didn't make sense to me. So I set out to correct that. While some got an upgrade, I decided others needed to move to a place that was, shall we say, a little more cozy (I'm looking at you, Karaoke Legends). I needed to know what the smallest apartments were, and I couldn't find the exact sizes listed anywhere on the internet, so I set out to figure that out.

(Hey, Mr. Kibo. Have you noticed Miko, yet? Maybe now you will. ;) )

SAN MYSHUNO RENTALS BY SIZE FROM SMALLEST TO LARGEST (Note: This list only includes rental apartments and sizes denoted do not include any balconies if the apartment has one.)

1.   1310 21 Chic Street      72 tiles
2.   1312 21 Chic Street      80 tiles
3.   1313 21 Chic Street      81 tiles
4.   910 Medina Studios      90 tiles
5.   2A Jasmine Suites       100 tiles
6.   17 Culpepper House    108 tiles
7.   2B Jasmine Suites       119 tiles
8.   18 Culpepper House    124 tiles
9.   19 Culpepper House    145 tiles
10.  920 Medina Studios    145 tiles (I used rent amount as the tie breaker)
11.  702 ZenView Apts      162 tiles
12.  701 ZenView Apts      166 tiles
13.  121 Hakim House       172 tiles
14.  20 Culpepper House    228 tiles
15.  122 Hakim House       246 tiles
16.  930 Medina Studios    291 tiles
17.  1020 Alto Apts           388 tiles
18.  VIII Landgraab          428.5 tiles
19.  IX Landgraab            438.5 tiles
20.  1010 Alto Apts           468 tiles
21.  888 Spire Apts           606 tiles

If you find an error in my calculations, just let me know. Also, for more information on the apartments I found the info on this thread very helpful:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=s4toe9p105g28rm93or9ead3p4;topic=28337.msg505336#msg505336

And, yes I did force the Karaoke Legends to all squeeze together in the smallest apartment!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: How I Make My Sims Suffer AKA What Are The Smallest Apts in San Myshuno?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 03:50:03 PM »
Lol... And what did you do to Darling Walsh?  I've seen several people who say they delete her completely.  I always thought it was a strange name for a boy, and I had a teen girl trying to flirt with her.  Until finally one day she visited in a dress...
If you use MCCC, it will have npc's marry each other and have kids.  Not always in that order!  And MCCC doesn't care who lives with whom, so Akira would probably marry someone random, and Miko would marry someone else random.  Nobody seems to be in any hurry to marry or reproduce until the Adult stage.  It's very rare for Katrina Caliente to marry Don Lothario, but not at all rare for her to have his baby.  It's not at all rare for any single female in the game to have Don Lothario's baby, for that matter...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mrs Yak

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
Lol... And what did you do to Darling Walsh?  I've seen several people who say they delete her completely.  I always thought it was a strange name for a boy, and I had a teen girl trying to flirt with her.  Until finally one day she visited in a dress...
If you use MCCC, it will have npc's marry each other and have kids.  Not always in that order!  And MCCC doesn't care who lives with whom, so Akira would probably marry someone random, and Miko would marry someone else random.  Nobody seems to be in any hurry to marry or reproduce until the Adult stage.  It's very rare for Katrina Caliente to marry Don Lothario, but not at all rare for her to have his baby.  It's not at all rare for any single female in the game to have Don Lothario's baby, for that matter...

Oh, Darling is still living with them. I squeezed 3 bedrooms into that apartment! I do have MCCC and the random marriages and baby making drives me nuts, but I go into manage households every few days and "take care" of those situations. *insert devil horns emoji* Or if I catch them on the street I'll take care of it, then. Bella Goth is one that I catch a lot. That woman loves to make babies!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 02:37:44 PM »
Speaking of random baby making... Lily Feng.  For someone who hates children, she certainly pops out a lot of them.  Nearly every game, that household ends up with 3 or 4 kids by the time Victor or Lily die of old age.
I like to drop a "sim me" (he looks like my avatar) into any new save I make.  Since he's already an Adult, MCCC usually gets him married asap.  His most frequent wife is Katrina Caliente.  One of those saves, they raised Don Lothario's child together lol.
And sims tortured by living in cramped quarters- not my doing, but there was a family of 5, from 3 generations, living in Johnny Zest's old trailer!  The place has one single bed!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 07:01:53 PM »

If you use MCCC, it will have npc's marry each other and have kids.  Not always in that order!  And MCCC doesn't care who lives with whom, so Akira would probably marry someone random, and Miko would marry someone else random. 
@Brian_Z

I've been thinking about why MCCC's default settings delay pregnancy/marriage until the Adult stage. Here's what I do (don't laugh!).
In games where I play with MCCC (for a legacy or Build a City challenge, not part of this forum's dynasty challenge offerings), I always change the Pregnancy/Marriage settings to suit my needs.
*Resident status: Only sims living in houses/apartments can do pregnancy/marriage
   (B/c I'm a control freak and don't want my sims' possible spouse options to be "entangled.")
*No premarital ***: Only married sims can do it, though a few (with good genes) are "allowed" to be unfaithful. Haha
*Age: NPCs can do pregnancy/marriage from the YA stage. I changed this setting b/c some adult sims were having kids so late that they'd expire and their kids would be taken away
*Adoptions: Kids get taken by social services are adopted back into the community. There!

On second thought, I guess delaying NPC reproduction/marriage until the Adult stage gives one's own sims a larger window of time to snag that desirable NPC.  Huh.
In my Build-A-City Challenge (which I've not played for months), though, I deleted all the premades and added 17 households of my own, so I've disabled the auto-marriage/pregnancy settings.

Incidentally, it must be hilarious to drop your simself into the game and see what random chaos MCCC creates for him.
Would you consider posting screenshots of your (um, I mean "his"?) kids with Katrina in the Share Your Screenshots thread?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 07:05:55 PM »
@Mrs Yak

Very interesting info you've compiled!  Thanks so much for sharing it with the rest of us!
When you play a household in a San Myshuno apartment, do you usually re-do all of the interior and walls?

I've only played one household (Karaoke Legends) for a single generation, after my dynasty founder Liberty Lee married Akira Kibo...

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 08:16:19 PM »

Incidentally, it must be hilarious to drop your simself into the game and see what random chaos MCCC creates for him.
Would you consider posting screenshots of your (um, I mean "his"?) kids with Katrina in the Share Your Screenshots thread?

My work buddy who also plays found it HILARIOUS when I told him about one save where sim me married Marcus Flex.
But yes, this game sim me married Katrina again and they have a daughter so far, I could get a pic tonight.  When I started this game up, I realized I could place him, mark him unplayed, and evict him, and the game will give him a home randomly.  It moved him into a pretty nice house, a lot more than he could afford with the default starting funds.

I keep getting bored/having new ideas, so I am always starting new saves.  Since I started dropping my simself into every new save, MCCC has hooked him up with:
Katrina Caliente- at least 3 times now.
Lana McKinnon- they held off for a LONG time before having a baby.  And then I discovered they were marked Played!  I probably did that to cheat NAP's into effect.  Anyway, my controlled sim gave him a rejuvenation potion so their child would make it to Teen before their parents kicked the bucket.
Marcus Flex- Like I said, my work buddy found that hilarious.
And once, a random generated female with green hair.  Pretty good looking, other than her odd taste in hair dye.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 08:56:57 PM »

My work buddy who also plays found it HILARIOUS when I told him about one save where sim me married Marcus Flex.
But yes, this game sim me married Katrina again and they have a daughter so far, I could get a pic tonight.  When I started this game up, I realized I could place him, mark him unplayed, and evict him, and the game will give him a home randomly.  It moved him into a pretty nice house, a lot more than he could afford with the default starting funds.

I keep getting bored/having new ideas, so I am always starting new saves.  Since I started dropping my simself into every new save, MCCC has hooked him up with:
Katrina Caliente- at least 3 times now.
Lana McKinnon- they held off for a LONG time before having a baby.  And then I discovered they were marked Played!  I probably did that to cheat NAP's into effect.  Anyway, my controlled sim gave him a rejuvenation potion so their child would make it to Teen before their parents kicked the bucket.
Marcus Flex- Like I said, my work buddy found that hilarious.
And once, a random generated female with green hair.  Pretty good looking, other than her odd taste in hair dye.

Oh c'mon. We all know (you me, and your work buddy) that Marcus Flex is the total package. LOL!
Curious that MCCC has chosen Katrina as your simself's spouse in 3 different saves. Trait compatibility?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 09:20:10 PM »
I think the biggest reason is that as an Adult, MCCC tries to find him a partner right away, and Katrina is in the same boat.  I'm surprised I haven't been matched with Mila Munch for the same reason.  Sim me is Lazy, a Geek, and Loves Outdoors.  Katrina is Hot-Headed, Romantic, and Family Oriented-- so nothing that's a bad combination, but nothing that really makes them a GOOD match either.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 09:45:06 PM »
Haha, I love your simself's traits. 
Do you also place yourself simself in your games as an NPC?
Is your MCCC marriage module set to same age-group marriages? Odd that MCCC never hooks you up with Liberty Lee or Travis Scott, haha (both geeks).
Or add your simself to a save as a teen and see if MCCC puts him in a romantic relationship with geeky Yuki Behr (one of my favorite premades....)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2020, 11:17:34 PM »
I haven't played with those settings, so basically MCCC tries to hook up all single Adults.  It WOULD be interesting to mess around with the settings and see who I end up with then.  But yes, Sim Me gets placed and marked unplayed, so sometimes I'll spot me as a bartender or whatever.  I do have to say that it was a bit jarring at first to see my real name coming up!  It's a pretty uncommon German name that no one ever pronounces right.

Those default settings must have been different at one time, because I had one save quite a while back where Katrina married Caleb Vatore.  And Vlad married and had kids!  This was before I started putting sim me into my games.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 02:38:43 AM »
So... Katrina called one of my currently played sims, asking if she should have another baby.  You're asking the advice of someone younger than your daughters?  So of course I told her to have that baby.  In spite of the fact that the baby will probably have to be raised by its sister eventually.
I did go into the MCCC settings and include Young Adults to be considered for marriage and pregnancy.  And days later, one of the sims I seeded from my library as a teen, married Don Lothario immediately after aging up.  She had a house in the Goth's neighborhood, so I think he's after her money.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2020, 01:51:39 PM »
Sorry, I've kind of derailed your topic here.  I'll continue the conversation with Oshizu elsewhere!