Author Topic: Coming soon: The Sims 4- Snowy Escape November 13th Updated 10/28/2020  (Read 4268 times)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Coming soon: The Sims 4- Snowy Escape November 13th
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 11:36:27 AM »
 So we know that we are getting "lifestyle and sentiment" check out this article with SimguruGraham, it has a lot of cool information about the EP.

Bundle Up For The Ultimate Winter Getaway In The Sims 4 Snowy Escape, Available November 13

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »
What are you looking forward to with this new EP? I am still in the process of editing and uploading screenshots in between my school work today. So please be patient with me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 01:57:11 PM »
Watching my sims do faceplants on the slopes... vacation rental OR live there... snow depth, apparently!  Stuff to DO in winter, beyond the few things we've had all along and we're tired of our sims doing them.
Something I hope they'll tell us soon:  Can we BUILD a rental elsewhere?  That's something Island Living should have had, and I would totally add that to Sulani.
Everything they've shown us so far looks fantastic.  Except that centipede.  Get it off me GET IT OFF ME!!!!!

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 02:16:30 PM »
Watching my sims do faceplants on the slopes... vacation rental OR live there... snow depth, apparently!  Stuff to DO in winter, beyond the few things we've had all along and we're tired of our sims doing them.
Something I hope they'll tell us soon:  Can we BUILD a rental elsewhere?  That's something Island Living should have had, and I would totally add that to Sulani.
Everything they've shown us so far looks fantastic.  Except that centipede.  Get it off me GET IT OFF ME!!!!!

@Brian_Z do you mean this:

9.jpg

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »

@Brian_Z do you mean this:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Yes.  She doesn't look particularly thrilled about it either.  I bet it's a random thing that can happen when you explore the forest they mentioned?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 07:29:31 PM »
Thanks for all this, sdhoey!
I took the quiz and got IMMERSIVE:
You’re looking to experience another culture and learn all about it! From new foods to festivals, fashion, and decor, you want to get lost in new experiences.

I'm not a winter sports person, but I love the look of the traditional Japanese builds, the mix of residential and rental lots (does this mean that the game still controls which lots can be rentals? Booo!), and the upcoming new festivals. The Lifestyle feature also sounds promising.
I never bought Journey to Battuu, but Snowy Escape will definitely be a pre-order for me.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 07:43:52 PM »
I am most interested in the cool centipede. It isn't fleas but at least sims can have some form of vermin crawl all over them.

OK, while cool the centipede is actually what I am second most interested in. Lifestyles and sentiments are what I am most interested in. Sims as is lack personality. Any feature adding personality to then is a must buy. If this is well done, I will be happy.

I also love the look of the new world. Japanese themed items are most welcomed. The fact the new world is both a vacation world and a livable one is exciting. Hope they made it possible to make other worlds that way as well.

What I am not excited about is the three new skills, rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding. Boring. Sledding is cool though as toddlers can do it with an adult. Family game play is always welcome.

Anyway, when I first heard yesterday that the new expansion was winter sports themed I was not happy. But the Japanese world theme, lifestyles and sentiments addition, and the centipede has me excited.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 08:12:54 PM »
I forgot to say that I'd been planning to immediately plunge into the Challenge Team's new dynasty challenge when it's unveiled in November.
Now, I'll see what the new challenge is like and, if relevant, wait until the challenge rules are updated to accommodate Snowy Pack. Yay!

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 07:36:15 PM »
As someone who grew up in VT, this is great Long past the age when I can do this stuff in real life. But letting a Sim sprain his knee is perfectly fine. And winter camping! Time to break out that Grateful Dead snowboard/skiing video.

My only wish is they could have put bobsled or luge tracks on the mountain. That would have been perfect.

Curious to see if we get new foods or plans with it.

I think this may have been the survey where I voted for the Scottish Highlands venue. I need to come up with a better strategy. Like voting in reverse or something.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 10:35:17 PM »
I wonder if the answers to the quiz linked above by sdhoey are related to the Lifestyle options.
For example, I know of three quiz responses so far: Laidback, Action-Filled, and Immersive.