Author Topic: The Seven Heroes Dynasty  (Read 41558 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Seven Heroes Dynasty
« on: November 16, 2020, 06:36:57 AM »
The Seven Heroes Dynasty

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal: Superheroes have superpowers, but your seven heroes are just ordinary Sims, doing everyday things -- growing plants, mentoring students, catching criminals. As first responders and essential workers, they’re just trying to do something good for their society. Your teenage Founder will set up a household where each member will strive for the change they want to see in the world. The challenge will end when each member of the household has completed at least one unique project.

Setting up Your File + General Rules
  • Always play with the most current EA patch.
  • The Parenthood game pack is required.
  • Create your Teen founder in CAS. No Occults Allowed. No evil, mean, or hates children traits.
  • No Deviance, Galactic Privateer, or Serial Romantic aspirations.
  • Game Options: Length—Normal; Aging—On; Freewill—High; Neighborhood Stories System settings: Player's choice; Season Length & Weather—Player’s Choice. You’re allowed one created holiday per two weeks. All pop-up holidays are okay.
  • Players can place any community lots they want, and your Sims can move to another world when needed.
  • In general, all cheats and mods are banned. If you have a stuck Sim and need to reset him/her, go ahead and use the cheat. Building cheats and ones used for screenshots are fine, too. Anything that does not give you an advantage should be okay. If in doubt — ask. Exiting without saving to avoid an unfortunate event is cheating.

Becoming a Hero
Your Founder and heirs must age up with at least 3 positive character traits. If not, it's an automatic fail. Teens may age up as soon as they have the 3 positive character traits.

Your Founder and future Heroes have to complete 7 of the following requirements:
  • Earn 7 scouting badges
  • Complete 7 volunteer activities
  • Find 7 collectibles
  • Grow 7 plants of different species
  • Catch 7 fish of different species
  • Make 7 good friends
  • Make 7 objects
  • Complete 7 college credits
  • Complete 7 odd jobs
  • Reach level 7 of an adult skill
  • Finish reading 7 non-skill books
  • Throw 7 parties

Upon completing the 7 requirements, your Hero can:

1. Begin work on a Project (see below).
2. Add a future hero to the household.
3. Take an immortal potion (available from the Rewards store) or serum as needed.

Adding to the Household

You may add to the household through either adoption or birth (including alien abduction). The alien baby will occupy the next available space for a hero. Otherwise, wait until the Founder or previous heir has completed the seven requirements. Adoptees can be any age (baby, toddler, or child).

Only teens may be aged up early, upon receiving three positive character traits.

Projects

Projects are the the core of this Dynasty challenge. Your heroes must do all the work on their project themselves. Each project, including extra projects, must be different. Things that your heroes did as part of their hero requirements may be used, e.g., items found, college credits earned, etc. An * indicates projects that require only the base game.
  • Assemble an art museum containing 7 masterpieces, 7 excellent wood carvings and 7 outstanding
     photographs*
  • Assemble a natural history museum containing 7 collections of 7 unique items each. Aliens, bird feathers, crystals, fish, fossils, frogs, insects, metals, microscope prints, shells, and telescope prints may be used.*
  • Assemble an Omiscan museum containing all artifacts and 9 unique relics with rare crystals.
  • Clean up Sulani and max conservationist career
  • Complete Distinguished Degree in Psychology and counsel 7 angry, 7 sad, and 7 tense Sims, putting them in a happy, inspired, confident, or focused mood
  • Complete Paragon of Hope aspiration
  • Complete the Lady or Lord of the Knits aspiration and give away 70 knitted objects.
  • Create 7 Servos and give them to 7 elders
  • Cure 7 vampires
  • Defeat the Mother in Strangerville
  • Develop a soup kitchen by maxing the Charity Organizer branch of the Politics career and serving 70 meals in a restaurant. If you don't have Dine Out, you may grill 70 dishes in a park.
  • Exorcize 7 different households at the Expert level. You must go with the Sim.
  • Grow 7 perfect fruits, 7 perfect herbs, and 7 perfect vegetables*
  • Guide 7 different Sims to the top of Mt. Komorebi in one or more Mountain Excursions
  • Interplanetary Ambassador -- Max the Astronaut career, visit Sixam, and have 7 Sixamite friends
  • Make 70,000 simoleons running a retail store that sells essential items
  • Make Evergreen Harbor the best that it can be by passing the Green Initiative and Modern Development Initiative in each neighborhood and ensuring that the town has a maker space, market space, and community garden.
  • Make Sim world safer by performing 70 upgrades on plumbing and electrical items on community lots*
  • Max Business or Salaryworker career and donate 70,000 simoleons to reputable charities*
  • Max Chef or Mixology aspiration and prepare 7 excellent meals, 7 excellent gourmet meals, and 7 excellent drinks. Baked dishes and fizzy drinks may also count.*
  • Max Detective career and lock up 7 felons
  • Max Doctor career and perform 7 successful surgeries
  • Max Flower Arranging skill and give away 70 flower arrangements
  • Max Interior Decorator career and do renovations at 7 different community lots
  • Max Politician career, participating in 7 demonstrations and giving 7 inspired speeches
  • Max Personal Trainer branch of Athletics and mentor 7 Sims in fitness*
  • Max Scientist career and stockpile 70 serums
  • Max Secret Agent career and witness the deaths of 7 evil Sims*
  • Max the Education career and mentor 7 children or teens
  • Max the Tech Guru career and write 7 games*
  • Max veterinarian skill, cure 7 pets, and befriend 7 strays
  • Nurture 7 topnotch toddlers and send them to good homes when they become children*
  • Publish 7 motivational best-sellers*
  • Write 7 unique songs*
  • Make and give away 70 canned goods, which must be made from home-grown ingredients (except sugar) and include at least one of each canned good type. Canned good gifts are limited to Sims and servos (that is, Sims who can live in residences).

Finishing Up
You’re done when every member of your household has completed at least one project. Congratulations! You made it into the Dynasty Hall of Fame. Send the challenge team (Metro, MarianT, LenaJ, sdhoey, GlazeyLady, Trip, and Teresa) a private message to let us know you have finished. Let us know the total number of projects your seven heroes completed and the time, in days, that it took. We will add your name to the official leaderboard. No prize for being on top, just bragging rights.

Here is a very helpful spreadsheet to keep you organized.

Good luck, everyone. And a huge thank you to everyone who pitched in ideas and helped in any way to get this Dynasty polished.

This challenge goes live on November 30th.

Sims 4 constantly changes with patches and expansions. As a result, all Dynasty rules are subject to change. The team will note any changes in this thread’s 2nd post, including the change date. Dynasty players must keep up with these changes on their own as part of playing the challenge. If there is a rule clarification and you break that rule, there is no guarantee the Challenge Board team will give a second chance.

Player                            Completed Projects     Time
callycat17130 days
oshizu24153 days
GlazeyLady20145 days
Ricalynn28130 days
Granny Lawlor33281 days

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Seven Heroes Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 06:37:12 AM »
Additions and changes

December 21, 2020 -- New projects: Develop a soup kitchen, handiness upgrades, and mountain excursions
January 29, 2021 -- New project: Exorcize 7 households at the expert level.
June 25, 2021 -- New Project: Max Interior Decorator career and make renovations at 7 different community lots.
July 13, 2021 -- Clarified what is needed for the Omiscan Museum project.
September 18, 2021 Update Money Offer "You look Low On Funds" Offer must be Declined
April 1, 2022 -- For a new or existing dynasty, you are allowed to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households" one time only, after which they must not be changed.  Changing NSS settings for individual households is not allowed.
June 8, 2022 -- Added a new canned goods project.
July 9, 2022 -- Clarified Founder's life state in CAS, and clarified Simbots/Servos
July 9, 2022 -- Added "Neighborhood Stories System settings: Player's Choice" to the Setup Game Options.
July 14, 2022 -- Clarified the canned goods project.
July 27, 2022 -- Removal of "7 emotional whims" from the Becoming a Hero requirements

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:38:49 AM »
Well, it's officially new Dynasty time, folks. :) This may be the last Sims 4 Dynasty the team offers — we'll have to see whenever Sims 5 is announced. The new Heroes Dynasty comes courtesy of Marian and her endless creativity. Thank you, Marian.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 10:28:25 AM »
I’ll be starting this on the 30th for sure. @MarianT , did you create this one just for me? It certainly seems like it!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »
I’ll be starting this on the 30th for sure. @MarianT , did you create this one just for me? It certainly seems like it!

If the shoe fits... And if you think of a project that might fit in, go ahead and suggest it, either here on in PM.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 02:27:21 PM »
Wow, another fantastic, new dynasty challenge!  Thank you so much, Challenge Team!
reggikko I will no doubt join you in starting this on the 30th! :)
Hehe, looks like I'll finally be sending my sims to uni. I'm sure I'll have a dozen or so false starts...

Questions:
HERO Requirements
Q1: For the fish, plants, and collectibles, do they each have to be unique for the founder or particular heir or for the founder and all heirs?
      For example, can multiple heirs grow a Sage plant?

ADDING TO HOUSEHOLD
"You may add to the household through either adoption or birth (including alien abduction)."

Q2: Does the main household consist only of the founder and heirs, without spouses moving in?
     Or may an heir start their own household?
     I'm thinking of the parenting project of nurturing 7 toddlers to childhood.

Q3: Besides female pregnancy, alien abduction, and adoptions, is male pregnancy via gender customization also allowed?

Q4: My game enjoys giving me multiple births, even when unwanted.
      May I move out any spare on their teen or YA birthday?

These are all the questions I can think of right now while I scope out the challenge's parameters.
A new dynasty challenge is always so exciting!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 03:15:24 PM »
Wow, another fantastic, new dynasty challenge!  Thank you so much, Challenge Team!
reggikko I will no doubt join you in starting this on the 30th! :)
Hehe, looks like I'll finally be sending my sims to uni. I'm sure I'll have a dozen or so false starts...

Questions:
HERO Requirements
Q1: For the fish, plants, and collectibles, do they each have to be unique for the founder or particular heir or for the founder and all heirs?
      For example, can multiple heirs grow a Sage plant?
First of all, don't think in terms of "heirs" for this challenge, but of heroes. You can have as many of one plant at your household as you want, but only one of your heroes would be able to have the project of growing 7 perfect fruits, herbs and vegetables.

ADDING TO HOUSEHOLD
"You may add to the household through either adoption or birth (including alien abduction)."

Q2: Does the main household consist only of the founder and heirs, without spouses moving in?
     Or may an heir start their own household?
     I'm thinking of the parenting project of nurturing 7 toddlers to childhood.
Except for the toddlers being nurtured, everyone added to the household should be regarded as a future hero. The oldest person you'll add will likely be a child, so generally you won't have any spouses in the household. All heroes stay in the same household, so they won't be starting their own. You don't have to nurture all 7 toddlers at once, but can spread them out. When they become children, you can move them into some other household or keep one to grow up to be a hero, if the requirements for adding a hero have been met.

Q3: Besides female pregnancy, alien abduction, and adoptions, is male pregnancy via gender customization also allowed?
There's no rule against it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Q4: My game enjoys giving me multiple births, even when unwanted.
      May I move out any spare on their teen or YA birthday?
If you stick with adoptions, you shouldn't have that problem. If you do have twins, I would suggest you have one get the 3 character traits, age up that teen to YA and complete the 7 requirements as quickly as possible while making sure that the other also ages up with 3 positive character traits. As soon as the first twin completes the 7 requirements and becomes a hero, then the second twin can work on the 7 requirements to become a hero. But it's easier if you just adopt.

These are all the questions I can think of right now while I scope out the challenge's parameters.
A new dynasty challenge is always so exciting!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 07:52:53 PM »
MarianT
Thank you very much for clarifying my confusion about heroes vs heirs, household additions, and household composition.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 08:05:49 PM »
Are the heroes allowed to live in a pre-built home?  how about houses or empty shells from the gallery? 

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 12:40:11 AM »
This is my first dynasty challenge so I have a question about the 7 rule.
Catch 7 different species of fish. Do you mean 7 fish each of 7 different species 7tuna, 7goldfish or just 1 fish each as long an as the 7 are different species. Same question for the plants. Also, 7 emotional whims are you referring to the whims that are colored such as green for happy pink for flirty?
I'm excited about this challenge I think going to be interesting

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 06:34:18 AM »
This is my first dynasty challenge so I have a question about the 7 rule.
Catch 7 different species of fish. Do you mean 7 fish each of 7 different species 7tuna, 7goldfish or just 1 fish each as long an as the 7 are different species. Same question for the plants. Also, 7 emotional whims are you referring to the whims that are colored such as green for happy pink for flirty?
I'm excited about this challenge I think going to be interesting

7 different fish means 1 fish each of 7 different species
Same with plants
Emotional whims are the colored whims.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 08:41:58 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving for those of us in the US!  I do have another question.  For the projects that say "Build a museum with X":  are they building a literal museum on a community lot, or can it be on the home lot.  I kinda like the idea of having different lots of museums.

I also wanted to add that I absolutely love this challenge idea.  I work for my local Sheriff's Office, and it's amazing what my co-workers do on a daily basis.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 12:11:33 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving for those of us in the US!  I do have another question.  For the projects that say "Build a museum with X":  are they building a literal museum on a community lot, or can it be on the home lot.  I kinda like the idea of having different lots of museums.

I also wanted to add that I absolutely love this challenge idea.  I work for my local Sheriff's Office, and it's amazing what my co-workers do on a daily basis.

Thanks for your service! and for your co-workers, too.

I would suggest that you build the museum on a community lot, but since you can move your household around, you could build it on your home lot and change it to a museum before moving.

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
How can you tell if it's an adult skill. I've noticed on previous sims that as soon as they age up the skill restarts.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 01:32:08 PM »
How can you tell if it's an adult skill. I've noticed on previous sims that as soon as they age up the skill restarts.

Basically a non-child skill, something other than mental, creative, motor, or social.