Author Topic: Ultimutt Dogtor  (Read 10862 times)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
Re: Ultimutt Dogtor
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »
EDIT -- after looking at your suggestion a bit more, Nikitachi why don't we just eliminate the star rating altogether? If one scoring component is to get to 50 cured patients, then that's the main thing. That is replacing the star rating because that's what is bugged.

Well, I'd still prefer to take the start into account, since it's the challenge, after all :D Otherwise, we can just hire vets and let them do everything as poorly as they'd like.
Maybe someone else can share their opinion on that point? :D

My gut reaction is to include stars as well.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2020, 11:34:20 AM »
Thanks @Nikitachi - Really glad you found that potential bug before the challenge starts.
and @Metropolis Man! - for making the changes for me. 

This has been a rough week for me as I have been at the hospital/clinic every day for tests.  My bout with Covid in September along with a separate virus in December has left me with a residual pain in my chest when breathing.  Today's conversation included the words "suck it up and push through it", which is actually good since that means they haven't found anything specific to treat, and it is just taking a longer time for me to get back to where I was before I got sick.

I think the rule should be amended to not allow any vets to be hired.  Only the two challenge sims can treat patients. 
But you also make a good point about the stars.  Another option would be that the 50 patients have to receive 4 stars, so patients that only receive 3 (or less) stars wouldn't count towards the 50 cured.

Opinions?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 12:32:23 PM »

Well, I'd still prefer to take the stars into account, since it's the challenge, after all :D

But, it's not, really. 50 cured patients = a 5-star clinic, so it's the same thing. The original idea Teresa had was a timed event to get a 5 star clinic. 50 cured patients = a 5 star clinic.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 02:07:36 PM »

Well, I'd still prefer to take the stars into account, since it's the challenge, after all :D

But, it's not, really. 50 cured patients = a 5-star clinic, so it's the same thing. The original idea Teresa had was a timed event to get a 5 star clinic. 50 cured patients = a 5 star clinic.

I'm not sure what you mean here... 50 cured patients = a 5-star clinic only in case all 50 got a 5-star rating. If even a single patient got less, it will take you more patients. Even to get a 4, you need to do quite a lot before you even start accepting patients, which would require careful thinking of how to do it the best way (which is good for a challenge, in my opinion). If you just need to cure 50 patients with any grade, it doesn't require anything, so it becomes the exact same gameplay for everyone.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2020, 02:37:55 PM »
The scoring has been updated where the vet needs to earn 4-stars for a patient to count towards the 50 total.  This should eliminate the "cure the first 50 pets and done" aspect and will require the vets to work for the good score in order to count the pet.

Added to the rules:
Each patient cured will need to earn 4-stars for the treatment to count towards the 50 patients

Also added:
Only the two challenge sims can treat patients.  NPC vets cannot be hired to work in the clinic.

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
I like the idea of the stars being counted but does the game count the number of patients treated with 4 stars or is this being counted by the player?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
The player will need to do the counting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2020, 07:53:06 PM »
I've been doing a couple of test runs and keep hitting the bug where the pet owners don't pay before they leave  :( I've tried the suggested solutions such as quitting and restarting, repairing the game etc... Is this happening to anybody else? Of course I will still be able to play through the challenge even if the clinic loses money, but it will be more difficult if one of my sims has to spend a lot of time raising money to support their veterinary habit...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2020, 10:03:36 AM »
Tomorrow is the big day everyone can get started on this event. Ask your final clarifications...it's unlikely any rules will be changed after tomorrow. Good luck, everyone, and Happy New Year. :)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 07:20:33 AM »
I've been doing a couple of test runs and keep hitting the bug where the pet owners don't pay before they leave  :( I've tried the suggested solutions such as quitting and restarting, repairing the game etc... Is this happening to anybody else? Of course I will still be able to play through the challenge even if the clinic loses money, but it will be more difficult if one of my sims has to spend a lot of time raising money to support their veterinary habit...

Sorry @techiechick - I haven't had this issue. The only time one of my clients left without paying was when I chose Dismiss Client after I had successfully treated their pet (I wanted to see what would happen). Good Luck!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Offline Sugarnibble

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »
Can our two vet sims earn money any way (ie collectibles) or only from the clinic? Thanks!

editing to add: can we purchase perks with the vet perk points?
Sims geek, book junkie, lover of lists.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2021, 11:26:42 PM »
Money can be earned any way as it doesn't effect the scoring.

Yes you can purchase perks, but you cannot hire any outside vets.

Offline Sugarnibble

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2021, 06:10:41 PM »
Money can be earned any way as it doesn't effect the scoring.

Yes you can purchase perks, but you cannot hire any outside vets.

Thank you! One more question -- can we buy reward traits like Never Weary or Moodlet Manager potions?

I've not really done a challenge before so sorry for asking so many questions!
Sims geek, book junkie, lover of lists.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2021, 06:54:30 PM »
Reward traits are allowed

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2021, 08:16:57 PM »
Okay - I did Repair Game again and it seems to have worked this time. Hooray!

My vets reached 50 4-star patients at 10:43 pm on Wednesday of Week 1, for a time of 5203 minutes

My dogs know a total of 14 tricks.

Final score = 4065

Thanks for a fun challenge!!

anything