Author Topic: A Career Challenge with Cheats? Sounds Alien to Me!  (Read 13586 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: A Career Challenge with Cheats? Sounds Alien to Me!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 02:08:58 PM »
I want to make sure I have this right. For every unique reward object placed, BOTH of our Alien Sims can use/store their powers on any Sim.  So, we could fill the needs of any 2 Sims in the household for every 1 unique reward object placed. Is that correct?

No. Ignore the Aliens. You're using the cheat not them ;). We're just putting them in as the cheat equaling their special powers. One object = one use of the cheat.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 03:05:13 PM »
I want to make sure I have this right. For every unique reward object placed, BOTH of our Alien Sims can use/store their powers on any Sim.  So, we could fill the needs of any 2 Sims in the household for every 1 unique reward object placed. Is that correct?

No. Ignore the Aliens. You're using the cheat not them ;). We're just putting them in as the cheat equaling their special powers. One object = one use of the cheat.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 02:17:22 AM »
To make the challenge more... well, challenging (:D), maybe the team should consider banning Rally the Troops? Because, when it is allowed, that Alien 'cheat' won't even be needed.
Also, maybe this time we should ban the Wishing Well (at least wishing for promotions)?

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 05:22:03 AM »
To make the challenge more... well, challenging (:D), maybe the team should consider banning Rally the Troops? Because, when it is allowed, that Alien 'cheat' won't even be needed.
Also, maybe this time we should ban the Wishing Well (at least wishing for promotions)?

As much as I really hate to admit it, I agree with @Nikitachi -- I think Clubs are ok, but no Rally the Troops. And definitely no Wishing Well.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 05:44:25 AM »

I would say its all part of executed strategy. Rally only ups 3 of your needs so the "cheat" is needed in certain situations and WW is used at risk ;)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2021, 06:06:19 AM »

I would say its all part of executed strategy. Rally only ups 3 of your needs so the "cheat" is needed in certain situations and WW is used at risk ;)

Yes, it's a risk, but it makes the challenge a gambling game instead of a strategy game. I played a few similar challenges in the past, and I have spent a bit of time practicing for this one - and my Sims almost don't even get to work when I'm using the well. Instead of thinking for a smart way to do things, you just gamble, gamble, gamble. And the one who's the most lucky will win the event. Doesn't make much sense to me...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2021, 06:27:07 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I added two bans (see post #2 in this thread).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2021, 08:22:16 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I added two bans (see post #2 in this thread).

Thank you Metro!
Since this year might be the last one for the Sims 4 challenges, I'd really like to challenge myself instead of just repeating what I already did in the previous years.
I really appreciate your cooperation.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2021, 08:15:25 PM »
Some more questions:
- Can we age any Sims up with a cake if we want to?

Yes, that's fine. But, just a reminder -- no age extension methods.

Since additional Sims cannot be added to the family by way of pregnancy (that would be an age extension method), can we add the other Sims during CAS when we are creating our 2 starting Alien Sims or do they have to be acquired during game play?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2021, 08:22:39 PM »

Since additional Sims cannot be added to the family by way of pregnancy (that would be an age extension method), can we add the other Sims during CAS when we are creating our 2 starting Alien Sims or do they have to be acquired during game play?

You only start with your 2 Aliens when you go into Live mode. A huge part of the strategy in this one is researching what other Sims would benefit you the most.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021, 05:57:59 AM »

As much as I really hate to admit it, I agree with @Nikitachi -- I think Clubs are ok, but no Rally the Troops. And definitely no Wishing Well.

I suggest that the Potion of Plentiful Needs and Copypasto also be banned for the same reason.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2021, 06:16:28 AM »
I suggest that the Potion of Plentiful Needs and Copypasto also be banned for the same reason.

Good suggestions. I updated the rules. It's highly unlikely the rules will change after tomorrow (Thursday), so if anyone has another suggestion, it needs to be today.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2021, 07:04:53 AM »

Good suggestions. I updated the rules. It's highly unlikely the rules will change after tomorrow (Thursday), so if anyone has another suggestion, it needs to be today.

Just wanted to say that I tried playing by the new rules yesterday (no Rally and no Well), and the gameplay became SO MUCH more interesting!

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021, 09:52:57 AM »
Is the one use of the cheat on the sim who got the career reward or any sim? Thanks.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2021, 11:20:19 AM »
Is the one use of the cheat on the sim who got the career reward or any sim? Thanks.

The key word in the following rule is "appropriate" ...

• For every unique career reward obtained by a household member, your two Aliens use their special powers (shift click the appropriate Sim and use the Make Happy cheat) a single time.

So, please only use the cheat on a Sim who earned it via a career reward.

anything