Author Topic: A Career Challenge with Cheats? Sounds Alien to Me!  (Read 13802 times)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
Re: A Career Challenge with Cheats? Sounds Alien to Me!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 05:39:19 PM »
So, please only use the cheat on a Sim who earned it via a career reward.

I had missed that nuance — thank you for clarifying  :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2021, 11:23:08 AM »
1/20 -- two more bans added:

• Potion of Plentiful Needs is banned.
  • The Copypasto spell is banned.

Other than these two, can our sims be spellcasters and use spellcaster potions and spells? I thought we're not allowed to change life state, but is turning to a Spellcaster considered as a new life state or not?

Also, Copypasto is banned, but what about the Cloning Machine?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2021, 12:17:06 PM »

Other than these two, can our sims be spellcasters and use spellcaster potions and spells? I thought we're not allowed to change life state, but is turning to a Spellcaster considered as a new life state or not?

Spellcasters are a different life state, so you cannot change your Aliens into Spellcasters.

The cloning machine is fine (unless someone else from the team speaks up soon and disagrees).

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2021, 02:06:06 PM »

Spellcasters are a different life state, so you cannot change your Aliens into Spellcasters.

The cloning machine is fine (unless someone else from the team speaks up soon and disagrees).

Or any other sims you choose to move in right? All sims must remain in their original lifestate (so original Spellcasters are allowed) and Vampires are banned as they are a life extension?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
Or any other sims you choose to move in right? All sims must remain in their original lifestate (so original Spellcasters are allowed) and Vampires are banned as they are a life extension?

Correct.

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2021, 12:02:15 PM »

Way too many restrictions; goals are not hard, even simple, however 3 sims weeks with those rules is not funny, rather pain, literaly headache for me personaly, so i pass this challenge. Of course its not mandatory to participate, i wish good luck to simmers then and just looking for future challenges.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2021, 12:25:19 AM »
Can the same Sim max both branches of one career? Like in the rules where it says, "Sim A could max the Chef branch of the Culinary Career, and Sim B could max the Mixology branch, but not the Chef branch since Sim A already had" - can Sim A max both Mixology and Chef, as long as they only count each reward object once?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2021, 06:12:11 AM »
Can the same Sim max both branches of one career? Like in the rules where it says, "Sim A could max the Chef branch of the Culinary Career, and Sim B could max the Mixology branch, but not the Chef branch since Sim A already had" - can Sim A max both Mixology and Chef, as long as they only count each reward object once?

Sure, that's fine.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2021, 09:16:36 AM »

Sure, that's fine.

I thought that's not even possible... once you choose a branch, it doesn't ever let you choose again. Has it changed? (or maybe it has always been like that? :D)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2021, 09:33:09 AM »

Sure, that's fine.

I thought that's not even possible... once you choose a branch, it doesn't ever let you choose again. Has it changed? (or maybe it has always been like that? :D)

To be honest, I have never tried it myself, but if you could do that, it would be fine. No reason really to not allow it. But, yeah, if the game does not allow the same Sim to cap both branches, then it's a non-issue.

On a different note I want to remind players of this General Rule...

Expansions and Game Packs
Any new Expansion or Game Pack content (less than 30 days before a Tournament challenge goes live) must be disabled before starting your scoring file. If there have been at least 30 days after an Expansion or Game Pack, then you are free to use it (unless a specific ruleset says otherwise).

So, that means Paranormal pack is banned for this event. It's not specifically stated in the rule set, but try and remember that.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2021, 10:46:08 AM »

To be honest, I have never tried it myself, but if you could do that, it would be fine. No reason really to not allow it. But, yeah, if the game does not allow the same Sim to cap both branches, then it's a non-issue.

I never have tried it either! The plan was to quit the job after maxing the first branch and then re-join the career at the bottom, choosing the second branch when it came up. I'll have to experiment before opening a scoring file to find out if it's actually possible  :)

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2021, 12:15:35 PM »
Hmmm... I tried it out on Lily Feng, who starts out at Business (Management) level 9 in a fresh game. After she quit her job and tried to apply again the next day, the only Business option in the career menu is Management hiring at level 8. There's no option to do the Investor branch or to start at the bottom of Business again. I guess I was thinking of Sims 3. Rats!

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2021, 04:18:59 PM »
So, please only use the cheat on a Sim who earned it via a career reward.

I had missed that nuance — thank you for clarifying  :)

So, just to clarify (again): it doesn't matter there if the Sim is an alien or not?

Also, when managing househoulds, can we place Sims in another household? I'm thinking of a situation where I might want to move in the adults, but not the children. Could I move them in with another family?
(Feels like pushing it, but I want to ask anyway.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2021, 04:28:17 PM »
So, just to clarify (again): it doesn't matter there if the Sim is an alien or not?

Your two starting Sims or the Sim receiving the cheat?

Also, when managing househoulds, can we place Sims in another household? I'm thinking of a situation where I might want to move in the adults, but not the children. Could I move them in with another family?

That is pushing it too much. Manage Households is only to move Sims from one house directly into your own household.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2021, 05:03:20 PM »

Your two starting Sims or the Sim receiving the cheat?

The Sim receiving the cheat.

That is pushing it too much. Manage Households is only to move Sims from one house directly into your own household.

That's what I thought, thanks.

I have also send you (the challenge team) a PM. There's no rush to answer it, but I have no copy in my sent messages and that makes me a bit paranoid about whether it was sent.