Author Topic: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim  (Read 28667 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim
« on: August 08, 2021, 06:57:55 PM »
Ah Ah Ah Ah... Staying Alive... Staying Alive.   

TAKE 5!

Welcome to the Immortal Stats page aka the spoiler page. And the warning page. dun dun dun.

Spoiler Warning: This post is going to contain spoilers of progress that may or may not include where the story is at present. It will always be up-to-date with where the story is but I may place things here before I've actually posted what's next. It helps me maintain organization while being a naturally chaotic individual.

Warning Warning: My humor can be dark and it can be a bit out there. Feel free to let me know if I take it too far. I don't believe I will go away from the forum rules at least but I've been an adult in my own head for many years since that time when I was a mod and reading all of this.

Please don't feel that you have to respond to this story but all comments are welcome. I can take them. I have big girl sassy panties and I wear them often. It's good to be back. Hopefully, this idea can finish before life sends me another twist that has me falling back into a deep dark hole once more.

And it's been a long time since I did one of these. I have not decided how the extra rules are gonna go with the extra items but I do know I'm not going to be playing on Long. I just cannot fathom how many angelfish that would require.  :o I just can't.  ;D

Disclaimer: While this is a continuation of a story I've done for a decade, reading the previous threads should not be required. Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer so that you feel as in the know like everyone else!

Immortal Stats

Founder: Artie Grim (yes again)
Traits: Evil, Neat, Insane/Erratic (still)
[√] A in University: Distinguished Degree in Villainy (Foxbury) [with honors even!]
[√] 1 Career: Criminal (Boss)
[√] 2 Aspirations: Public Enemy, Chief of Mischief
[√] 3 Skills: Mischief, Fitness, Robotics
[√] 4 Rewards: Always Welcome, Frugal, Free Services, Moodlet Solver
[√] 5 Gold Medal Parties: Birthday Party, House Party, Dinner Party, Date, Venue Party
[√] 6 Good Friends(1 Unique BFF): Megumi Ito, Shigeru Ueda, Daisuke Murakami, Nobuya Ito, Alisa Noriega, Nanami Tamura (BFF)
[√] 7 Emotional Whims: Send Playful Text (Playful); Chat with Someone (Happy); Tell Self-Deprecating Joke (Embarrassed); Enthuse About Interests (Energized); Shout Forbidden Words (Tense); Propose Crazy Scheme (Confident); Send Sad Text (Sad)
[√] 8 10 Museum Pieces: Utilibots x 10 -- 3 Cleaner Bots, 3 Party Bots, 2 Fixer Bots & 2 Gardener Bots -- §3500 each = Total: §35,000.

2nd Gen: Alena Grim
Traits: Perfectionist, Bookworm, Erratic
[√] Top Notch Toddler
[√] Child Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy, Rambunctious Scamp, Whiz Kid, Social Butterfly
[√] A in Grade School
[√] A in High School
[√] Complete Scouts/Drama Club
[√] A in University: Distinguished Degree in Language & Literature (UBrite) [With honors!]
[√] 1 Career: Writer (Author)
[√] 2 Aspirations: Bestselling Author, Renaissance Sim
[√] 3 Skills: Writing, Logic, Gardening
[√] 4 Rewards: Savant, Money Tree, Curse Cleansing Potion, Lifestyle-Go-Poof Potion
[√] 5 Gold Medal Parties: Birthday Party, Dinner Party, House Party, Keg Party, Venue Party
[ ] 6 Good Friends(1 Unique BFF):
[√] 7 Emotional Whims: Tell a Joke (Happy); Talk about Dreams with Someone (Inspired); Backflip into Pool (Confident); Send Sad Text (Sad); Play Video Games (Focused); Tell a Joke (Playful); Woohoo with Someone (flirty)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - A Story about A Grim and So Much More
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 06:59:34 PM »
Introduction Post

Hello beautiful and wonderful people. If you don't know me, my name is Rica or Ricalynn or Erica or Hobbit or quite a few others that are against forum rules ( :) ). I go on the forum mostly by Rica or Ricalynn and I have been a member of Carl's forum since March 2011.  I hit my 10-year anniversary this last spring and I may do something about that soon enough but I haven't played Sims since the last story update. At least not really. 

It’s been four years since I last updated my blog and a story thread with anything Grim-related. That seems sad. I also realize that during those four years I got a job that makes me utterly exhausted mentally and physically so… really sad.

Last week or the one before that I came home from work and saw my niece and nephew playing the Sims 4 on my sister’s computer. A short time after that,  the bug hit me. Yeah, and it hit me bad. Within 48 hours I had found a way to make my color skins work, downloaded the previously bought and unplayed expansions and stuff packs, and flipped a coin to find out if I was going to start a dynasty or a legacy.

Naturally, the Painted Lady said dynasty. More on the Painted Lady another time perhaps. She said other things too but that's not topic relevant.. or is it?

While I have decided to touch on the immortal dynasty… again. I still haven’t decided how detailed of a Grim story that this will be. There are many many many changes since the last time Artie tried to do this. And yes, of course, it’s Artie. Painted Lady said so. That being said, I found myself instantly taking screenshots and making up dialogue in my head like it’s the only way I know how to play. What set up the fact that I knew I’d be making a post or two was the screenshot I worked towards for two days and finally got before bed last week. It’s absolutely the most breathtaking thing ever. Everyone who has ever loved Artie needs to see it. Then my brain got ahead of itself and I ended up spending all day making a scene and that meant something was changing. Something was starting.

Something is coming. (Like winter... I have seasons.)

For now, it’s time to immerse myself in the new story.  I just thought I’d post a forewarning or a teaser perhaps.  You guys know me. I'm trying to make that all the teaser I provide. For now. Really.

Until next time.

♫ I have the honor to be your obedient servant, ♫

A. Grim

Other Grim Story Links

The Immortal Dynasties
• Sims 3
Artie's Dynasty - Take 1: Failure
Artie's New Insanity: Grim Circumstances - Take 2: Failure
Artie's Lunar Lunacy - Take 3: Completed ID; Success?

• Sims 4
Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty - Take 4: Unfinished/Failure
This one! - Take 5: We shall see won't we?

Other Grim Stories

Sims 3 Life States Dynasty
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (A Dynasty Race) - Unfinished. Sadly. Doll vs Watcher/Grim; Sequel to Lunar Lunacy

Extras - No Rules
The Grim Chronicles - Sequel to find out what happened to the girls and boys from Sims 3. Unfinished sadly. I may take up the mantel in Sims 4. I may not. Who knows at this point.

Other Rica Stories can be found in signature! Licious's are a particular Sims 3 favorite of mine.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 07:01:26 PM »
Prologue
One - Part 1
One - Part 2
One - Part 3
One - Part 4
Two - The Meeting

Bloopers
First

Chapters
1: Let's Try This Again
2: Not one Roommate but Two!
3: Student Life, Happy Life
4: Life or Something like it
5: Pranking for Posterity
6: Young Love
7: Love Day Shenanigans
8: Friends and Fires and Sparkles, Oh my!
9: We Did It!
10: Moving Forward
11: Check & Check!
12: Heat & Hot Springs
13: Snow Grims
14: Celebration Time!
15: The First Goodbye
16: First Birth of a Brand New Era
17: Aww Nooboo
18: Ding, Baking's Done
19: Toddlers - Round 1
20: Toddlers - Round 1.5
21: Venue Party FTG
22: Unexpected fun and a visit?
23: The Old Red Man - Artie's Immortal Stats Posted
24: Sweet Summer Children
25: Alena's First Step towards Immortality
26: Only the Grims
27: Artie's Bold Move
28: Guess Who's Calling
29: Keeping Adults Busy
30: Children Grow So Fast
31: Ichiro's Question
32: Last Elder, A Star & Teenagers
33: Just Keeping it in the Family
34: House Tour...Finally
35: Day One of a Long Week
36: Birthday Death Day
37: This isn't Hittooine
38: Day Two of a Long Week
39: Number Two on Tuesday
40: Wednesday aka Day 5
41: Yep Still Day 5
42: Helping Kaori Cope
43: Most Anticipated Birthdays of Gen 2
44: He Did What?
45: Night on the Town 2.0
46: Last Day of a Long Week, Pt 1
47: Last Day of a Long Week, Pt 2
48: They're Taking Over the House
49: Unfilled House space no More
50: Harvest Fest or Gnome Day?
51: NOT Allergic to Pollinating
52: About Time
53: Baby Bumps!
54: It's a... Toddler!
55: Yuusuke's Brood
56: Babies Everywhere!
57: Hello & Goodbye
58: Ding Baby's Done
59: Graduation & Snow Shenanigans
60: Gen Three Littles
61: Getting the Gold & the Grades
62: Graduation Gowns & Growing Up
63: Social Butterflies x 3
64: Adulthood & Adieu
65: A Real Goodbye
66: Winterfest
67: Mountains, Fireflies, and Bears - Oh my!
68: Suspicious Activity
69: Grims' First New Years
70: Spring Beckons
71: Regaining Control

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 07:02:49 PM »
Waves pom-poms! Welcome back, Rica!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 07:25:35 PM »
Yay, welcome back!  You and Artie and your funky, smile-wringing storytelling have been profoundly missed!
Hurray to your return with a new story (and its meticulous stats page, lol)!  🥂🎈🎂 (a 10th anniversary cake)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 07:30:31 PM »
Waves pom-poms! Welcome back, Rica!

Thank you Marian. It's good to be back.

Yay, welcome back!  You and Artie and your funky, smile-wringing storytelling have been profoundly missed!
Hurray to your return with a new story (and it's meticulous stats page, lol)!  🥂🎈🎂 (a 10th anniversary cake)

Mmm. Cake. And yes it's a bit meticulous but hey.. we all love a meticulous stats page. I promise story meat is coming soon. I just need to stop laughing at myself and keep typing. I forgot how funny I am.  (Kidding!)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 08:17:13 PM »
This makes me so happy. A YYYUUUGGGEEE WELCOME BACK.

I can't wait to see what that scallywag gets up to this time. Oh, and don't ever forget how funny you are because you are funny as heck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Staying Alive: Take 5 - Prologue 1 - Part 1
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 08:40:05 PM »
This makes me so happy. A YYYUUUGGGEEE WELCOME BACK.

I can't wait to see what that scallywag gets up to this time. Oh, and don't ever forget how funny you are because you are funny as heck.
Thanks reggikko!  There are days where I don't feel funny but I am reminded that I can be in the right settings. Like this place.

[ Please excuse some of the images. I hadn't realized I hadn't turned my settings up to proper levels in a while and it shows. Trying to decide how the old computer handles Sims 4 these days. ]

Ever had a nightmare that you just couldn't shake? It's all a bit of a blur but it's so ridiculous even for me that I'm not sure how any of it could really happen. I've had it twice now. At least it feels like it was only twice. But it was so... so... real.

I know. I'm so handsome. I can't help myself. When I'm young, nothing and no one is better than I am. In this world or the last. I'm well aware and I don't let it go to my head much. There are other things that are important.

Like getting rid of the furball. This is the descendant of my old friend Bigglesworth. He's cute as a kitten, sure. But that mouth...it only gets worse as the dream progresses.

Bigglesworth the Fifth: Get me a litter box. Stat.
Artie: If I pretend I can't hear you, then I can't hear you. Grim Logic.
Bigglesworth the Fifth: I bet you can't ignore my claws in your ankles.

Bigglesworth the Fifth: I let your great-grandchild paint my hind flank while waiting for you to get ready. The least you can do is handle my needs. Right Meow.

Artie: Ahh. It's just so full of potential. Yo. Is there anyone out there listening? Who is going to be building my mansion today anyway?
Bigglesworth: About that. We don't know who they got to handle things while we work on that little problem we never solved before. Just do as I say for now and everything will be great.

Artie: If you weren't someone I couldn't avoid bringing back with me. You wouldn't even be here. Now I've already wasted 20 minutes listening to you screech. I have work to do to get us the house we need before dark.
Bigglesworth: Please. You're not that good. Just get me a litter box and a scratching post when you set up your bed. And remember it's spring. we need walls from the cold. Why you couldn't wait for Summer is beyond me.

Artie: There. There. Now for the first and not the last time.  Shut. It.
Bigglesworth: -unable to help the purr- I'll gladly tell you I told you so later.
Artie: Fine you want a litter box. I'll make it happen. That's it for now. Just a litter box and a mailbox.

Artie: Hey you sparkle even if you do need a fashion consultant.
Judith Ward: And you have a field. Do you have a cat to go with the litter box or are you a cad?

Artie: And then I'm going to get back my job as the big boss so I can rule the underworld.
Judith: Uh-huh.  -telling her neighbors about the new crazy guy in the neighborhood-
Artie: Don't worry. You'll see. I can do this in my sleep.

Artie: And you're Thorne Bailey. I've heard of you. I see you sparkle, too. And I'm assuming the badonkadonk with my fruitcake is your wife Olivia.
Thorne: It's Octavia actually but yes. And you're the rabble Judith says just destroyed the house on the hill and moved in. Congratulations.
Judith: He's insane, too.
Artie: Well I don't like to brag. But yes, Yes I am.

Artie: You know I was talking to the Bailey-Moons and I heard they're going behind your back. I bet I could work a little underground magic to get you to the top of your career. Maybe even earn you a trophy or two. All you have to do is come live up here with me and we'll make sure every whim and dream come true.
Judith: -stunned, plotting-

Judith: You're right. We would make a good team and I've always wanted to live on the top of the hill.
Artie: See Bigglesworth. Told you I'm that good. Now tell whoever's in charge to get to it. Chop Chop.
Bigglesworth: This is going to blow up in our faces. I can feel it.

Ricanote: After two RL days and only about 8 hours of gameplay, this is the front yard.

The back patio. And yes I did learn about platforms over the two days. So many things to learn to do and not do.

The Kitchen and Dining room that took up the entire first day. But I'm very proud of it. Very proud. And sad. but you'll see why later

Judith's room. I let her keep most of the furniture in her bathroom bedroom from her original house. After selling the house and most of the furnishings, I think I was sitting at half a million simoleons. Not bad really.

Right side of the living room. And yes that is The Child.

Left side of the living room area. And yes I did have too much fun with the platforms

And the piece de resistance... Artie's room. He's in trouble and has to earn the room that I know he really wants.

Bigglesworth: Has he seen his room yet?
Possibly Familiar Voice: Nope. But maybe I'll urge him to head that way now.
Bigglesworth: Excellent.

Artie: Holy Carl. What is this monstrosity!
Bigglesworth: -cat cackles- Your room. This is where you'll be sleeping until you've earned the right to get what you want. You really should have been nicer.

Artie: By Pam, I'll make you pay for this cat. I will call down upon the powers of Hebe upon your head!

Judith: Is this right? I guess I'll make a video as they asked. And you're sure I'm supposed to do just whatever they want.
Artie: Absolutely. And the new wardrobe needs to be shown off too. People need to know that you're a warmer person even if you have a reputation that puts mine to shame. For now.

Bigglesworth: And where have you been all night?
Artie: Getting a job and making friends.
Bigglesworth: Friends?
Artie: Okay so I may have two enemies and three people who dislike me now. So what. It's all in good fun.
Bigglesworth: She's not the one you're going to marry though.
Artie: Absolutely not. Way too pale. We both know I like my women... vibrant.
Bigglesworth: You're a pig.
Artie: And wouldn't have it any other way, my friend.

We end post one with the creeper that is the butler. He likes to stand in Judith's room and just watch her like he's a cat or something.

And that's only the first part of the nightmare... It gets so much more vivid after that.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 09:17:02 PM »
Well, what a way to come back home from the beach. Welcome home, Artie and Rica. You have been missed. I can't wait to see what ole red gets into now.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 09:29:36 PM »
Well, what a way to come back home from the beach. Welcome home, Artie and Rica. You have been missed. I can't wait to see what ole red gets into now.

Surprise! Hi Shannon!  And thank you thank you. I missed you guys too. I bet Artie even missed Chrome Dome (being an ex-husband and all)  ;) Didn't get to say congratulations but we mean it, as you know.

There were some parts of the nightmare that were vivid and fun.

Like beating up this guy. I can't even remember his name. We shall call him Ken.

And looking my new vibrant lady. Because heirs are required and I knew this was a dynasty or else I wouldn't have had the field view.

The first birthday of the house and came completely as a surprise. [ Because devs forbid we be able to actually control pets this time ]

Bigglesworth: You can quit staring. I know how good I look. The markings are the best part even if the young one demanded the pink star on my haunch. Now to try the things I've been missing.

Bigglesworth: Yes. The view is so much better up here on the counters.
Voice: But he's trying to make breakfast.
Bigglesworth: They've been eating cat hair for days. A little more doesn't hurt.

It is funny that as soon as he's big enough, he chooses to sleep in here with him.

Bigglesworth: I'm not sure you're doing it right. Can you even see in that mirror?
Judith: And that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...
Bigglesworth: C'mon woman. Pet me. I know you have the cat toy in your pocket.

Bigglesworth: -sniffs- So this is what the butler made for dinner hm?
Artie: Yes. He's quite good. Keeps Judith happy since she can't make anything worth spit and hates eating food that tastes bland. Sooo picky.
Bigglesworth: Is that.. cheese?

Bigglesworth: Om nom nom
Artie: No. No. None of that. You get your foul mouth out of what was going to be breakfast and now isn't.
Bigglesworth: If you're not going to eat more then I can have more. It's so good. -snuffles-

Artie: Ahh nothing like playing in the rain. Because forget this place being Del Sol Valley. Spring showers every day!

Though there was one good thing that came from being cooped inside. At the museum, I saw her over the fatheads. She's gorgeous and colorful and dem hips. Yum-my.

Some kid: Hey lady what's your favorite color?
Artie: Seriously? Did you not see we were trying to talk?
Kaya: Um. Red. Like him. Get the hint?
Kid: Oh... Yea. Sure. Okay.
Artie: You're amazing.

Artie: And this is the house. Like I said. It's great. Completely fenced in away from paparazzi. Has a jacuzzi in the back. I'd like you to live here with me and Judith and Bigglesworth.
Kaya: Are you compensating? Should I be worried?
Artie: Oh no. Trust me. Just need space for things because my roommate is a snobby you know what.
Kaya: Ahh. Yea. Needs a certain number of paintings and all that.
Artie: And a litter box.
Kaya: What?
Artie: Nothing, I have to work but here lemme grab Judith to chat you up.

Judith: So you're the latest victim. He told me to make sure you move in now that you've seen the place.
Kaya: Sure if that's what you want to call me, but he promised to help me get into Uni.
Judith: He's made promises to me too. And so far he's done well. I don't even have to cook.
Kaya: Oh but that's great. So we should make the most of this right?
Judith: Just make sure he stays upfront with you and if you have questions, ask the cat. He seems to know more.
Kaya: Haha yeah. Okay.

Judith: Well welcome to the house. Bigglesworth and I call it Hotel California because you can't ever really leave.
Kaya: Sure. And you invited me here and didn't share this before why?
Judith: Well someone has to give him babies and it won't be me.

Kaya: Oh so Bigglesworth is a cat.. not the butler. Huh.
Bigglesworth: And you're the new one. Do you know what you're getting into?
Kaya: I think so. Anything else you think I should know?
Bigglesworth: Just keep him on a tight leash. Does wonders for keeping him interested. And you can pet me now.

Butler: So why do you cut wood if you're worried about your manicure all the time.
Judith: Because using a saw and a hammer can be a good stress relief for all the nosy paparazzi and fans I see every time we leave the house.
Butler: Oh. So you think this new one is going to be good?
Judith: She'll keep him distracted.

Bigglesworth: Oh yea.. that's the spot.
Kaya: Just like this huh?
Bigglesworth: Oh yea. You might be a sucker but you got some magic fingers
Artie: She does huh?

Kaya: So I was thinking —
Artie: -goes in for the kiss-

Artie: Smile! First selfie as a couple!
Kaya: Okay... This is a bit weird.
Artie: Just go with it. You're my new girlfriend.
Kaya: Any way we can get rid of the flowers on the door?
Artie: They won't change a thing until I've earned it.
Kaya: Who?
Artie: Bigglesworth and his bud that doesn't speak.
Kaya: I'm confused.
Artie: Get used to it.

Artie: Well well well Hello old friend.
Mortimer: Hello. Do I know you?
Artie: Oh is that how we're playing it. Yes, we knew each other when you were younger. A long time ago back in Sunset Valley.
Mortimer: I haven't thought of that place since.. well it's been a while. Though I think I'd remember someone of your shade in my past.
Artie: Don't worry it'll come back to you.

Mortimer: Have you met my wife Bella?
Artie: Yes, Morty. I know your wife.
Bella: Well Hello. Nice to meet you. What is that purple woman doing over there?
Artie: Finding out if the guru thinks we should stay together.
Mortimer: That's great, old chap!

Artie: Wow. You punch hard.
Ginger: I just won six times in a row. We're now enemies. Please leave.
Artie: Sure as soon as the world stops spinning. Wow.. those sneakers are so cute. Gelly would love those.

Meanwhile.. over at the flea market...

Ricanote: Finding out who this was was such a shock. I had no clue.. but then.. an idea formed..mwahaha.  Next time my darlings.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 10:36:33 PM »
Oh no, an idea? Artie wouldn't go there, would he??

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 11:03:45 PM »
HAHAHAHA.
I can't believe Artie convinced that snooty Judith Ward to move in with him!  She never gives my poor sims the time of day.
Nice crib!  Artie always did love him a nice backyard patio entertainment area!
I'm dying to know what Artie must to do to "earn the bedroom he really wants."
What hurdles must he jump and what's the prize? Not asking for early answers, just wondering out loud. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 12:25:59 PM »
Oh no, an idea? Artie wouldn't go there, would he??
He did not. But I did. Mwahahah

HAHAHAHA.
I can't believe Artie convinced that snooty Judith Ward to move in with him!  She never gives my poor sims the time of day.
Nice crib!  Artie always did love him a nice backyard patio entertainment area!
I'm dying to know what Artie must to do to "earn the bedroom he really wants."
What hurdles must he jump and what's the prize? Not asking for early answers, just wondering out loud. :)
I'm still not sure how we got Judith. I'm thinking it's solely because she was part of the welcome wagon. And about that bedroom...... >.>

Ricanote: I love it when you guys overlook something. But don't worry all will be revealed... very soon.

Somewhere near the end of spring, a pool appeared. It came with a bar and everything. We also magically got one of those blue phone booths again but it did nothing. Sad Grim.

Bigglesworth: Isn't the purpose of a pool to swim in it?
Judith: That might mess up my hair. Instead, I'm just going to float around.. maybe take a nap.
Bigglesworth: Well... okay then. Enjoy your nap. I'm going to go sleep in your bed. It's much better.

Judith: Who unlocked the gate?
Paparazzi: I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a good friend of Artie's.
Judith: Is that why he was calling your mother a llama yesterday?
Pap: Yea yea. It's an old inside joke. I'm just here to check on things.
Judith: BIGGLESWORTH! Get the Butler!
Pap: You mean Bigglesworth isn't the butler? How is that possible? I've been camping at your house for days and you guys don't have anyone else who lives here.

Butler: You're looking very smug today, sir.
Artie: I look good and I'm on track to be the Boss we all know I am.
Butler: Very good, sir.
Artie: I know. I'm killing this thing all over again.

This is how an actress begins to act out her death right before falling on her face....with her bum in the air no less. How dignified.

Kaya: I told you it was hot.
Judith: It burns. Someone get me some milk!
Kaya: I think I'm going to go get a beer instead.
Judith: What about my tongue?
Kaya: Get something yourself? Hey, there's my friend Agnes. Bye.

Kaya: -follows Agnes into the Karaoke booth- So hey did you hear about that Sunset Valley joke going around?
Agnes: -perpetually angry- You can't be serious.
Kaya: No really. It's a good one. How many Bunches does it take to change a light bulb?
Agnes: Do go on.
Kaya: All of them. It's always a group effort to push Arlo back into the basement.
Agnes: -snort-

Apparently, she decided sleep was better than listening to any more of Kaya's jokes even though they had just become good friends.

Agnes: Who thought these would be good clothes to wear in the cold. I look like a floozy.
Kaya: It does kind of wash you out. Maybe you should go home. I need to get going to the other festival over in Mt. Komorebi.
Agnes: That sounds like an excellent idea.

Kaya: Oh c'mon.  Gimme that Simi capsule.

Kaya: -full body bumps it- Give it to me!
This is honestly where I worried I would find out that being crushed was a new death for this area.

Kaya: Hrm.  What should I wish for?
Kaya: Oh I know. -scribbles-
Kaya: Too bad Artie is still working or we could do this together. Hrm. What else is there to do around here?

Kaya: Oh yea.. this is great. Look at me go!  I got this. Why is everyone so worried it's dangerous or something?

Kaya: Ahh get it off. Get it off.  Why is no one helping me? Stop laughing!
Artie: Just wave your arm around and it will be fine. Komono isn't even singed.
Kaya: -tries it- Oh hey you made it before the end.
Artie: Yea.  Hey, wanna go on that date I keep promising?
Kaya: Absolutely.

Artie: -holds her hands gently- So do you understand now what I am offering?
Kaya: And you say your wife's name is Agnes.
Artie: The first and most important. Yes. Like me, she too has loved many. It's part of the dynasty life. But my Aggie is waiting for me to get home.
Kaya: Are you sure?
Artie: Abso-tively Posi-lutely.
Kaya: Huh.

Kaya: Despite everything you really are my best friend.
Artie: Shhh. I don't want to ruin my reputation. In fact. Why don't you go to bed, hm? I"m going to go use the rest of the night to handle some aspiring business.
Kaya: Don't get thrown in jail.
Artie: Oh as far as I can tell they don't do that here. I should be good.

This is Little Bailey Moon kid all grown up. Check how buff he suddenly is. I think he's only a teen too!

Nearby in the Bailey-Moon Bathroom.
Artie: -cackling-

Voice: You realize that they're all on the other side of the wall, right?
Artie: Then keep your voice down while I work. I hope this sprays Darling right in the face.
Voice: Why her?
Artie: She asks for it with her face.

Artie: Hello Darling. Happy Prank Day. Did you want to come to a party I'm totally not having later?
Darling: Seriously? Stop saying my name like that creep.
Artie: Is that a no?
Darling: I don't know.

Artie: Prank Day is the best!
Miko(?): You think so and what have you been doing for prank day.
Artie: I can't tell you that exactly. But I have done many things. Now it's bedtime since the sun is up. I think I'll just ask Darling to come by and meet my cat.

Bigglesworth: He invited you over for what?
Darling: A party.
Bigglesworth: What party?
Artie: -quiet cackles and suddenly dumps water on the voodoo doll bound to Darling-
Darling: -shivers-
Artie: Aww that wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.
Voice: Would you rather it got all over the floor?
Artie: True. where did I put that pin?

And then... that's when the nightmare goes from funny... to.. just you wait. You'll see.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 04:13:27 PM »
I'm glad Kaya survived her actually-could-have-been fatal encounter with the vending machine.

The readers overlooking something, you say?  You mean the purple elephant who might or might not unofficially make it into Artie's boudoir?
So....Aggie, huh?

Backyard's looking fab as does Artie in his crim outfit!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2021, 04:54:38 PM »

Artie: -takes her hands in his- Kaya. I just want you to know that I've been enjoying our time together immensely. And there's something that we need to talk about.
Kaya: Okay. Is everything alright?
Artie: Things are better than alright.

Artie: Kaya will you do me the honor of being my newest wife?
Bigglesworth: Ugh. Let me get out of here before I'm hit with a heart.
Kaya: You really mean it?
Artie: I wouldn't have gotten down on one knee if I didn't.

Kaya: Yes! -jumps-
Artie: Hey you sound excited.
Kaya: Why wouldn't I be?

Kaya: You know what else would be fun right now?
Artie: I think I know exactly what you're thinking actually.
Kaya: Are you sure?

Artie: Trust me, woman. I know a thing or two.
Bigglesworth: Wake me when y'all are done being gross. I demand scratches.

Bigglesworth: I don't get it. They should hate him. Not... this.
Voice: It is Artie. He's like a tomcat sometimes.
Bigglesworth: And has the 21 kids to prove it. Excluding the Brooks quads. Should they count though?

Bigglesworth: I hope you washed your hands.
Kaya: Silly kitty. I'm applying to Britechester to see if I can get a distinguished degree.
Bigglesworth: Please tell me you're trying on your own merit and not having Artie write a recommendation.
Kaya: That's not a bad idea if this doesn't work.
Bigglesworth: Me and my big mouth.

Agnes: So.. you're writing a book.
Kaya: Yes. It's called I lost my shoe, but Dean found it.
Agnes: Interesting. What's it about?
Kaya: A boy who has a very unlucky day and his brother who tries to keep him together.
Agnes: Hm. So I hear you're engaged.
Kaya: I am actually. In fact, the wedding is set for dawn tomorrow. Wanna come?
Agnes: I hate that sort of thing.
Kaya: You don't have to watch.. but you can come to meet my fiancee and have a drink with us.
Agnes: Well who could say no to that.

Agnes: What is it you just said to me?
Former Butler who was fired for too many bubble baths: I said that I thought you looked really nice.
Agnes: You can take your flirtations elsewhere sir.
Kaya: Just go Ten, before she hits you.

Bigglesworth: Nervous? You'd think by now you'd be used to getting married.
Artie: No. That woman... I think... -gets sick again- Why is she so old -gets sick- And angry.
Bigglesworth: Only you would get sick not because of your impending nuptials but because you saw a guest with gray hair and a bad attitude.

Artie: You ready to get this done my little grape?
Kaya: Artie. Not in front of my friend.
Agnes: I'm just going to close my eyes and go inside like I promised.

Artie: With this ring, I thee wed until your death do us part.
Kaya: Until death do us part. And no further.
Artie: Exactly.

-Celebratory kissing-

Agnes: How dare you continue flaunting your indecencies in public so that the world can see them?
Artie: Lady.. this is my bedroom.. at my wedding. Really?

THWAP
Artie: Wha?

SLAM
Artie: Hey!

Artie: C'mon lady. What gives. You can stop anytime now! Kaya?
Kaya: Oh. Artie. Did I forget to tell you that my friend Agnes Crumplebottom simply hates romance? You should have just stopped taunting her.

BAM!
Artie: Whoa!
Artie: -dazed- Huh? Aggie? No...

Ricanote: Two days!  Two Days to get this!  It was worth it!

Artie: -starts crying- I just.. don't let me have to have that nightmare again, love.
Blonde: Oh red man. It's not that bad, is it?
Artie: Every. Night. Babe.

Blonde: There There, love. I'm sure we can think of something that will keep the bad dreams away. We don't let you dream of Colt anymore. We can figure out a way around this. I won't let anything happen to you.

Artie: You're the best, cutie. You know I won't let anything happen to you either, right?
Blonde: Of course you won't. But the whole reason I came down here is to let you know that the Boss called. She needs you to meet her. Reuben is on his way over to get you.
Artie: -shudders- Okay. I'll go get changed.
Blonde: No no. She said just as you are. Don't need the amulet. She wants to see your face.
Artie: O... kay. Sure. Thanks, babe.

anything