Author Topic: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 5.02 Getting to Know You 95/12/24)  (Read 18127 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble (Prologue: Not Your Mama's Newcrest)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 10:58:05 PM »
Prologue: Not Your Mama's Newcrest

Spring. Friday evening. Home of Sophia and Jayden Cordova.

Sophia Cordova: “Don’t forget to make a wish!”

One second later . . .

A dinging sound from a backpack lying on the ground.

Watcher's Note: I am using the gallery lot Homeless Camp by Mariecathrine. For more information about the lot, see the Lots Added post.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble (The Challenge)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 10:58:21 PM »
The Challenge
The Ten-Gen Jumble is a ten-generation challenge with the requirements for each generation coming from a different Sims 4 challenge, legacy or dynasty. It's not a published challenge; I'm putting it together from various challenges that appeal to me. I may make adjustments to adapt the original rules for any generation, and will share the specific rules for each generation as it starts. I will also provide links to the various original challenges.

The World
I'm playing in a save file created by Rosannatxt which can be downloaded from her site. All the towns up to and including Mt. Komorebi have been redone - lots are new or renovated. Key families, such as the Goths, Landgraabs, and Pancakes are still in the game with makeovers. Don Lothario no longer lives with the Calientes, although all are still in the game. Candy and Yuki have moved to the city, and many of the other residents have been replaced. The world is full of families with toddlers, children and teens, along with young couples, older couples and singles. There are several households with young adult single roommates to provide a variety of potential new-challenge spouses.

Settings
I am playing with the following game settings:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mods
I am playing with a variety of mods - mostly convenience-type mods. Any money cheats I use will be to reduce funds where a rags-to-riches type start is required for a generation. I'll try to remember to update the mods list as I go, as there are a few I plan to play with for temporary periods as they apply to a generation. I am starting with the following mods and settings:

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble (Generations 1- 5)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 10:58:40 PM »
Generation Challenge Requirements

Generation 1
The challenge for the first generation comes from Generation One of the Whimsy Stories Legacy Challenge by Kateraed: Without a Home but Not Without Love

Background
You are homeless.
Life is lonely at first, but you find love while homeless. You are a care-free, nature loving, and naive dreamer. Some may call you a hippy, but you just call yourself happy.
From the ground up you create.
Create candles, fabricate your own furniture, and search dumpsters to make it by. Eventually, you have a home of your own, built by your own two hands. A tiny home.
Not only is this a tiny home, but it is a suburban tiny home! Your dream is finally realized!
You will stay in this comfy small shoe-box size home for the rest of your life. Growing in your garden, raising your children, and selling the things you make for an income at the local markets.

Founder: Leo Sandoval
Goals: Completed
[✔️] Start out homeless; find love while still homeless.
[✔️] Move to a lot and build a suburban-styled Tier 1 Tiny Home.
[✔️] When Sim is an Adult, upgrade to Tier 2 or 3.
[✔️] Never move from Tiny Home or expand beyond Tier 3 size. (Moving is disabled for this household in Neighborhood Stories; Will be designated as “Ancestral” in MCCC when Rose moves out to ensure Leo and Lily don’t ever move out.)
[✔️] Foster a healthy Garden. (Defining "healthy" as 12 or more different excellent plants.- 12/12)
[✔️] Have indoor plant decorations as well.
[✔️] Have at least 3 tattoos.
[✔️] Name all children after nature. (Only 1 child is planned, but if another surprises us, he/she will also have a nature name.)
[✔️] Master Fabrication.
[✔️] Master Handiness.
[✔️] Master Wellness.
[✔️] Have Loves Outdoors and Freegan Traits.
[✔️] Complete Maker Aspiration.
[✔️] Be employed in the Freelance SIMply Crafted Career. (Adding that completion of 20 freelance gigs is required.- 20/20)
[✔️] Prefer casual dress.

Generation 2
The second generation is one generation of The Sims 4 Random Legacy Challenge found on Mod the Sims.

General Rules
There are a lot of rules to this challenge, but I'll just list the key ones here.
Gen 2 Heir: Rose Sandoval

(Note: Infant, Child, and Teen goals added by Watcher)
[✔️] Top-Notch Infant
[✔️] Random Toddler Trait: Angelic
[✔️] Top-Notch Toddler
[✔️] Random Child Trait: Creative
[✔️] Random Child Aspiration: Slumber Party Animal
[✔️] Random Teen Trait: Loyal
[✔️] Random Teen Aspiration: Goal-Oriented
[✔️] Marital Status: Second Chance - Your heir must obtain 2 live-in partners; at least 1 child must be born or adopted with the first partner.
[✔️] Number of Children: 3
[✔️] Heir Career: Carpenter - Use the woodworking bench to make and sell furniture, as well as complete woodworking projects.
[✔️] Spouse Career: Entertainer - Musician (Does not have to max the career.)
[✔️]  Generation Goals: Mid-Life Crisis - at adulthood, roll 3 times to determine 3 aspects to the midlife crisis.
        [✔️] Have a Romantic Crisis - Your Sims's love life is thrown into a turmoil. Must begin within 48 hours; doesn't have to resolve.
        [✔️] Make a major purchase - Buy something expensive and new. (This was supposed to be within 24 hours but I extended because of Rose's vacation.)
        [✔️]Have a child - Have or adopt a child within 1 week; add 1 to the number of children for this generation.
[✔️]  Miscellaneous Fun: Mischief Managed – Your heir must play a successful prank once every week from the time they age into a teen.

Generation 3
The source challenge for Gen 3 is the Black Widow Challenge by @Playalot as shared on this forum.
I've made a few adjustments, including regarding money-making - The source challenge only allows making money from woodworking and pumpkin carving; I've swapped food stand sales and flower arrangement Plopsy sales instead of those.

I am taking advantage of the challenge's option to turn off aging - all aging is off for the duration of this generation's challenge - once the requirements have been met, aging will return to normal as Jasmine continues on to bring in the next heir.

Additionally, this challenge was intended to start with a newly-created Sim: While Jasmine moved with only §20,000, she did start with skills and inventory items. That will make the challenge easier for her. To offset that, I have added the requirement that she complete the Soulmates Aspiration, and that each spouse complete Soulmates plus another unique aspiration (meaning an aspiration not completed by any other spouse) and master a unique skill.

Gen 3 Heir: Jasmine Sandoval

Jasmine:
[✔️] Have Jealous trait
[✔️] At least 3 spouses must have the jealous trait (3/3)
[✔️] Complete Soulmate Aspiration with first spouse
[✔️] Have 5 ex-spouse ghosts living in your house to unlock the Black Widow in-game achievement (5/5)
[✔️] Complete Mansion Baron Aspiration
[✔️] Have skill and ingredients to cook ambrosia 5 times (5/5)

With each spouse:
[✔️] Get Married and be Soulmate and BFF with spouse: [✔️] 1;  [✔️] 2;  [✔️] 3;  [✔️] 4; [✔️] 5
[✔️] Expand/add to the house or move with each spouse:  [✔️] 1;  [✔️] 2;  [✔️] 3;  [✔️]  4; [✔️] 5
[✔️] One gold date after spouse has moved in and date must be in the house:  [✔️] 1;  [✔️] 2;  [✔️] 3;  [✔️] 4; [✔️] 5
[✔️] Must have: Potion of Youth (purchased by spouse), angelfish, death flower:  [✔️] 1; [✔️] 2;  [✔️] 3; [✔️] 4; [✔️] 5
[✔️] Spouse complete Soulmate Aspiration: [✔️] 1;  [✔️] 2;  [✔️] 3;  [✔️] 4; [✔️] 5
[✔️] Witness death of spouse: [✔️] 1;  [✔️] 2;  [✔️] 3;  [✔️] 4; [✔️] 5

Spouse-Specific
[✔️] With Gideon: Go on vacation to Granite Falls (at least 2 days); Complete Harvested Interest Achievement
[✔️] Gideon: Complete Inner Peace Aspiration and master Wellness skill

[✔️] With Tory: Go on vacation (honeymoon) together for 2 days; Woohoo with ghost ex-spouse with current spouse in the house and unlock What Would It Be Like Achievement
[✔️] Tory: Complete Soulmate Aspiration, Lord of the Knits Aspiration and master the Knitting skill

[✔️] With Harley: Go on vacation (honeymoon) together for 2 days; Take a shopping trip together to Magnolia Promenade and spend money purchasing something to display in the house as a reminder of the shopping day
[✔️] Harley: Complete Soulmate Aspiration, Expert Nectar Maker Aspiration and master the Nectar Making skill

[✔️] With Jason: Play two games of horseshoes together; One overnight camping trip in one of the home worlds. Grill a fish over the campfire for dinner.
[✔️] Jason: Complete Soulmate Aspiration, Country Caretaker Aspiration and master the Guitar skill

[✔️] With Devon: A trip to the library - must play a full game of chess together, each read a book, and each research something on the computer; A visit to the spa - each Sim must complete two of Massage, Yoga Lesson, Foot Massage, Hand Massage, or Mud Bath
[✔️] Devon: Complete Soulmate Aspiration, Angling Ace Aspiration and master Fishing Skill

Generation 4
The source challenge for Generation 4 comes from Generation 27: Horse Ranch of Rosannatxt's Pack Challenge.

Gen 4 Heir: Oliver Sandoval
(Note: Infant, Child, and Teen goals added by Watcher)
[✔️] Traits: Horse Lover, Loyal, Rancher
[✔️] Toddler: Top-Notch Toddler
[✔️] Child: Complete Slumber Party Animal Aspiration
[✔️] Child/Teen: Be a Llamacorn Scout
[✔️] Child/Teen: Be friends with a mini animal
Source Challenge Goals
[✔️] Live on a ranch in Chestnut Ridge
[✔️] Own at least 2 horses (3/2)
[✔️] Have at least 1 mini sheep or mini goat
[✔️] Make Nectar at least once and only with home-grown ingredients
[✔️] Explore Dreadhorse Caverns
[✔️] Each horse you own must fully develop their skills, even if you sell them or move them out later
[✔️] Breed horses at least one time and raise a horse from foal to elder (Khaleesi is 1 days to elder)
[✔️] Win every horse competition available (17/17)
[✔️] Complete the Championship Rider Aspiration
[✔️] Host a Ranch Animal Day Event (achieved a Gold)
[✔️] Host a Ranch Gathering Event (achieved a Gold)

Generation 5
The rules for this Generation 5 are primarily Watcher-created after researching other Bachelor and Bachelorette challenges, both text rules and YouTube play-throughs.

General Rules
❤️ Bachelors may come from the Gallery or be made in CAS.
❤️ Bachelors can come with aspirations filled (so extra traits), skills, etc. but those should be fairly equal among all bachelors, and should not be excessive. (I allowed no skills mastered, but 1 at level 8, 1 at level 7, up to 6 at levels 3/4; Only 1 bachelor was pre-played - I cheated away traits and skills to get him more level with the others and added skills to others.)
❤️ Watcher must say yes to all popups for bachelors during the challenge; popups for Ivy and Anna can be accepted or rejected - Watcher's choice.
❤️ Locking doors to confine activities to an area for a given time (i.e. during a party or particular group activity) is allowed.
❤️ Service workers such as Bartenders, DJs, Musicians, etc. may be hired for parties.

Autonomy
❤️ Autonomy must be kept on 'Full' for gameplay, but may be turned off for very short periods to get Sims in position for screenshots and keep them there long enough to take the darn picture.
❤️ Any autonomous interaction that comes into anyone's queue must be allowed to play out, including romantic interactions, EXCEPT WooHoo. No WooHoo until the overnight dates.

Needs - Plentiful Needs Potions and Moodlet Solvers are allowed for everyone during a date or group activity. Not allowed if just hanging out at home.

Aging
❤️ Aging must be set on
❤️ Everyone in the house is allowed to drink vitality nectar at any time to ensure no one ages to Adult while in the house.
❤️ Each bachelor is given a PoV when eliminated.
❤️ Ivy, her new husband and Anna are given PoV's on Ivy's wedding day.

Romance
❤️ No Watcher-directed romantic actions except when on 1:1 date OR to fill a romantic want.
❤️ If Ivy has a romantic want that does not indicate a specific bachelor, choose the bachelor randomly each time.

Wants
❤️ Ivy's wants MUST be satisfied if possible without leaving the current lot, including romantic wants with the exception of WooHoo - no WooHoo until the overnight dates.
❤️ Bachelor wants must be satisfied if that can be done without leaving the current lot (exceptions: no WooHoo until the overnight date; romantic wants may only be satisfied if the target of the want is Ivy - any romantic wants regarding Anna or other bachelors may not be satisfied).
❤️ Bachelor wants must be satisfied in a rotating manner - in other words, once a bachelor has had a want satisfied, a second want for that bachelor may only be satisfied after a want has been satisfied for each other bachelor. This continues so all bachelors have an approximately equal number of wants satisfied.
❤️ If a Sim has no wants that can be completed (wants are either woohoo, inappropriate romantic wants of bachelors, or require leaving the lot) the Sim can use a Want refresher (Ivy's family used satisfaction points to help her stockpile these before she moved out).

WooHoo
❤️ There will be an overnight date with each of the bachelors when there are only 2 remaining - woohoo may occur only at this point and only if it's autonomous or Ivy has a want for it.
❤️ Risky woohoo must be set at 7% for young adults.

Anna
❤️ Anna is there to be a helper and may not initiate any romantic interactions with any of the guys. Her wants may be satisfied (as long they aren't romantic) but don't have to be and don't require leaving the lot.
❤️ Anna must have the Unflirty trait; a Re-Traiting Potion may be used prior to the arrival of the bachelors to accomplish this.
❤️ Any autonomous flirting with Anna on the part of any bachelor must be canceled as soon as it is discovered and Anna must be directed away from the bachelor to some other part of the house.
❤️ Any autonomous romantic actions or sentiments toward Anna by any bachelor will result in a score reduction for the bachelor.

Scoring
❤️ Scoring will be revealed as the challenge unfolds as it is impossible to think of everything that could happen up front.
❤️ Scoring will be consistently applied and as fair as possible, but ultimately it is at Watcher discretion.
❤️ Scoring details will be shared in the Spoiler at the end of each post.

Gen 5 Heir: Ivy Sandoval
Activities & Scoring
Round One
[✔️] Friendly introduction, then use MCCC to add the bachelor to the household.  A random list generator determines the order in which they meet Ivy.
[✔️] Each bachelor gets 3 directed friendly socials and two autonomous socials with Ivy upon meeting.
[✔️] At the New Year's Eve Party, Ivy slow dances with each of the bachelors. The order is random. All other interactions at the party are autonomous.
[✔️] The day after the New Year's Eve party is the Flea Market - all interactions there are random.
[✔️] On return home from the Flea Market, everyone except Anna is directed to the pool. Other interactions are random.
[    ] The following day is a group activity in the game room. Ivy is directed to play a game with each bachelor. All other interactions are random.
[    ] The next three days will be individual dates; Each date will last 6 hours; Date activities are assigned randomly.
[    ] The first elimination takes place the morning of the following day.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 10:59:05 PM »

Reserved

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2023, 10:59:27 PM »

Reserved

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2023, 10:59:45 PM »

Reserved

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2023, 11:03:46 PM »

Reserved

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble (Lots Added)
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2023, 11:04:05 PM »

Lots Added

Most of the lots in this story are part of the save file being used; this post will showcase lots downloaded from the gallery.

Homeless Camp

• Creator: Mariecathrine
  • Type: Tiny Home Residential
  • Lot Size: 30 x 20
  • Cost: §9,779
  • Lot Traits: Cat Hangout
  • Lot Challenges: Off-the-Grid, Creepy Crawlies
  • Details: Has 5 tents, Woodworking Table, The Duty Calls Modern Citizen Bush, Dumpster, Campsite, Pond with Fishing, Selvadorada Sales Table, Washtub and Clothesline
  • What I Changed: Removed the pond; replaced a broken stove (decorative) with a BBQ drum; added 2 Stumpy Chairs; Removed Cat Hangout lot trait and added Great Soil, Geo-thermal, Natural Well lot traits; Removed Creepy Crawlies lot challenge;  Leo planted his garden where the pond used to be.

Forgotten Factory

• Creator: Octoberlifeguard; Original (shell) by: Alexxok
  • Type: Residential
  • Lot Size: 40 x 30
  • Cost: §40,862
  • Lot Traits: Private Dwelling
  • Lot Challenges: none
  • Details: Woodworking table, Been There Watched That TV, Fireplace, Low quality stove and fridge, kitchen sink, coffee maker, double bed, dresser, wardrobe rack, juice fizzing station.
  • What I Changed: Replaced woodworking table with candle-making station; removed the bed and wardrobe; added game table and chairs; changed Lot Type to Generic.

The Abandoned Factory

• Creator: Dvazquez94
  • Type: Generic
  • Lot Size: 30 x 30
  • Cost: §134,752
  • Lot Traits: none
  • Lot Challenges: Filthy, Grody, Quake Zone
  • Details: How Low Can You Go Desktop Computer on a usable desk, 1 toilet and 1 sink (partially blocked - may have routing issues); 1 toilet and 1 sink (fully blocked), Grimy Times Crime Map
  • What I Changed: Cleared vines and debris in the basement and added a scrapper and a fabricator (but discovered in play that items fabricated on a generic lot do not go into family inventory, so didn’t really end up using this lot).

Hallow Cemetery

• Creator: GhostRatKing
  • Type: Generic
  • Cost: §45,886
  • Lot Traits: Peace and Quiet
  • Lot Challenges: Spooky
  • Details: Pond with Fishing, Building with toilet and sink, weather machine
  • What I Changed: Added lot traits of Teen Neighborhood, Cat Hangout.

Sprucewood Square Reno

• Creator: NSJkelly
  • Type: Maker Space
  • Cost: §61,809
  • Details: Community Board, Solar Panels, Scrapper, 2 Fabricators, 2 Candle-making stations, 2 Flower-arranging tables, Juice Fizzing station, Woodworking table, Kiddie Pool, 3 Easels, Restroom with 2 toilets and 2 sinks, Infant travel crib, 2 Infant rugs with toys, 2 mid-range desktops, Chess table, Swingset, Toddler Slide, Freezing Treats Vending Machine, Hot Eats and Treats Vending Machine, Footloose Beverage Bodega, Don’t Wake the Llama table, DigiRAD keyboard, Kid’s Activity Table, Bonsai Tree, Dollhouse, Kid’s Science Table
  • What I Changed: Added 2 dumpsters; Added lot traits Convivial, Homey, Study Spot; added shower (during gameplay).

Sand Simoleon Beach Villa

• Creator: JSN611
  • Cost: § 
  • Lot Traits: Oceanic Paradise, Natural Light, Sunny Aspect
  • Details: To be added when gallery is available
  • What I Changed: Added a hot tub and a second jet ski.

Via Romanza REc Center

• This version uploaded by: Sam_Spock_25
  • Original Creator: katie_london
  • Type: Rcreation Center
  • Lot Size: 30 x 30
  • Cost: §121,114
  • Details: Indoor & outdoor dining, grill, 2 chess tables, 4 easels, TV, fireplace, 2 infant play mats, toy chests, rocker, knitting basket, bookshelves, 3 game tables, stereo, 2 treadmills, 2 workout machines, separate showers and restrooms, sauna, kid's play tent, 2 Void Critter game stations, pirate ship jungle gym, small garden with a few plants.
  • What I Changed: Traded to better grill to prevent fires, added table outside for grilled food, added closet.

PiccolaLuce-Furnished

• Creator: jessewithlove1
  • Lot Size: 20 x 20
  • Cost: §141,372
  • Details: Formal dining room + eati-in kitchen, 2 kid's bedrooms on 2nd floor, Master Bedroom on 3rd floor, pool.
  • What I Changed: Added Master Bath on 3rd floor, completed wall coverings where missing, added lights where missing.

Thunderhawk Ranch

• Creator: DevonBumpkin
  • Lot Size: 64 x 64
  • Cost: §167,467
  • Lot Traits: None
  • Lot Challenges: None
  • Details: Big wrap-around porch; very large kitchen with 6-seat dining table and bar; laundry room; 1 bath on main floor; living room with 2 sofas and tv; additional more formal room with piano. Upstairs has 2 bedrooms with double beds and 1 bedroom with single bed along with 3 bathrooms. Barn has room for 3 horses and nectar-making and nectar-storage areas. Fenced area for animals. Garden and greenhouse. Large pond with fishing; fenced-in kids' play area; Chicken coop.
  • What I Changed: Added 2 basement nectar cellars; removed laundry room. Moved barn nectar-making from large room to smaller room and renovated large room into 3-room (kitchen, bedroom, bathroom) Ranch Hand living quarters. Added more kids' activities to fenced-in kids' area. Expanded a section of the porch and added a hot tub. Rearranged garden area to make room for more plants. Moved campfire to front of lot and added seats around it. Added kids' treehouse.

Canter Cottage

• Creator: SakuraLeon
  • Lot Size: 30x30
  • Cost: §84,379
  • Lot Traits: None
  • Lot Challenges: None
  • Details: 3-Bedroom house; upstairs has master, child/teen room, infant/toddler room. Stable has 3 stalls/beds for horses. Chicken coop.
  • What I Changed: Removed the debug plants - looks like lettuce patch - from the front fenced area and replaced with chicken coop.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble (4/26 1.01 And So It Begins . . . )
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2023, 06:37:27 PM »
1.01 And So It Begins . . .

That text message said there's a park up the street and I need to meet someone there. I guess I better go find them.

An under-construction, abandoned factory in Newcrest? Yeah, that’s not right.

And another across the street. Nope. Not in Newcrest.

And a cemetery. I guess people are dying to get in there. Hah!

So, this is the park. Empty . . . but bikes in the racks. Sure. Why not?
Oh, not quite empty I guess. Must be the guy I’m supposed to meet.

Leo:  "Mind if I join?"
Basketball Dude:  "Sure, jump in."

Leo:  "So, you from around here?"
Basketball Dude:  "Not really. You?"
Leo:  "Nope."
Basketball Dude: "You play much ball?"
Leo:  "Naw . . . this is my first time. You?"
Basketball Dude:  "I play in high school. Or I did. Until I got kicked from the team for bad grades. I’m Dustin, by the way."
Leo:  "I'm . . . ummmm . . . Leo. Good to meet you. High school, huh? Where exactly is that?"
Dustin:  "Copperdale. It’s the only high school around here."
Leo:  "Uh-huh. So . . . I saw a food truck at the front of the park. Does it ever open?"
Dustin:  "Nah, not anymore. Not since the factories closed."
Leo:  "Ah, well, then, I guess I go in search of food."
Dustin:  "Good luck, man."
Leo:  "Thanks. See ya’ 'round."

I guess I’ll have to catch my own dinner.

I’m not eatin’ bugs or worms, but let’s see what’s in here. A frog . . . okay, I’ll keep you. I’ll call you Hakuna Matata.

Okay, cook up this fish and see if it’s edible . . . and hopefully not poisoned from some awful factory gunk.

More than edible . . . pretty tasty actually. And still hoping not poisoned. I guess we’ll know if I die in the night.

Early the next morning, the cell phone dings.

What the heck?

Hmmm . . . is this a joke? Could this be that Watcher dude? What should I say? What the heck. It's not my place anyway.

Clicks OK

It was Dustin? Hmmm . . . wonder how he knew where I was.

Leo:  "Dude, you’re looking a little rough. You been at the park all night?"
Dustin:  "Yeah. I just couldn’t go home, you know? My dad’s gonna be so mad when he hears I got cut from the team."
Leo:  "Well, he’s going to find out, so maybe you should be the one to tell him."
Dustin:   "I will, I just need some space to figure out what I’m gonna do next. Thanks for letting me crash here."
Leo:  "Sure. No problem. It’s not really my place anyway."

Dustin:  "How long have you been here?"
Leo:  "Since about an hour before I met you."
Dustin:  "Where’d you come from?"
Leo:  "Hmmm . . . not sure how to answer that. I don't know how it relates to here."
Dustin:  "What do you mean?"

Leo:  "Well, one minute I was a child, standing in my dining room, blowing out my birthday candles and making a wish. And the next thing I knew, I was standing right over there staring at these tents."
Dustin:  "That’s freaky, Dude! Did you wish to be homeless?"
Leo: "Huh?"
Dustin:  "You said you were making a birthday wish. What did you wish for?"
Leo:  "I wished for . . . something exciting to happen on my first day as a teen. Oh, geez . . . and earlier, my cousin, Leo Sandoval, came over to tell me Happy Birthday. Gave me a Future Cube. I remember thinking how cool his name is. Lee-o---Sand-o-val. And now here I am, with nothing but the clothes on my back, 200 simoleons in my pocket, a phone someone called Watcher gave me, and an id with my picture and my cousin Leo’s name."

Dustin:  "Oh, Dude, that’s worse than being kicked from the basketball team."
Leo:  "Yeah. The weird thing is, there’s a Newcrest where I come from, but it’s not like this. No factories or cemeteries. It’s all homes. This corner is familiar though. That park where we met? In my Newcrest, I’m pretty sure that’s where my Grandpa and Grandma’s house is. My mom grew up there."
Dustin:  "So, it’s like a parallel simverse?"
Leo:  "I guess so . . . hard to believe . . . but maybe you’re the proof."
Dustin:  "Me? What have I got to do with it?"

Leo: "Believe it or not, there’s a you where I come from. Dustin Broke. See? I know your last name even though you never told me."
Dustin: "Is that 'me' on the basketball team?"
Leo: "No, he's older - out of high school. He's rich. And famous."
Dustin:  "Really? I need to get me some of that."
Leo:  "Naw, man. That 'you' is a jerk. I met him once . . . tried to say hello . . . tell him how cool I thought he was. I was just a kid who looked up to him, but he was a real jerk . . . got down in my face and told me not to talk to him  . . . that I wasn’t worthy enough to speak to someone as famous as him."
Dustin:  "That’s harsh. At least you got 200 simoleons out of the deal. That’s something."
Leo:  "I guess so. It’s not going to last long though."

Watcher's Note: This chapter includes gallery lots Forgotten Factory by Octoberlifeguard (original shell by Alexxok), The Abandoned Factory by Dvazquez94 and Hallow Cemetery by GhostRatKing. For more information about these lots, see the Lots Added post.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble (1.01. And So It Begins . . . )
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023, 01:54:56 AM »
Ooh, a totally new old Newcrest.
Leo's taking it all very calmly. Nice that he's got Dustin for company. Did you get that pop-up to crash for a few days out of the blue? One of my Asylum Residents got a request like that but I turned it down. I wasn't sure what would happen with a full household and there's less than 0 spare beds!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2023, 09:04:03 AM »

And so it begins! *throws confetti*

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2023, 11:18:32 AM »
Ooh, a totally new old Newcrest.
Leo's taking it all very calmly. Nice that he's got Dustin for company. Did you get that pop-up to crash for a few days out of the blue? One of my Asylum Residents got a request like that but I turned it down. I wasn't sure what would happen with a full household and there's less than 0 spare beds!

It's been interesting and fun playing in a new version of the world - some of the original Sims are still there, but with makeovers, so I don't always recognize them. I did run into an issue that there are no homeless townies, meaning that when I check Manage Households, there are no families "Not in World". This particular part of the challenge did include finding love with another homeless Sim, but there are no homeless Sims in the game yet, so I removed the "homeless" requirement for the love partner and am thinking about how I want to move forward with regard to the Sims in general. I may delete the original-world Sims. I did find an issue with the park where Leo and Dustin met, which has an area with three-level platforms - each are the height of 1 step, so the Sims should be able to go up them, but they can't - they stand and wave their arms. The park is amazing, with chess tables and easels and other things for them to use on the different levels, which is part of why I located near that park. So I'll have to figure that out.

Edit: I removed the platforms and rebuilt them, and they work fine now. I'm not sure if maybe the lot was built before the game actually had platforms as we know them and the originals were built some other way, but simply removing and replacing them fixed it. Also, my Sims kept getting negative moodlets in the park because it wasn't decorated well. I added some things, but it didn't help, so I went in search of the problem, and found that walls around the raised planter beds that go around the border of the park were unfinished on the inside in several places. You can't really see the inside unless you are specifically trying to, but my Sims were very bothered by them anyway. Once I added wallcoverings on the inside, my Sims were able to recognize how beautiful the park really is.

Regarding Dustin - he is a made-over Sim, but I'll keep him even if I remove others since he has a relationship with Leo now - he's a YA celebrity in the original world, but he was a teen in Sims 2, so I imagine that was behind making him a teen in this world. He was out at the park and stayed there all-night. At one point I had Leo work on his homework on a bench, and Dustin repeatedly came and sat beside him, immediately got back up and went back to the basketball court, threw one ball, came back to sit beside Leo and then immediately return to the court - he did this over and over, probably 8 or 9 times - it was quite funny. And then the pop-up came about coming to stay for a few days and I had no idea who would appear if I said OK - I thought about it for a few minutes, but then I decided to go for it, and it kind of worked out that it was Dustin.

One thing I am going to try to do in this challenge is control less . . . let the Sims lead me more . . . which I normally don't really do . . . so what I keep coming back to is that I'll control enough to meet the challenge goals, but beyond that let the Sims decide - I think a lot of people play that way normally, but I am usually planning almost every little thing, so trying to back off from that this time.

Yes, introducing a stay-over person to the asylum could make things even more challenging . . . although I must say, as a reader, I appreciate your bravery in taking on the hardest level . . . so much fun for me as a reader.  ;)

And so it begins! *throws confetti*
Yes, I'm excited to get started, although I have to say I am missing @oshizu here at the beginning . . . I know she got a new computer and it was giving  her trouble, so she has been offline for a few days. But we'd planned to start this together, and we often chat in Discord throughout the evenings as we play at the same time in our different corners of the world (type-chat, not voice), and I was really looking forward to us starting this together and chatting as we go. So if I am slow in proceeding . . . it is because I am managing things that come up related to the new world, and also moving slowly missing my friend. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 1.02 The First Weekend (4/29/23)
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2023, 07:59:28 PM »
1.02 The First Weekend

This looks like a good spot. Let’s see what I can catch.

Yep, you’ll make a nice dinner.

Back at the lot . . .

Dustin: “Catch anything?”
Leo: “I caught a couple fish. And a Dragonfruit thing.”
Dustin: “Dude, that’s worth, like §200! You could sell that.”
Leo: “Or I could plant it and grow more and then sell them.”
Dustin: “Smaaaaaarrrrrttt!”

Leo: “And I fished up this voodoo doll.”
Dustin: “Oh, yeah, that’s cool! You can do stuff to people with that.”
Leo: “Or I can sell it. A guy at the dock said it’s worth §900 or more. I harvested a few other things, so I think I’ll try to get a little garden going over there. I also found a couple more frogs to keep Hakuna Matata company.”
Dustin: “Dude, you can breed those frogs. Some of them are worth a lot. So, are you cooking up the fish?”

Leo: “I was going to, but then I stopped by the little park on the way back and some dude cooked up a batch of excellent Chicken Chimichurri Skewers that just smelled too good to pass up. There’s probably some left if you’re hungry. Anyway, I figured the fish would spoil before we’d eat them, so I sold them. Didn’t get much for them, but they weren’t that big.”
Dustin: “I’ll go see what’s left at the park.”
Leo: “I’ll get started on that garden.”

Dustin: “Hey, Leo . . . “
Leo: “Ummm . . . I’m watering here . . . “
Dustin: “Oh, yeah, sorry, man. Listen, I wanted to tell you . . . I can help you out with your low funds issue . . . I’m pretty good at swiping stuff . . . I could show you.”
Leo: “Thanks, I think I’ll try some other things first. But I’ll keep that in mind.”

Dustin: “Here, I’ll help you with the watering.”
Leo: “Thanks, but I need to plant it first.”
Dustin: “Oh, yeah. Hey there’s a Flea Market tomorrow. We could go try to sell some stuff.”

I talked to people all day but didn’t sell a thing. What a waste of time.

Guess Dustin’s not sleeping so well in the tent.

Can’t really afford the food, but I can watch a little TV.

That dude just walked off and left his burger.

Can’t let that go to waste.

Dustin: “Hmmm  . . . what can I help myself to in here? This looks good.”

Remembering Watcher’s instructions to make friends, we went to the park before going home.

Leo: “Hi. I’m Leo.”
Aurelia Ricci (flirtatiously): “Hi Leo. I haven’t seen you around here before. I know, because I would surely remember you.”

Aurelia: “We look great together!”

Xavi Garcia: “Hey, you know anything about that camp place down the street? I stopped by there but it was deserted.”
Leo: “Yeah, I’ve been staying there the last couple days. It’s temporary.”
Xavi: “I thought it might be full, but looks like there’s room . . . if someone needed to stay a couple days.”
Leo: “Sure, plenty of room.”

(Watcher note: That’s Malcolm Langraab back there swinging.)

Xavi: “I’m sure I won’t be there long.”
Leo: “No worries man. And no judging. We just are where we are.”

Monday morning . . .

What a way to wake up . . . no water . . . no power . . . and §37 gone. On the upside, there’s food.

Maybe Watcher can help . . .

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Glazey's Ten-Gen Jumble - 1.02 The First Weekend (4/29/23)
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2023, 09:04:16 PM »
Oh come oh watcher, have a heart. That was just plain cold.  ;D I like the friendship he has with Dustin. Can't wait to see more.