Author Topic: The Colour Dynasty - Update 4/8/2013 (Final Chapter) The Final Goodbyes  (Read 19379 times)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: The Colour Dynasty Returns (So far, so good)
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
YAY update! Love the birthday party.
I'm so glad you were able to fix the Colour's file, Salty! So much time and effort, and frustration, I'm glad it was all worth it.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 04:26:24 AM »
Happy to see them back Salty!  Thyme's are going to be next for a huge house remodel.  I felt your pain!  Luckily I didn't delete them, just removed their file to a separate folder on my desktop.  Having deleted one dynasty I had learned my lesson.  I can see where this is going to continue to be a great story for you though!  Can't wait.  Don't get too tired, hon.  Sims are fun but if you get over tired it will hurt you in the long run.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
The process of aging and dynasties is a slow process, once it gets so far.  There are eight in the household, one of which is a mortal.  Sunshine just turned into a teen and has a long way to go before she is of childbearing age.  Unfortunately, now, it is a waiting game, because we have to lose the last mortal, to finish the dynasty.  Cecil has become a major force in the family unit and we really do not look forward to the day that the grim comes to take him away.  I sometimes sit across the street in the family cemetary to think about all of those years ago when I met Agnes.  She was the backbone and the rock for this family.  Each mortal played some role the in our lives at one point or another.  There has been a few setbacks along the way, but we have overcome.  Of all immortals, all requirements are met, all portraits and sculptures are finished, so, we just sit and wait.  We all often wonder what we will do when the dynasty finally comes to an end and we look at each other wanting the answers.  The new house is smaller and a little more cramped, but we somehow manage to make it work.  We are all celebraties in our own right and have been lavished with wonderful gifts. The family has a solid foundation and I have heard of so many other families, that seem to have tragity and heartbreak, that it makes me wonder what really lies ahead for each and every one of us.  I do know, for myself, I want to travel.  We have more money than any one of us could spend in a lifetime and lifetimes to come.  I wondered, what went through my head, so long ago, about whether or not I wanted to start this undertaking, of losing loved ones and the sadness that comes with it and knowing that I could prevent it.  I would do it again in a heartbeat, because it is the driving force that keeps me, the founder, going on, living our day to day lives.  Each and every one of us, has a goal.  I am not sure how it will play out at the end, but you would be surprised at the choices that they have made.  I know I long to hold someone in my arms again and feel the warmth of someone sleeping next to me and the joy of sharing your life with a spouse.  I still miss Agnes terribly and miss her arms and lips.  Yes, we have shared moments after she has left, but it is not quite the same as a living, breathing person next to you to share the joy and heartbreak that comes into our lives.  Yes, we have a long road ahead of us.  Can we survive what lies ahead or will it come crashing down like so many other families.  Our town is filling up with vampires at an alarming rate and so far we all have been spared the fate that others have succombed to.  Yes, I am blessed beyond belief as I look at my wonderful family and wonder what our futures will hold....

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
Love the family photo, Salty. I guess speedo guy didn't get the memo in time to change. :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »
Rofl....that was too funny.  Now that I look at it, I died laughing when you wrote that, still snickering.  Good grief, lol.  I guess he didn't. ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
Amazing update, I must say. Love Sunshine's clothes. Awesome!  ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 10:45:41 AM »
I'm so happy purple eyes are back :D Good for you for finding a way to save them, both you and Joria did it, which made me even more sad for my Stucksons, knowing that there was hope for them. I'm on to new one, but it is so good to see some ol' friends still hanging around. Following them all the way to HOF.
And Museum and house are looking wonderfull!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
Franklin:

It has been awhile since I have reported in.  Not alot has happened, but we have had a few birthdays.  I suppose you could say we are on the countdown now to total immortality and there has been a few obstacles that, I hope we have overcome.  Cecil and Star are both almost at the top of the acting career and I do believe Cecil looks rather dashing in his work attire.

It is almost both, Star's and Cecil's birthday and Star has already accomplished all she needs to accomplish towards the dynasty.  All that needs to be done is her portrait and sculpture, which is not a problem. Sunshine is having the next birthday to young adulthood right after her mom and dad.  She did invite a friend over and said she really liked him and they were dating.

It is so hard now to watch Sunshine develop into a young vibrant woman and even harder knowing she will not be able to marry the man she falls in love with. 

It was finally Star's birthday into elderhood, so to speak and she took it very well.

She has turned out to be a very distinguished looking elder and I think she looks great in the hairdo.
Next was Cecil.  I think he took it worse than Star did.

I kind of overheard a talk they were having, but the house is so open, it is kind of hard not to pay attention.

Star:  I am glad we have this short time to talk, seems like it is so few and far between.  I just wanted to say, I love you with all of my heart and I do not want to lose you. I don't know what we all are going to do, but if I thought there was a way for us to be together, I would do it.
Cecil: I knew what I was getting into when I married into this family.  I would not change one thing, even if I wanted to.  We still have some time left, why don't we take a trip and spend some quality time together.  How about France?
Star:  What about our jobs?  We just can't up and leave right now, or could we?  We will sleep on it, ok.  I want to spend every spare moment with you Cecil Colour.

Well, I wish I had not listened, that was a private moment and I need to get to bed and get some rest.  It is Sunshine's birthday tomorrow and I am not sure if she is having some second thoughts about this whole dynasty business.  Oops, family meeting time, guess I won't be sleeping anytime soon.

Wait, I thought I was the only one that could call a family meeting, oh well, not tonight I guess.
Star:  I wanted this opportunity to really ask everyone if they had thought about what we were going to do when this dynasty was final.  Myself, I don't really want to live forever, if I can't live with the person I love the most in life.  What is the point, day in and day out, the same thing.  Yes, it is great to be immortal, but at what cost.  We have all lost someone near and dear to us, so now what?
We all sort of stared at Star, because, actually I had never thought of what any of us would do when we had finished this endeavor.
Heather:  I guess I have always wanted to travel and see the sites.  None of us have really ever been anywhere.  Why don't we all take a trip together when it is time, at least it something to think about.  I think, right now, we all need some sleep and continue this meeting when we are fully rested.

The next evening, it was Sunshine's birthday and she had invited her friend, Luke.

She is beautiful young lady and said she wanted to Leader of the Free World and I believe she could do it too.

After things had settled down, Sunshine and Luke had some alone time.  I am not sure if I like the looks of it, but she is grown and has to make her own mind up.

That pic was taken before her makeover, she does not like long hair.

Later that evening, when Sunshine's friend had left, she had a talk with her mother.  She told her that she felt like a guinea pig in an experiment and did anyone else care about how she felt.  Sunshine was in love and she knew about not being able to get married and be with the one she loved and she was not liking it right now.
Her mom told her, she needed to realize that all of us have been through the same thing and that Sunshine and her heir was the final chapter.  Well, Sunshine said she didn't want to be the final chapter and she wanted to get married to Luke and with that she ran to her room.  Well, this is a fine pickle we are in.  Maybe her great great grandmother can talk to her, but not tonight. We will just have to see what happens.  We can't force Sunshine into anything, but we can be firm and stand our ground, we must for the sake of the Colour Dynasty.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »
Happy Birthday times 3.
I agree, Cecil is dashing! :P

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »
Happy Birthday, you three~!

I love Sunshine's hair, it's from Street Couture, right?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 02:13:10 AM »
Sunshine:

Yay, I finally am a young adult, for what good it does me.  I guess I am feeling sorry for myself and I shouldn't.  I have known about this dynasty and its requirements for quite some time now, but I didn't think I would fall in love so fast.  How am I going to tell Luke I can't marry him, "but oh, by the way, I will have your child though."  That would go over real well.  I know I have to carry on with this, but living in a household of elders really gets on my nerves, sheesh.  Oh well, I started my new job as a Podium Polisher, it is a start and I was already picked to be an assistant for the day.

That evening Luke came over for a short visit.  He didn't stay very long, but I did manage to slip in a first kiss and wow, did I see fireworks.

I think he is a bit older than me though and since there is eight in the household, there is no chance for a nooboo anytime soon, be my luck, Luke will be an elder by the time this house is ready for a baby.  Daddy has a ways to go and I would never wish anything bad to happen.  I love my parents more than anything.  It is just a waiting game for now.  In the wee hours of the morning, the burglar alarm went off, talk about hitting the ceiling.

Daddy is a trouper though, he attacked the burglar and won and the guy freaked and ran away, that was weird.  My dad is so great.  I guess we have a connection, because he knows how I feel and I know how he feels, it is like we are really tuned into each other.  I am going to miss him when he is gone, enough about that, I don't want to run my makeup.
We all decided it was time for a night out on the town, so we all went down to the bar I bought.  It is now called Sunshine's Bar and Grill, formerly the Grind.  I had it redecorated too and I am still not done with the landscaping yet, but it looks alot better than it did.  It seems we all couldn't wait to get there, what a sight.

For a bunch of ole folks, they still can move.  I have to admit, I am impressed at their agility.  Mom and I even did some table top dancing.  That was fun and she is so cool, I guess life isn't too bad.

I guess we all have to remember that no matter what, life is worth living.  Yes, I am sad that I can't get married, but who says once this is all over that I can't find someone and get married and adopt children.  The family said they might take a trip across country, but I have no desire to travel.  Maybe Luke will be around when the time is right, who knows.  For right now, I am living day to day and enjoying my family.  Who else can say they know their great, great, great grandfather, not many.  I know it is going to be hard, but I have to remember why we are doing this.  I get frustrated and angry sometimes, but then again, that is just me, so right now, the Colour Dynasty goes on.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 02:35:40 AM »
I just catch up with The Colours, with my morning coffee, and it was wonderful :) I admire you ability to stay away from traveling all this time! Story is going well, and all have their characters so well developed that I'm shore the ending will be wrapped up very well. It' so funny when they're all running toward those bars placed somewhere on the hills. Sometimes I just take a quick look to see some elders running over hills in the middle of the night for a drink and dance in hotspot - just like in real life :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 02:38:20 AM »
I hope this game lasts until the end.  I watched the time yesterday and load time for the game was almost 10 minutes.  I have 13 sim days before the last mortal passes and I hope I can keep it going, would hate to lose it this late in the game.  Thanks for the comments. :)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 02:35:01 AM »
Salty you are the mega story writer! Not only do you have like 50 stories but they all rock. I love reading them. Keep em coming. All the pictures are gone though. :(

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 07:25:09 AM »
Unfortunately, I had given up on my dynasty, because I kept getting the error 12 message, so I deleted the first part of the story.  So, in one last attempt to save my game after reading some tips on here and talking to a couple of computer geeks, I demolished the whole house and made it smaller and made my museum smaller.  I started it up and no more error 12, so I decided to try and finish it.  I do have all the pics on photobucket and alot in the gallery.  I could have kicked myself for deleting my story, but you live and learn.  Glad you see you back with us bde1225.  Thanks for reading and the comments.  I am going to try and finish this dynasty on my days off.  I will pull a sim merathon if I have to, lol.  Too many challenges coming up that I want to start. :)