Author Topic: The Path of a Walker  (Read 17569 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Path of a Walker
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
                                          The Path of a Walker

Introduction:

I am a Walker, this is my Path that you will journey with me on. I am the last of my kind, I am the Eighth of the Eight Walkers. I do not know what my life holds, how can I without my Sisters, all I see is the Inevitable, for that is the Path that I weave for many, I weave a Path that all must follow, they have no choice, my Life can reflect their Paths, each one unique in it's own way, I was at the mercy of my Sisters, they would weave me in my role, what they did always affected me, yet I did not see, I neglected my instincts and then they were gone, I had not seen it coming, neither did they. It was not ours to see our futures, only I had no choice, I always saw mine, everyday when I lay under the stars, in the dark and the quiet of the forest, I saw my Path, I saw where it crossed and turned, the destinations unknown, the advice unheard, I was not looking, so I did not see. I did not see when I would become the last, until it was too late. I am a Walker and this is my Path. Life can through many twists and turns but what they don't know is that Death can throw more, I should know, I am the last of the Walkers, not only in blood but in Paths, I will be the last Walker you will see on your own Path, I will walk to Death, I need to bring my Sisters back, before I too reach the end of my Path, I need my Sisters and so do you, without the Walkers the people will fall into Chaos, I know Chaos and you do not want to meet him. See even Death has humour, it's just not very funny. My name is not important to you right now, I do not know it anyway, the First Walker does and she is gone, we are a collective spirit, I feel my sisters but step by step they grow fainter, just like my foothold on this side of the Path...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Path of a Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
Okay so this is going to be a small story of a Group of Sisters I call 'The Walkers', more will be revealed about them as I tell the story. I am playing them in game and will occasionally add some Pictures in! I am actually quite pleased with how The Eighth, turned out! I hope you enjoyed my little complicated story. You may pick up hints and tips on the way about the 'Walkers'. They are all female and will be Young Adults all the time, even if I refer to ages at times. I couldn't really play much today as I had some final alterations to my Essay to hand in tomorrow so I knocked up my Intro for you all! Hope you enjoyed!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
It is different, but really good.  I think the more we all write, the better the stories are getting.  There are so many stories now, it takes forever to read them, which is a good thing.  I think I need to quit these stories cold turkey and get back to playing my sims.

I can't wait to read where your story is going and your doing such a good job writing, as usual. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:23:13 PM »
Thanks Salty! I hope to do this during the week when I don't really have much time to spare for something like the Characters or the Jades and Hannah. I was going for something different, the mood will lighten later on in the story though so it won't all be gloomy, it just is at the moment due to the Eighth.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »
The Start

I am a Walker, I am the Eighth, now is my time to Walk, my time to Walk till the end and the start, the start of a new path, one that I will forge out of my own footsteps in the world. I will secure the Walkers back into the World and I must do it with or without help. All I remember is of my dreams, they are so vivid in my mind yet I can not put them to words, I see a void, a Void that I am in. There is light but it does not reflect, there is the sounds of flapping and lapping. I feel a soft surface below my body, I try to open my eyes and see the reality. It dawns upon me then and there, my eyes are open, this is no Dream.

I have the use of my body once again, my heart pulls at something out of reach, I was sent here, I was sent with the last ounce of power the First has left, for She is the Beginning, all things must have a Beginning. When you walk, you walk Forwards, I, I am walking backwards. I am the Eighth, I am the End, I am the Start. I pull myself slowly up on the soft grass below me.

Looking around I see, I see nothing. I see the Blackness. I am in the Void of my Dreams, My Hopes, My Fears and my Desires.

As if by my thought of the Void was heard a beacon of light shot through the Void, I needed no instructions to know, this was the Start and this was my Path.

Heading for the Warmth, I was leaving the Void.

Choccolatee

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 01:56:15 AM »
Awwh man, a cliffhanger.  :(

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 11:59:16 AM »
What am I supposed to do?

I remember washing up on the edge of the Void, lying there is the darkness, those ghostly white stairs at the centre of my vision, when my feet had touched the first step I knew i was going the right way, at first when the strings of golden light surrounded me I was a bit frightened, although I was a Walker I had never walked in the other World before, my Sisters has done so many times but they were gone now and it was up to me. The golden light grew too bright and I closed my eyes from the shine, but I kept climbing until the light began to fade, I was out. I was on the surface.

I recognised the standing stone pattern I had appeared in, the signs of the Walkers littered the stones, there was a copy of these back in my home land... I can't remember. I can't remember my own home, the memories are fading, I was worried now that the home of the Walkers was changing and was close to collapse, I must have just made it across the divide.

This land was so peaceful, green and inviting, there was signs of living creatures by their building of the paths, how ironic that they forget something so linked to what they walk on.

There were houses appearing around me now, I almost cried when I saw that they had forgetten what was all around them, the signs on me and my Sisters were everywhere and yet we were growing weaker from them not remembering.

I was thinking at how uncomfortable this path was, not my destiny path but the path beneath my feet, all the people I had seen here were wearing things on their feet, I presume to protect them from the rough ground.

I had yet to realise why I was here, nothing was obvious and nothing would be I suppose, there was only one way to find out more and that was to ask someone what they knew and for some information on where I was.

I saw a man, looked Middle Aged and was standing outside a house which I presume he had spent his life earning, I began asking him many questions and talking to him.

His eyes told me everything I needed to know.

This man could not hear or see me, I was like a ghost, I was shocked, how was I supposed to help my sisters if I was not able to communicate with the people here?

I had no time to think as I felt the coldness sweep through my being and take hold, the darkness covering my vision, I was being taken again.

I woke again and I knew where I was.

I was back where I started...

What was I supposed to do?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
How do you guys come up with these stories.  It is so addicting and intriguing, that I wish it would keep going.  I am lucky to just think up what I write for my stories, lol.  You have outdone yourself and it makes you wonder what is going to happen next.  Just don't go to long between updates, ok, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »
I won't!  ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
I love your writing style, Samoht! How do you manage to make usual gameplay into something so magnificent? :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »
While I have absolutely no idea what is going on, I'm already intrigued by this story.  A literary device that I find absolutely fascinating is to completely withhold all background information in a story about a character who doesn't remember anything or is in some other way confused.  As the reader becomes as confused as the character in the story, it generates a great deal of empathy as that character tries to piece together what is going on.

The movie "Dark City" is one of the most perfect examples of this that I can think of right now.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »
This is fantastic samoht! Bookmarked!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »
Thomas, that was awesome!!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 05:48:05 AM »
Thanks Everyone!  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 06:18:30 AM »
Selina

Yet again I find myself climbing the stairs, I have almost got used to the feel of them now.

I find myself in the stone circle again, I wonder what this day will bring me.

I remember the story my Sisters used to tell me of how one of our followers gave birth to a baby girl and begged us to save this girl who was dying. I think it was Second who brought her to the water in the Void. The Void is the in between of the Walkers World and the Mortals world, both can exist there but only Walkers can exist in all of the worlds. I used to think they were telling me a story, until today that was. Until I saw the Girl, the girl with the strange eyes, just like in the story.

I sat on the bench watching her, to my suprise she came and sat next to me on the bench.

"So who are you and why are you watching me?" came out of the silence, I looked around to see who had said it and who it was directed to.

She was talking to me, she could see me unlike all the others I had met.

I was quick to tell her I wasn't weird and wasn't being rude or anything. She smirked at that but she believed me, we began to talk and I asked her about the town and what life was like, she thought I meant what life was like here but I just meant what it was like, it made me chuckle. By the time it was dark we were friends, quite close. She had noticed people were looking at her like she was talking to herself but I guess she didn't realise only she could see me. I asked her about her family and all I got in reply was that she never knew her Father and that her Mother was a Doctor and was probably over at the pool. Her Mother had always loved water and said it could heal all ills, I asked her about why she wore her hair like that, none of the other Girls I had seen wore it like that, her answer was simple really but it helped. She said that her Mother had worn her hair like that since Selina almost died and then miraculously got better.

That was all I needed to make up my mind on who this Girl was, she was the Girl my Sisters saved, I must call her Selina and not Girl, that would explain the bright eyes. Then the coldness gripped me and this time it was dread, horror and fear in my heart. I had forgetten the story, my Sisters had said that to save this Selina's life another would be taken in return, that life would be taken by water. Selina had said her Mother would be at the pool... I told her to take me to the pool, we had to run and she asked why and all I said was that I felt like something terrible is happening. We got there and this was what we were greeted by...

I was too late to stop it, Selina's Mother was gone.

I saw the Spirits rise and the Reaper come to collect, the people oblivious to what was happening.

Selina's mother saw me and she stared into my soul, she had entrusted the care of her daughter onto the Walkers now, but why? What did the Second say would happen?

I brought Selina to the Voids edge, I prepared for her to wake.

When she did she seemed to remember this place, "Mother was right, this place was real, those stories were true and you are a Walker.", She paused, "I thought there were Eight Walkers?", I replied slowly as I came to the truth of what was happening. "There were, I am Eighth, I am the Eighth Walker. I need your help Selina."

But how will a Teenage girl help me?

anything