Poll

There are a lot of odd and unique ways to make money in the Sims 3. What way has worked well for your Sims?

Hacking - Nightly forays into the internet underworld plundering other Sims' cash
58 (26.1%)
Kleptomania - "Nice lamp, I think I'll take it!"
90 (40.5%)
Gold Digger - Get enough to live on, cuz once you snag a sucker you're set for life.
32 (14.4%)
Mooching - "Can I have 200 Simoleons, Sim I just met?"
7 (3.2%)
Solving the Unsolvable - Surviving on mental power alone
10 (4.5%)
Finding Stars - Mapping the Galaxy for Fun and Profit
25 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Author Topic: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3  (Read 65970 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Favorite Offbeat Way to Make Money in The Sims 3
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 05:08:37 AM »
Yeah collecting can be very random, some will make a lot, others will be asking what they're to do with all the iron bars and moths they find.

I've done the mooch thing, and it's a viable way for a Sim to live their life. I did actually move in on a family and took over their mansion in the gold digger walkthrough. She started mooching and asking to sleep over, stole certain things from the house and eventually stole the husband's heart and kicked out the wife. It had to be my most profitable venture taking over the entire Landgraab estate in just over a week.

Offline Deborah

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 07:36:46 PM »
I had my International Super Spy rummaging through the Landgraab's garbage late at night. He found a pair of Simlife goggles valued at $9500, then I ran up the road and rummaged through the Goth garbage and found another set. Repeated a week or so later and found another set of goggles in the Landgaab's garbage.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Derenic

BEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY-with Pictures
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 08:49:09 AM »
hey there! And Also Enjoy the pics :P (comment if you saw the whole interesting :D)

there is the tip, and if you want to know how to get to there ASAP you can ask anything you`d like to know before being able to reach there.

There is one essential thing here i`d advice. don`t let your sim get older than adult... so first try getting life fruits... by eating each of them you get 1 more extra day, to age up...
NOTE: you wont get younger! you just get more days before aging up... (i have always had it on 50 Days.) until i got ambrosia for immortality... my grand sons and daughters have died and i`m still an adult lol.

these are the steps i took, so now i have all my skills on lvl 10...

start with money tree`s for some more money at first(for maid and stuff for a better reastings and mood)
 then
-get the super green thumb first from the life time rewards
-get the moodlet ring in lifetime rewards so when there is a negative mood in your archive click on your self and cure everything! (looks like a cheat :P)  i never sleep eat bathe or anything! 24/7 working on my  skills...

so far this is the best way i know for making the best money

now the

BEST TIP:grow omni plants, fertilize them with perfect life fruits then go to book store and in the fishing tab, buy the most expensive book ( Fishing for the dead) it`s 2000 worth... NOTE: in recipes , Ambrosia would be the most expensive, but recipes can`t be used!!! buy some books then go on your GROWN omni plant click on feeding, then from the list choose the fishing book... ( yes growing books :P)

each plant gives back 3-5!  book of " Fishing for the dead " ( with the best fertilizing and care(weeding) you`ll get 1 load per day from each plant... (the plant survives 8 days with the best fertilizing)
you can sell the books for 1200 each in inventory and 1350 in the book shop... so everyday you feed the plant you give 1350(actually you have grown them) so you make a pure profit of  2700 (per plant)! a day
NOTE (for just the start you buy some books for 2000 each but later you use you own grown ones)

Money trees also rule! all they need is fertilizing and weeding... every bag of money gives around average of 600 S a day (each tree gives around 3-5 bags)
-they are immortal and drop seeds...
I currently have 35 omni plants... could grow more but everyday you can only order 2 omni seeds from the mail box, and each plants lasts about 8days or so . 35x 2700 =94500 per day ( it`s not much coz the amount of omni you own is limited... it only needs some minutes a day! so 94500 for some minutes is fantastic i guess :P.

And btw! i have never used cheats! never!it just makes you bored to death when you use them

Look at there funny mysterious Gnomes :)))) they are just so funny! they move sleep and they are joke haha...

Arafel

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »
You know my first sim is a gardner and I've yet to find a money tree seed.  :(

Derenic

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
You know my first sim is a gardner and I've yet to find a money tree seed.  :(

---------------

go to the grave yard... around the base there is a whole lot of rare and uncommon seeds plant them and see what they are! i found my life fruit seed and money tree seed together :D.  rare ones are them ... tho try both you may find flame fruit in uncommon... not sure

actually it`s like my pink diamond! i gathered all the gems in the map for two days! i didn`t let any gems to ramain spawned for minutes! i just found the rainbow one lol and not yet the pink diamond

check out more pics :D

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »
Just a side note about the omni plant.  I have yet to have one become barren and use them quite often.  As for money tree seeds, you can locate them next to the graveyard, but they are unknown Special seeds and so are the flame fruit, death flower and life plant seeds.  You can also find the special seeds spawning around the science facility on a daily basis.  When you plant these seeds, don't water them immediately and then go back and see which ones are wilting already.  The life plant and money trees will wilt immediately and then you know that you have one of the 2.  The other 2 plants will be death flower and flame fruit and when they sprout you can tell them apart as well by hovering over the plant and the image that comes up is on a stake, means death flower and a vine is the flame fruit.  Carl has covered all this on his site in the different skills pages.  Good luck and happy simming!!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »
You can also tell a money tree seed because it's more gold in color than the rest of the seeds.  You can know which is a money tree seed before you even plant it!

Derenic, welcome to the forum!  Our standard for resizing images is 640 x 480 for the forum.  Please resize your images accordingly and be sure to use that same size for any future posts.  We really appreciate it!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »
Thanks Pam for the tip on the color of the seed!!  I will be looking more carefully in the future.

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
For your information, money trees can be harvested 10000 times before becoming barren.
At least thats what the code says anyways.

Derenic

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »
I have checked Carl`s Guide lists but didn`t find growing books... ;D

i got it all from my ghost player... after she died she left me a book, and i was feeding the omni with life fruits... but realize a book there in the list haha... so got intersted in planting the ambrosia reciept... tho fishing for the dead was the last option...

it was interesting to find out :D. it really makes money... tho there is enough money in pocket but it`s just beautifuyll to see book on the plant lol

and btw , will do about the picture sizes! and i`m also happy to discuss things about the game and share things with you guys! (same i`d also love to see the way some of you mates playing :) ) so if there are pics! share with us ;)
i guess with this forum it`s more interesting to play, than just playing alone

Derenic

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »
Just a side note about the omni plant.  I have yet to have one become barren and use them quite often.  

------

your omni s don`t get barren? don`t get it hehe

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »
My Omni Plants get barren.  They live a little longer than regular plants, but they do eventually die.  I always order more and more seeds until I have a grove of Omni Plants so I'll still have some after my Master Gardner dies to last until I can get a new gardner leveled up.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Derenic

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »
My Omni Plants get barren.  They live a little longer than regular plants, but they do eventually die.  I always order more and more seeds until I have a grove of Omni Plants so I'll still have some after my Master Gardner dies to last until I can get a new gardner leveled up.

Yup, same for me. They also die here. By the way, why wouldn't you keep your sim alive forever? With life fruits, I mean. Making another one a master in gardening would take a lot!
My man just harvested his 4,000th money bag just now. :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2009, 04:36:12 PM »
The game I was referring to with the master gardeners dying is my Legacy Challenge family.  It's part of the challenge rules that you can't use life fruit or Ambrosia to keep them alive.  They have to die naturally and let the next generation take over until you reach 10 generations. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »
Wow Derenic...that's some garden, very impressive.  I have a level 10 gardener, but I think she may only have about 5 or 6 money trees...I guess she needs to get planting!  ;D