Author Topic: Children in Sims Medieval  (Read 73179 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Children in Sims Medieval
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
I like that you all care so much for your children in sims medieval. I used to do that a lot in the previous sims but now all that I do is send him to buy me what I need while I continue to level up my hero or tell a few jokes or make a few silly faces so I can get the +10buff that I played with a child. Hope I'm not too cruel but after all I kind of like the cruel and evil trait and also this is how sims medieval is built, to make you concentrate mostly on heroes ?  :-\

Pretty much.  It's rather a combination of rpg and Sims.  Not as long in some ways or as fulfilling as rpgs can be and not as much into really building your character and seeing them grow as in Sims.  Your hero never really ages up as far as I know.  A lot of it is frustrating, a lot is extremely challenging, and a good deal is boring.  Most of us have been really getting into seeing how to make things work.  Forinstance, my favorite thing to do in Sims is build.  It took me awhile but I have found ways to at least redecorate enough to satisfy that urge.  I also like to garden so running around finding every single weed and plant was a fun challenge for me.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
I haven't had to feed any of the children of my Sims.  In fact, the Merchant's daughter was out of bed and out the door before her mother even got to the kitchen to cook.  I don't think you have to feed any Sims that you don't control.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »
They eat if you give them the option to though. I have seen them get hungry.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »
Children in TSM seem to be one of EAs nods to the Sims franchise.  They have a few benefits, but no real drawbacks as far as I can tell.  I kind of like the fact that there isn't a lot of child care in the game.  I think it could get quite difficult to balance child care, quest activities, and responsibilities - especially if you are controlling more than one hero at a time.

Benefits
- buff for WooHoo
- big buff (+80 for 24 hours, I think) for the birth of a child
- small buff for playing with the child
- sending the child to the store
- minimal care required for nooboos and traits are assigned rather than selected, which leads me to wonder what effect, other than a cyring child debuff, there would be for a hero who has a nooboo and doesn't feed or cuddle it at all
- no apparent penalty for failing to provide bed/food/toys for children although they will sleep/eat/play if you provide those things for them

Drawbacks
- debuff around crying nooboos
- I've noticed that my blacksmith's son won't always go to the store when asked - their relationship is neutral right now so perhaps this is a consequence of their relationship status

Basically I provide beds and toys for my heroes children simply because, for me, it just feels wrong not to.  At first I tried cooking larger meals, but the children were rarely at home, so I just stopped trying to feed them at all.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »
Children in TSM seem to be one of EAs nods to the Sims franchise.  They have a few benefits, but no real drawbacks as far as I can tell.  I kind of like the fact that there isn't a lot of child care in the game.  I think it could get quite difficult to balance child care, quest activities, and responsibilities - especially if you are controlling more than one hero at a time.

Benefits
- buff for WooHoo
- big buff (+80 for 24 hours, I think) for the birth of a child
- small buff for playing with the child
- sending the child to the store
- minimal care required for nooboos and traits are assigned rather than selected, which leads me to wonder what effect, other than a cyring child debuff, there would be for a hero who has a nooboo and doesn't feed or cuddle it at all
- no apparent penalty for failing to provide bed/food/toys for children although they will sleep/eat/play if you provide those things for them

Drawbacks
- debuff around crying nooboos
- I've noticed that my blacksmith's son won't always go to the store when asked - their relationship is neutral right now so perhaps this is a consequence of their relationship status

Basically I provide beds and toys for my heroes children simply because, for me, it just feels wrong not to.  At first I tried cooking larger meals, but the children were rarely at home, so I just stopped trying to feed them at all.

I agree with everything listed here.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline channa81

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 05:59:01 AM »
Maximum three children...? So far I have not been able to have more than three children. Also, if you have three children and marry another hero than it asks you what household you want to live in and picks two of your children to live with you in the household. The other does not live with you but still hangs around sometimes. Right?

Anyone have more than three children? Bye for now.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »
Maximum three children...? So far I have not been able to have more than three children. Also, if you have three children and marry another hero than it asks you what household you want to live in and picks two of your children to live with you in the household. The other does not live with you but still hangs around sometimes. Right?

Anyone have more than three children? Bye for now.

See, it's not that you can't have more than three children. The thing is that the if you have the fourth child, the first child will be deleted from the game and you won't see him again, thus making the max alive possible at the same time three.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline channa81

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 06:05:00 AM »
4 people per household maximum.

This can either be 2 married people and 2 kids or,

it can be parent and 3 kids, or

parent, three kids and partner that sleeps over and shares bed with Mom
sometimes only.

Right

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 06:12:51 AM »
The new patch coming out on Thursday will let us have a Max of 5 sims per Household.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 06:14:51 AM »
The new patch coming out on Thursday will let us have a Max of 5 sims per Household.

Seems like this patch will change most aspects of the whole game. Another great thing: children of Heroes can grow up and continue their parents' job if the parent dies.

Offline channa81

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »
Neat. I mean about the patch to make a household fit five members. How do you know? Thanks.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 02:39:04 PM »
See, it's not that you can't have more than three children. The thing is that the if you have the fourth child, the first child will be deleted from the game and you won't see him again, thus making the max alive possible at the same time three.

Are you sure that one gets deleted from the game and doesn't just magically grow up and move away?  Sometimes you will see grown up Sims with the names and appearance of the child you no longer have around so I'm wondering if that's the case.

My nooboos are heavily cuddled, fed and loved right from the start and the minute they grow up they are befriended by mom and dad.  They have their own bed which they automatically use right away.  They always come home for dinner and if I put dried jerky or rations in their inventory at the end of the day it's gone.  If mom or dad get up before they do and make food they will hang around a few minutes to see if there is a call to the meal.  It's all the interaction I get from them, although they do seem to make a point of seeing the mom and dad during the day and chatting with them no matter where they are.  I usually stick several teddy bears around and the town kids flock to them and play happily for hours.  Also, if you put a few plates of gruel on a table somewhere public kids will come and eat it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
Are you sure that one gets deleted from the game and doesn't just magically grow up and move away?  Sometimes you will see grown up Sims with the names and appearance of the child you no longer have around so I'm wondering if that's the case.

They grow up?  :o Wow, I never knew that. Yeah, maybe that's the case. :) Thanks.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 07:20:33 PM »
The New Patch Notes. We get to choose a child of a Hero to become our new hero if they die!

Shillianth

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »
The first (and only) child my sims have had pre-patch was a girl... Post patch boy x 7! I'm running out of boy names! haha