Author Topic: Royal Assassination  (Read 5480 times)

Offline Musenapper

• Llama Wrangler
Royal Assassination
« on: March 30, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »
While playing this quest I ran into a glitch where the Monarch was in the forest and would not come out.  I waited quite a while and he never emerged eventually I had to quit the quest. 

I believe the best workaround is to wait for him to come out before going to visit so and so's grave.  I got it to work fine the second time doing that.

Anyone else run into this?  I did all sorts of searching on the web and seemed to be a common issue so I thought I'd start a thread.

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Royal Assassination
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
Well, I'm on a Mac and haven't encountered any problems so far (might be a slightly different build) but with other stuck actions in "The Sims" it was always OK and usually a good remedy to save with a different name, quit the game, restart the game and load. I'd say with 99% probability the stuck action was then smoothly recovered and everything was back to normal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »
My monarch got stuck as well and I have to abandon the quest.  I think my problem was that when I have the ? to choose an option, I also had another action I could do for the quest which I did.  Eventually, the ? option on the quest disappeared and the monarch was stuck in the forest.  I'm looking forward to trying that quest again and see if I get it right this time.

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »
My question is: do you really end up assassinating your King?  I know the quest info says you do, but they say it in a sly way "Seriously, you really are going to kill the King".  I rather like my King, so I'm wondering, if I take this quest do I really have to kill him or is there a "save the King" option at the end, or something like that?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »
I've also had the problem of a sim getting stuck in the forest and started a thread about it, here:
http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,4386.0.html

In that case, it was the merchant that got stuck.  I don't remember what quest it was.  But she remained stuck in the forest for the remainder of the quests in that Ambition.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »
@Phyrie
Yes, you do have to assassinate your Monarch and there is no trick at the end.  He/she will be very much dead.  I went into it, not quite believing it and, have to admit, I was quite upset about it afterwards.  I should have backed out of it but once I commit, I make myself follow through.  I hated it.  I get very fond of my simmies, and after playing around a bit with different sims, I now have a troupe that I use for all my Ambitions.  I often suspect that particular sim eyes me sideways with suspicion. :P

Offline Phyrie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 07:20:32 PM »
Thanks, Figwit.  I, too, get very fond of my Sims.  I will avoid the King's Assassination quest then, at least for now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything