Author Topic: Queen doesn't get the "ask to marry"  (Read 11168 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Queen doesn't get the "ask to marry"
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:49:33 AM »
My monarch was doing the heir quest and got through all those suitors.  She picked what I thought was a winner, King Frg, or whatever his frogginess is named.  The Peteran and Physician had previously done the quest to kiss a frog and he was the result.  He's charming, handsome, eloquent just an all around great choice for the father of my heir, right?  Except I forgot one thing.  He was turned into a frog by his wife, wasn't he?  Anyway, my queen gets him to finding her irresistible and then he runs off.  No matter how many times she chases him down and does all the romantic actions, (he's already her best friend), I never get the notice for her to ask him to marry or to woohoo either!  Now my platinum is going down the tubes because I can't seem to finish this quest.  Has anyone else had this problem and do you think it was my choosing that guy who might still be married?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Queen doesn't get the "ask to marry"
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:25:01 AM »
Have you been able to 'Court' him? That is how they can become the equivalent of Boyfriend and Girlfriend. Then I think more options pop up?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TwinSpirit

• Llama Wrangler
  • Know-it-all. In my own mind.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »
Courting shouldnt really matter, as Ive seen both options: courting and ask a hand for marriage available at the same time. As for the quest I really havent done that part of it, I just like the taste of magical frog feet, but as for it, have you restarted the game and tried again? Many of the problems can be solved that way.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:34:03 AM »
I know I had this problem with my monarch in a different marriage-type quest, but it was because I had had her 'ask to court' another sim back a while before this and forgot all about it.  I had to have her break up with him before the 'ask for hand in marriage' option would come up on the person it was supposed to for the quest.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
I'm hoping someone else keeps old froggie alive and wants to marry him because I'd really like to know if it's HIS past that was keeping them apart or if it would in different circumstances. 

On the other hand, she HAD fallen in love and courted the "handsome lass" from the genie quest!  He was her love interest but just before the quest was done he disappeared!  I figured there was no way she would ever see him again because try though she may, he was definitely in hiding.  Luckily, I had not saved, so I exited the game and got to the suitors thing again and decided to send him a personal letter.  He responded!  So he wasn't totally lost, just not where we could find him, aka in the rabbit hole village.  So she invited him over  and now they are going to live happily ever after.  lol  Only thing is, each night after fun and whoohoo, he goes back to the village and poor monarch sleeps alone.  I hadn't realized it was that easy to find a missing npc.  He's also a really nice guy, loves his baby daughter and adores the queen, not to mention is very handsome.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
Was the handsome lass like the frog prince where the queen cannot ask them to marry her?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »
The "handsome lass" is a very handsome Sim named Lassiter something or other.  My queen was quite smitten with him and wanted to marry him anyway, but I thought it would be better to marry a prince.  Silly me.  Anyway, I let her marry him and they are SOOOO cute together!  Always hugging and doing kissy face ever when I'm not playing them.

In this next go 'round, my queen married the heir to Effonmont, not quite so romantic and the morose dude is just a pain.  You can convince them to have somewhat of a romantic interaction but so far no whoo hoo allowed by the game.  In her Genie quest I still had her ask for a handsome lass, hoping this time she would also be able to marry Lassiter.  (He really is a great guy).  Unfortunately, as too often happens in RL, her duty to the throne had her marrying the elf prince of Effonmont.  (Which, by the way, does not keep the loyalty level high!)

My Frgo (frog prince), is interested in my merchant, (not my doing), but she is totally involved with my very handsome knight who I intend to be my next country's king.  They are only romantic interest but romantic interest will prevent a marriage from happening, or even allow the choice of ask to marry.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:07:53 AM »
When does this quest show up? I know that there is a quest that is based on getting the monarch married. I have yet to have my queen have that quest and I don't want to marry her and then never get to do the quest. :(

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 05:50:39 PM »
Having your monarch married will not stop the quest from appearing.  It just means that your monarch will need to get a divorce or off his/her spouse some other way if you want to do that quest.  Not all the quests turn up for every Ambition so you will see it somewhere down the line.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »
Thank you. I was beginning to wonder. I am still on the first ambition.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

anything