Author Topic: Lost... My Precious Axe  (Read 36880 times)

seekhunt

Lost... My Precious Axe
« on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »
Hey all. So I was playing in Egypt and found a small rubble of stone. Nothing there. So I got my Sim to start digging it out to view the loot under it. But then I noticed he took the old "slow" axe out and started digging hard and slowly. And after looking in my Sim's inventory, I have somehow lost my Pangu's Axe.  >:( ??? :'(

I have no idea when this has happened or how. Now I have checked my house, my other Sims (his wife), everywhere. I know for sure that it's only my main Sim who always had the axe, and I must have sold it or something by accident.

I have searched the China place again but there's no "new" axe on the wall in the tomb. So without this axe, there's just something you can't complete because of the big boulders you need to smash only with the axe.

So, any others lost theirs or have some answer that could help?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: LOOOSSSSTT... my precious axe :-C
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »
Well, if you did sell it by accident ....

I know for sure that its only my main sim who always have had the axe, and i must have sold it or something by accident.

...then there's not much you can do about that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:41:40 PM »
There occurs some bad glitches now and then, but the thing you could do is to hit control-shift-c and type in "testingcheatsenabled true". Repeat control-shift-c and type in "buyDebug on". Now there's a new category in buy mode (sort by function) and in one of the subcategories you'll find the Pangu's axe to buy.

Type in "testingcheatsenabled false" and "buyDebug off", respectively, to cancel the cheats after you've bought that. It's technically a cheat, but there is absolutely no disgrace to cheat to reverse an unfair glitch! ;)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 02:42:21 PM »
Check your family inventory. I found it there once.

seekhunt

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
have done the cheat.

but when i place the axe on a wall and go back to play mode it vanish.... and nope not in my fam. folder either
and well dont know IF i have sold it. but i dont have it / can find it

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
It vanished!? ???
Well, then it must be some continuing glitch that erases all Pangu's axes, because that cheat should've done the trick.
Sorry, but if that doesn't work, then I'm personally out of ideas...

I have to think this over, but I can't promise I can figure something out...
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

seekhunt

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
well only that i dont know when or how i lost the axe. and by that vanished ;-)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
But the one you tried to get through that cheat also disappeared (if I understand everything correctly), so, I'm not a computer expert but, it could be a bug that makes you unable to get/have a Pangu's axe. :-\

seekhunt

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »
yes. where ever i place the "buy axe" in my house or a community lot it always vanish

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Lost... My Precious Axe
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 04:07:44 PM »
I found this thread on the official forum when looking for information on your problem. That you should look in the family inventory came up, but also the issue of it disappearing when you try to cheat. While nothing came up to fix the bug that causes the axe to vanish immediately upon entering live mode, it was suggested to delete boulders using cheats by shift-clicking them with testingcheats enabled. You'll be missing the effect of smashing the boulder but since your axe has vanished and seems irrecoverable this might be your only option for getting past them with that saved game.

seekhunt

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
Hmm. Can't somehow see the thread you link to. It just tells me I don't have the right to view the tread.

But yes, your second idea would of course be possible, but a bit boring. But if i get to those boulders, I guess that must be the way to "smash" them. :-)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
Yeah cuz I am unaware of any debug cheats that relate to resetting adventures and things like that. This must be something they need to fix in the next patch, since you're not alone.

seekhunt

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
And being not alone, I just stumbled upon a lot of new forums with people talking about how they lost it, too.

But then, I found this: how to guide

But, of course it is still not showing on the wall. :-( Do I need to do something with the pc that the guide doesn't talk about to somehow link it etc.?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
Do I need to do something with the pc that the guide doesn't talk about to somehow link it etc.?

You're asking a question here about something on another site.  If we don't write it, we can't answer questions about it.  I'd suggest you ask the question on the site hosting the how to guide.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

seekhunt

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
oh well. could have been some of you have played around and build a tomb maybe.
but the thing is that on that site and the "youtube" page. the comment section have been disabled. so not much to go on here.

but well this was a long shot anyway, maybe also to help others. :)

anything