Author Topic: Daycare - first impressions  (Read 31181 times)

SweetSimmies

Re: Daycare - first impressions
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 06:18:25 PM »
Well I am new here and I got Generations today. The daycare looked cool so I had my sim, Violet, start her buisness. Her husband, Oliver, is a painter and so he is always home and willing to help Violet with the little munchkins who go to daycare.

It isn't too hard to get the toddlers in a good mood but when my three kids arrive, I have like zero time for them. (I am lvl 5 in the career.) The problem child is driving me nuts. I admonish the kid and talk about problems but nothing is working. : / Hopefully you guys can help me figure this out.

Thanks!

paperangel

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:47 AM »
I haven't reached the top in this career yet because my sim wanted to quit and have more babies. I wish I'd kept with it though, since she was level four when I let her quit. Anyway, she's one I've had for a while and had a maxed out cooking skill, thanks in part to being a natural cook, and I used the LTR mid-life crisis to give her the nurturing trait. She had absolutely no trouble with the toddlers. I had her make pancakes in the morning before they showed up and used the food processor to feed them right when they got there, and they were rarely hungry after that. She potty trained both of the first two she'd gotten and taught one of them to talk before getting to level two and recieving her third charge, and by the time she reached level four they were all walking and talking and I was having her read them skill books. Really it's all about how close you are with the kids. Reading to them and teaching them the things that they need to learn boost the level alot. Plus, once they learn to use the potty you don't have to run arround changing them all the time! ;)

Oh, and by the way, I never got a toddler who didn't live somewhere in the neighbourhood. I wonder if it's a glitch.

Annother side note  ::) I didn't notice the LTR super nanny until my sim had quit, but I bet it helps alot too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SweetSimmies

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
Well Violet has had a baby and so she is on maternity leave. The kids have all grown up into teenagers so they aren't coming to the daycare anymore. Not sure if I will get new kids or not. Only time will tell. :)

secretsim

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
I like the daycare profession more than I thought I would but I wish it wouldn't give sims so much time off. My Sim got 10 or 11 days off when she got married and had a kid in short order. So I guess some time to get married (why?!) and maternity leave. It would've been nice for her to be making some money for those ten days.

SweetSimmies

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »
I guess that is the new thing. Like when you get married they give you time off. Which doesn't help when your trying to make money. Wish they didn't do that.

paperangel

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 01:02:17 PM »
I wish it was optional, so your career oriented or poor sims can go to work and your wealthier sims or sims that live at home with mom and dad can have a nice honeymoon.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 07:51:38 AM »
I've had Generations basically since it came out I think, but haven't properly played the daycare profession until now. My sim (ok, me) is really enjoying it. A few store items make this career MUCH easier. The playpen is alright, but I still like the good old baby swing. Basically, my sim and her hubby to help, run around feeding and changing nappies. My sim tells a fairytale, which increases fun VERY quickly, and then they feed and change some more, until toddlers begin to go into the pink. As each toddler has a great mood, they are popped into a swing on slow speed, and pretty much left there for the rest of the day. One toddler stays out and my sim focuses on teaching her toddler skills. To get to the top faster, she gobbles down some perfect basil and gulps down a liquid job booster when she has a chance. She's just reached level 5, and I have a couple of questions:

What is so great about the daycare van? How does it work? Can I use it for my sims' own kids?
What does the "joys of children" interaction do?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zoey

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
I was automatically like, "Oh, I just go to a daycare center and take care of the kids," I was pretty shocked when I found out they brought them to my house. All they did was cry. I wasn't prepared for that.
Life would be different if we were not here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 06:12:18 AM »
I was automatically like, "Oh, I just go to a daycare center and take care of the kids," I was pretty shocked when I found out they brought them to my house. All they did was cry. I wasn't prepared for that.

They stop crying when you take care of their needs.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 06:54:11 AM »
I got to level 5 without too much trouble. It helps to have extra self-employed sims at home to help with that morning rush. The parents always drop off the tots hungry and needing socialization. I managed to teach every child to potty, walk, and talk. The super-nanny LTR must have helped because the problem children were helped by talking about their problems. The only odd thing was that one little girl left on her bike about 15 minutes after arriving. No one seemed to care though.

Offline Chimark

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2013, 10:18:01 AM »
I had fun with this too. I never got more than a couple hundred simoleons for teaching the kids anything so I stopped, you don't seem to get any higher in the career faster by teaching them, just the tips.

I had one odd thing, I had a call on Saturday, and the parent wanting to leave the kid on Sunday. I forgot and went out fishing all Sunday. I get home and there is the child playing on the swing in my yard. The father appears and says, "Thanks for taking such good care of my kid."

Another message I loved was when one father called me up and said, "My child said he likes you more than me, I'm not sure how I feel about that." LOL

anything