Author Topic: Grandpa asks granddaughter for prom  (Read 8423 times)

Leto85

Grandpa asks granddaughter for prom
« on: June 16, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »
I think I got a little weird issue here.
First of all, I'm not really experienced with Generations yet, because my game was glitching and bugging all over the place and I had to find a way to get around that before I could fully enjoy this brand new expansion. So, it was my first time that my brand new teenage girl got asked to a prom. I assume single nice guys will responce to her because, let's face it; she looks pretty good for a snob in spe. But it was her grandfather who has asked her to go to the prom and I don't get it.
There's nothing wrong with the family tree and her grandfather is recognized as the father of her mother in her friend list so I have no clue on what's going on. Is this some weird, bizarre and wrong glitch, or am I missing something?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Grandpa asks granddaughter for prom
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »
I haven't played a teenager since getting Generations, so I can't say what's going on here, Leto.  But a grandfather having the option to ask his granddaughter to the prom?  Surely that can't be right.  It has to be a bug or glitch, I would think.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »
I haven't played a teenager since getting Generations, so I can't say what's going on here, Leto.  But a grandfather having the option to ask his granddaughter to the prom?  Surely that can't be right.  It has to be a bug or glitch, I would think.

Probably. I have deleted that savefile and continued playing with a preview version of it so no more 'intern familydating' from now on. The fact was also that my child returns home the day she became teen and I send her back to boarding school to let her return when she is a grown up. The weird thing was that she didn't leave the house to go to that school. The message was clearly that she will return to school on tuesday, but the day her father made her go to boarding school was also on a tuesday.
So, would it be the next tuesday that she will return to boarding school? I haven't saved that savefile, so I wouldn't know.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »
I had one of my sim girl's female friends ask her to the prom.  I thought that was pretty strange but a grandfather is just ick.  ;D

Frey

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »
How exactly does a Grandfather (who I assume is an elder, or at least adult) go to Prom!?  ::)

Leto85

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
How exactly does a Grandfather (who I assume is an elder, or at least adult) go to Prom!?  ::)

I have no idea. I've deleted that savefile and now I actually regret it a little bit. I never know how this would have ended now.

Frey

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
 ;D it would have been really funny.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
Hey Grandpa may know how to really boogie! Leto you're having glitches also? I'm not the only one? Wait I shouldn't be happy about that should I? :P

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
Hey Grandpa may know how to really boogie! Leto you're having glitches also? I'm not the only one? Wait I shouldn't be happy about that should I? :P

Haha, well, I've had a lot of glitches indeed so I started experimenting with things. My family I was playing from the beginning of the game was glitched after the installation of Generations after they came back from a foreign country.
So what I did was starting a new sim and let him invite the younges offspring of my original family to live with him. So he did, and gone where my glitches.
But the reason why I've started this topic is because this whole thing make me wonder: what is this all about? Glitch or not?

michelou

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 06:34:42 AM »
Definitely a glitch, it's been all over the boards at the Sims3.com site. And, whatever you do, do NOT accept an invite from that family member. In every case I read about, the teen wound up being "romantically involved" with the prom date, and there were even some father/daughter and grandmother/grandson ones. Ew. EA needs to kill this glitch fast.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
Definitely a glitch, it's been all over the boards at the Sims3.com site. And, whatever you do, do NOT accept an invite from that family member. In every case I read about, the teen wound up being "romantically involved" with the prom date, and there were even some father/daughter and grandmother/grandson ones. Ew. EA needs to kill this glitch fast.

Howly freaking cow...
Am I glad to read your post! Thanks dude! Now I'm glad I've deleted that file. What if I didn't do that and also didn't saw it was her grandfather? I almost always let my sims marry the first sim they love and let them make the next generation.
Bah, this can get pretty disturbing.

Frey

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »
WHAT!? I didn't know EA was so open-minded  ;D  ::)

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »
WHAT!? I didn't know EA was so open-minded  ;D  ::)

I know you probably mean well, but you better won't make jokes about this. It's not funny to see sims in the same family fal in love with each other.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »
Yeah, my selfSim's grandson was asked by his uncle (selfSim's son) to the prom. I thought "Okay, that's bizarre" and just cancelled it. I'm glad I didn't accept!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »

*gets traumatizing nightmares* I think it's a bug..it better be. That's creepy.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama