Author Topic: Rules: The Reincarnation Project - Rules  (Read 21130 times)

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
Re: The Reincarnation Project - Rules
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
This sounds really good, I'll be trying it out sometime!  :)
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »
Are you allowed to have more children after the next vessel is born?

As long as you are controlling the Spouse and not the Old Vessel then Yes.

This sounds really good, I'll be trying it out sometime!  :)

Thanks Jessie!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 06:17:47 AM »
I'll definately try this one out, but I got one question.
If we have to have a 'documentation' of the spouses and spares, do we have to have one of each life stage or whatever, or can there be just one eg. 1 photo of Spouse Gen 1? ???
:D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 06:53:09 AM »
Just one per Sim, you choose the life stage. So just a photo of the Spouse as a YA would count.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
Sounds like a great challenge, but I just wanted to clarify a few things.

1: What exactly does it mean to "Secure Your Spirit's Future?"

2: To get the ingredients for Ambrosia, is this what you mean? Say, 1 gets money, 2 gets fruit, 3 gets fish, and 4 makes it. And 1 could not grow fruit, catch fish, or cook it?

3: What exactly is the end of the challenge?

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
Sounds like a great challenge, but I just wanted to clarify a few things.

2: To get the ingredients for Ambrosia, is this what you mean? Say, 1 gets money, 2 gets fruit, 3 gets fish, and 4 makes it. And 1 could not grow fruit, catch fish, or cook it?

The way I perceive it is that the end of the challenge is when the 5th generation is born.
To "secure your spirit's future" is more of a term. I think it mostly refers to reaching the tops of a career. For story reasons, it could mean that by doing those tasks your spirit becomes strong enough to enter a new vessel.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:44 AM »

For whatever reasons you chose, your Spirit was either bannished, lost, trapped or something like that, it now wants to get back to where it used to be or how it used to be. So who or whatever was keeping it away is now gone and it can come back, it still needs to pass some goals to do that, thus securing it's future hold on the real world.

Correct.

Sorry, I realised I hadn't actually written how it ends very well, the Fifth Generation is when the Spirit is reincarnated into it's own body, this body then only has to age up to a Young Adult and eat the Ambrosia. You can either have the Fourth Vessel earn the Fridge from the Culinary Career that never lets Food go off, or you can put it in a Food Replicator. If the Fourth Vessel is still alive and you were unable to get any of these items then I would permit you to use the Fourth Vessel to prepare some Ambrosia. Although I wouldn't plan on doing that, you have a few goals to complete and that might take up a lot of the Fourth Vessels Adult Lifespans and may cause them to be on deaths door at that time.

The way I perceive it is that the end of the challenge is when the 5th generation is born.
To "secure your spirit's future" is more of a term. I think it mostly refers to reaching the tops of a career. For story reasons, it could mean that by doing those tasks your spirit becomes strong enough to enter a new vessel.

Ahk, sorry TallStar! I should have realised my own wordings crossed over, I had written 'the Spirit must eat Ambrosia' but then I put 'the challenge ends when the fifth Generation is born' which doesn't give a clear meaning... However you can age up the Spirit at anytime you wish because their only goal is to survive until they can eat the Ambrosia as a Young Adult. Your idea of 'secure your spirit's future' is good as well, it is securing it's future in all of the four main categories of the social rankings, through Politics/Business, Arts, Military and Knowledge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »
So, each of the vessels need to master a career in one of the four groupings of careers, and each vessel must do a different grouping?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
Correct.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »
And the challenge ends once the fifth vessel is a young adult and eats Ambrosia?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
Yes.

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Ok this is what my brain is not registering properly
Sorry, I realised I hadn't actually written how it ends very well, the Fifth Generation is when the Spirit is reincarnated into it's own body, this body then only has to age up to a Young Adult and eat the Ambrosia. You can either have the Fourth Vessel earn the Fridge from the Culinary Career that never lets Food go off, or you can put it in a Food Replicator. If the Fourth Vessel is still alive and you were unable to get any of these items then I would permit you to use the Fourth Vessel to prepare some Ambrosia. Although I wouldn't plan on doing that, you have a few goals to complete and that might take up a lot of the Fourth Vessels Adult Lifespans and may cause them to be on deaths door at that time.
I see it as each generation only getting one step in making ambrosia without using another generation's ingredient. So how would, let's say, generation 4 cook it?
Is the cook allowed to use all ingredients? Does the cook have to get them? And would the cook have to be generation 4 for this to work?
I'm probably over thinking this.  :-\

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
Ok this is what my brain is not registering properlyI see it as each generation only getting one step in making ambrosia without using another generation's ingredient. So how would, let's say, generation 4 cook it?
Is the cook allowed to use all ingredients? Does the cook have to get them? And would the cook have to be generation 4 for this to work?
I'm probably over thinking this.  :-\

I removed my old post from my Mobile because I think I need to think it through more and be able to explain it better.

My First Vessel is a Gardener and is doing the Science Career, he will supply the Life Fruit, he may also catch a Deathfish but it can not be used in the final Ambrosia. The Rule is purely for Collecting the Ingredient. All Four must do something to be able to create the Ambrosia, however the Cook is able to put all the ingredients together to make the Ambrosia. So the Life Fruit must be Found, Planted and Harvested by one Vessel. The Deathfish must be caught by another, using the Fishermans own bait not anything another Vessel has planted/caught. The Money is a tricky one, I'm going to say that the Vessel must at least have earnt the Value of the Recipe (I don't know off hand) from their Career, Skills or Opportunities. The Cook is the one who must buy the recipe, then gather the Life Fruit and Deathfish to create the Ambrosia and store it somewhere.

Does that help you, TallStar?

I'm getting close to my Second Vessel. Level 8 Career, Maxed Gardening, LTW for Career is Level 9 (Science) and they are just about to turn Adult, now all that is needed is to grow a Life Fruit, Get a Spouse, a Portrait and get a Boy.  :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »
Cool, now I understand it better, too. Does it matter in what order this happens, as long as the cook is last?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »
The Fruit, Fish and Money can be done in any order.