Author Topic: Fixing/Recovering Saved Game - Saved Game Not in Game Launcher or Corrupted  (Read 254531 times)

pologolf

Re: Fixing/Recovering Saved Game - Saved Game Not in Game Launcher or Corrupted
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 11:30:38 AM »
Apologies if this has been covered. I have just had a cursory look over the responses.

My problem is that I went to open a game that I have been working on for ages and my couple were where I left them in bed.

They know longer knew each other! They were married but did not even appear in each other's list of relationships.

All their friends have gone. Their careers have gone. The only option available to them was, "Friendly introduction" which they won't do. They will not start any action.

Oddly enough, their skills and inventories are intact.

Have tried resetsim - nothing.

Help! Restarted the game and the original saved game is now a "ghost" that is not recognised. If someone could talk a (very) computer novice through this there will be many Simoleons!

Best.

Adam

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »
Hi Adam.

This topic is for how to recover a saved game.  I suggest you start a new topic for the problems you're having.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Valion

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 05:44:59 AM »
Thank you so much for this thread! I just lost a save because I had to force exit my Sims 3 because it wouldn't leave "save mode". This is the second time I encountered this. The first was trying to save a copy of my family and lot as what happened recently was it just kept saving after 20 minutes. I gave up and force exited the game. Are these random? Or is it just the game being buggy? Or is it my PC? Although I doubt it since my computer is brand new and has good gaming specs.

Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 06:59:11 AM »
Thank you so much for this thread! I just lost a save because I had to force exit my Sims 3 because it wouldn't leave "save mode". This is the second time I encountered this. The first was trying to save a copy of my family and lot as what happened recently was it just kept saving after 20 minutes. I gave up and force exited the game. Are these random? Or is it just the game being buggy? Or is it my PC? Although I doubt it since my computer is brand new and has good gaming specs.

Thanks!

It's probably the game being buggy.  It happens from time to time.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »
This is not working for me. I was into my Dynasty (surprisingly called dynasty), and then I restarted my computer to find that i could not load the game as "Dynasty cannot be loaded, it may contain some material from an expansion pack that was then removed" or somethign along those lines. It was not a dotted line, but was a grayed out icon with a very faint dotted line. Any help would be greatly appreiated. The backup is not helping.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 08:25:09 PM »
This is not working for me. I was into my Dynasty (surprisingly called dynasty), and then I restarted my computer to find that i could not load the game as "Dynasty cannot be loaded, it may contain some material from an expansion pack that was then removed" or somethign along those lines. It was not a dotted line, but was a grayed out icon with a very faint dotted line. Any help would be greatly appreiated. The backup is not helping.

Please start a new topic for this on the Technical Help board if your were unable to restore the backup file.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

SuperFuzzed

My computer crashed during SIMS 3 game play today. After the PC restarted, I loaded up SIMS 3 and it just showed an outline of a family called "Ramirez" (that's not my family), with the message "Cannot load this game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system".

Can someone help me get my game back??? I tried going to Documents > EA > Saves
and deleting the "twinbrooklav.sim3" and making "twinbrooklav.sim3.backup" the main file (deleting the .backup in the name). But it makes no difference. I still have the same message. Can someone help? :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Hi Superfuzzed and welcome to our Forum.

Please start a new topic for your question on the Technical Help board.  This thread is an instruction thread and not really intended to be a place for discussion of specific problems.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
My computer crashed during SIMS 3 game play today. After the PC restarted, I loaded up SIMS 3 and it just showed an outline of a family called "Ramirez" (that's not my family), with the message "Cannot load this game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system".

Can someone help me get my game back??? I tried going to Documents > EA > Saves
and deleting the "twinbrooklav.sim3" and making "twinbrooklav.sim3.backup" the main file (deleting the .backup in the name). But it makes no difference. I still have the same message. Can someone help? :'(

I have started a thread on that. Couldn't find a solution, but I have not checked it in a while.

Charlie2

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »
Ok, I'm new here and I'm having an issue with my Sims3 game. I'm not sure what happend, but i have lost my sims3 town and people. I tried the Copy Backup file/rename/delete deal, but I did not work. I can see a silolute of my town with the new town name (whateveritwas). I can select it and click play, but i get an error that states,

"A serious error has occurred while loading "whateveritwas.sims3". It strongly recommended that you restart the application"

Im kind of running out of ideas, Can someone help me?

In addition to Sims3, Im running World adventures, High end loft stuff, Ambitions, and Late night.

Thank you,

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Charlie.  I suggest you start a new topic for your question as this is primarily an informational topic, not one for seeking specific answers.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Just wanted to express my thanks for this topic as today I suffered the fatal 'Error 16' message when I tried to save my Dynasty, I thought all was lost as when I exited and reloaded (which works for 'Error 12') the save file was not there at all.  After calling my computer all the names under the sun and finding out that the last save file I had that wasn't corrupt was from 3 weeks ago, I came looking for answers on this forum first and I am so grateful that I found them.  After following the instructions and placing copies of the files on my portable hard drive I was able to recover my saved game that only had 16 minutes of play time missing.

So I thank you and my Sims thank you  ;D
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

BeeGot

Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! And bless you!! I can just kiss you!

Offline TwinSpirit

• Llama Wrangler
  • Know-it-all. In my own mind.
I'm wondering here, if anyone has encountered such a, let's say problem, with save games like I did the other day.
So there I was just playing it like I normally do. Saved and exited. After launching the game later I discovered it prompted me to make a new game, well I thought a corrupt save, but it was still strange cause I had several working ones. Now what I discovered next was that my whole save game folder had been wiped clean. Nothing in there. Peculiar isn't it?
While I have no hope to get those saves back, some suggestions are welcome to keep such an event from happening again.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Sorry to hear that TwimSpirit  :-[

I would suggest that you copy your save folder every so often (once a week or month) and paste it into a separate folder on your computer in my documents (not in the Electronic Arts Folder) or onto an external hard drive.

I tend to back up my saves onto my external hard drive once a week or more frequent if I'm playing a lot.

Hope that helps  :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫