Author Topic: Fixing/Recovering Saved Game - Saved Game Not in Game Launcher or Corrupted  (Read 254320 times)

Awks;P

Thanks Pam will do

PoohBear

Hello,

I did all of the steps that was told but it still didn't work. :/
What happened was my computer created a temporary user and it deleted all of my Sims 3 saved
games so I uninstalled Sims 3 but then I found all of my saved games still on the pc on my C drive.
So I still did all of the steps but it still didn't work.
I love this family and have achieved so much.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks,

April

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Hello,

What happened was my computer created a temporary user and it deleted all of my Sims 3 saved
games so I uninstalled Sims 3 but then I found all of my saved games still on the pc on my C drive.

April

Hi April, welcome to the forum.
Can I just make sure I'm reading this right?
You did the steps with renaming "x.sims3.backup" to "x.sims3", but the computer created a new user and deleted your saves. Then you uninstalled Sims, and found out that the saves were still there. Is that right?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Hello,

April

Welcome to our Forum, April.

You would be better off starting a new topic for this problem on the Technical Help board instead of using this topic for it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

PoohBear

Hi Seabody,

Yeah, sort of.
So what happened was there was my games "Gamet.sims3" and "Gamet.sims3.backup". My computer
would not let me delete the "Gamet.sims3" file so I moved it to the desktop instead and still did the
instructions at the start of the thread with the "Gamet.sims3.backup" file. But it still didn't work. So
I got fed up and installed The Sims 3 on my Mum's pc instead. I did the the instructions at the start of
this thread again and still nothing worked. My game launcher just wanted me to create a new game as
there are no games on that pc yet.

April

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Hi Seabody,

Yeah, sort of.
So what happened was there was my games "Gamet.sims3" and "Gamet.sims3.backup". My computer
would not let me delete the "Gamet.sims3" file so I moved it to the desktop instead and still did the
instructions at the start of the thread with the "Gamet.sims3.backup" file. But it still didn't work. So
I got fed up and installed The Sims 3 on my Mum's pc instead. I did the the instructions at the start of
this thread again and still nothing worked. My game launcher just wanted me to create a new game as
there are no games on that pc yet.

April

Hm, maybe you need Admin privileges on your Computer?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
@Poohbear:

As I noted in the post directly above yours, you would be better to make a separate topic for your problem.  This one isn't for helping with individual problems.  It's an instructional thread.  Please start a new topic for your issue.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

PoohBear

Hi,

Thanks for all your help guys.
It was just me, I realised you had to update the game for it to work.
Anyway thanks again!

April

Silverwingzs

Re: Fixing/Recovering Saved Game - Saved Game Not in Game Launcher or Corrupted
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2011, 04:41:15 AM »
Hi everybody,

I have a huge problem with the save files
This morning I downloaded the new create a pet tool and when I wanted to play the original game my savefiles were gone.
I thought the tool was the problem so I uninstalled it but that didn't fix the problem.
I did some research on the internet and found this site.
I followed Carl's information about the renaming stuff but it didn't solve the problem.
Could someone please help me.

Thanx

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2011, 05:25:08 AM »
Hi Silverwingzs and welcome to the forum.
From what you described, I think your saves may be irrecoverable. I would suggest, if you were to redownload the tool, to back up your saves first! This applies to everyone who wants to download CAP.

milosim

Hello my fellow sims fans. I need help with a problem I had recently with my Sims 3 game:
I got a new external HD and I decided to move my whole Sims 3 game because I was running out of space on my computer. I moved it to the external HD so I could play it from there. The problem is that the game doesn't recognize the "save" folder and my saved games don't appear in the launcher. I think it is because the folder address is not the same. Any idea on how to fix this?

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Hello milosim and welcome to the forum,

I don't think there is any easy and simple way to solve this problem without involving some advanced voodoo trick with computer. And I don't know those tricks myself :-)

Basically, the game store your user's files under the path c:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. And it needs to find your Sims 3 folder there to be able to read it and load its content when you launch the game. So, if you're in dire need of free space on your hard drive, better look for some other files to move on your external drive or archive. You can also try a little Disk Clean up to remove useless files on you computer, although this might not free up enough place.

Good luck!
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Hello my fellow sims fans. I need help with a problem I had recently with my Sims 3 game:
I got a new external HD and I decided to move my whole Sims 3 game because I was running out of space on my computer. I moved it to the external HD so I could play it from there. The problem is that the game doesn't recognize the "save" folder and my saved games don't appear in the launcher. I think it is because the folder address is not the same. Any idea on how to fix this?

Welcome to our Forum, milosim.

It would be best if you start a new topic for your problem.  This topic is primarily an information topic and not really meant to be a place to discuss specific issues that players have.  The Technical Help board is where it should go.  Be sure to put a specific subject so you'll get as much help as possible.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Betta91

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »
Hello!

I've reasently installed the sims 3 pets, and after I did that my game has often "stopped" working. In the middle of a game, it just shuts down and I have to restart everthing (just the game). In that way, I often save my game because I know the game will eventually stop working. But yesterday, I was quitting the game as I was ready to go to bed so I moved my computer (unplugged the computer charger), and in the middle of the "saving" mode, my computer went out of power. So i restarted the computer (well knowing I didn't finish the save in the game) and shut the computer down properly (didn't start the sims 3 again, it takes too long and I was tired!) So when I started my game today, I couldn't find my family! I was upset, because I've reached so far in the game and it would be sad to have lost everything (houses, families etc). And I tried to do what you told in your description, but it didn't work. It seems to be that the entire legacy has some how been deleted from the entire game and folders in the EA documents.

What do I do?! I can't find my familiy anywhere, and the wierd part is that I've saved the family for so many times (because my game shuts down without warning), so it should be somewhere in the EA document folder... but it isn't. Could it be that I somehow deleted my legacy because the computer shut down in the middle of a save?

marymoo1123

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
Hi i just got a laptop and i copied all my folders onto my new laptop and when i go onto the sims 3 game, i can see my saved games but i cannot click them and other worlds i have downloaded i cant go on, it says error i think it's best you quit the game.
I can see all my other downloads ie furni ect i got from the sims 3 website on the game. Just not my saved games and other worlds.
How do i get my saved games to show?

anything