Author Topic: Fixing/Recovering Saved Game - Saved Game Not in Game Launcher or Corrupted  (Read 254317 times)

Offline kcdh6

• Nooboo
Re: Fixing/Recovering Saved Game - Saved Game Not in Game Launcher or Corrupted
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »
Hi! I moved my legacy to a new town and I would like to return to that saved game. I was able to go back one game with the advice on this post but I need to go back one more. I also went into the Sims 3 document and tried to delete IslaParadiso_0x0c50c382.nhd so that just the equivalent Riverview would remain but that just messed up the game. Any advice??

Offline traceyle

• Nooboo
Hi, just want to say thanks for the tips. I have spent almost hundred of hours to play, and it just crash, i thought i lose it and then i see this topic. Thank you so much, now i can continue to play sim3. xD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Welcome to our Forum, traceyle.

I'm glad you were able to recover your game!  In the future, one big thing that will help you is to save multiple copies of your game.  You just use Save As when you're saving the game and give it a different name.  I give mine an extra number in the name, like Portrait Hometown 1, Portrait Hometown 2, Portrait Hometown 3.  I normally have three copies of each game file like that.  Then if you're unable to retrieve a game or a file becomes corrupt, you still have the other copies to fall back on.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CalenteDama

• Nooboo
I am so sorry if this is old bit this has just happened to me, i haven't touched any of the files and all 6 of my saves has the could not be loaded because the game may haven't been saved with missing expansion. I was playing it last night and everything was fine. I tried what was suggested and it did not work. I have created lps of these files and really don't want to tell my viewers i cant continue with the lps because i lost ALL my saves....

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Carl, you just saved my game with this thread! You are now officially my hero! Thank you!

Offline lilylalalulu

• Nooboo
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2014, 05:56:40 AM »
Hey, I'm new here and I know that this is the sims 4 guide but i have a question relating to this topic but on sims 3.
I got an error code 12 and gave up trying to save my game but a few days later when i wanted to play again, y saved game wasn't there at all! I was just wondering if the same steps written above will work for sims 3, i found the file with the saved game in electronic arts... but it isn't showing up on the start menu and there are three files in the saved games folder:
cute coeple.sims3.bad
cute coeple.sims3.bad
cute coeple.sims3.backup
please ignore the saved names of the family, i didn't know what to call it and how to spell back then...
I know it's a long shot trying to reach you here but please help me! I really love this family so much and I don't want to lose them!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »
Hi Lilly,

Yes, the instructions posted on the first page of this thread (Link below) should be helpful in recovering your  saved game.

Topic: Fixing/Recovering Saved Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg9.html#msg9

Simply taking a copy of your cutecouple.backup and renaming it to cutecouple.sims3 should do the trick.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pepoluan

• Nooboo
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2014, 01:18:08 AM »
Just some general tips that saved my noodles many times:

* Install Nraas Saver mod

* Save always with a new name

* Backup the whole "The Sims 3" folder regularly. Especially before installing a new Sims3Pack using the Launcher.

And, preventing the dreaded Code 12 error: Use bcdedit to increase UserVA. Now I very rarely experience Code 12. Only once after increasing UserVA, and that was after playing nonstop for 6+ hours.

Offline Ayomi84

• Nooboo
Hello, been using Carl's The Sims guide a long time and as usual it helped a lot. Thank so much, error code 12 nearly made me lose a ton of progress with my favorite family, but the instructions on the first page really saved them.

Offline kaly2006

• Nooboo
Ok my problem is that I've done this before and now my filed is called WHATEVERITWAS  I was playing last week and sent my sims family to the fair and went to check on my resorts...while I was checking my resorts my computer became very slow so I saved and left but than after re starting my computer and going back into the sims game, it doesn't show my family anymore...it's trying to get me to start a new game...is there any way to fix this? I've spent a very long time on this family and would hate to start from scratch...

Offline giannas79

• Nooboo
Hey!

So I have a major issue, and I'm not sure that it's fixable :'(

Let's start from the beginning!

I have the sims 3, Seasons, Latenight, and the Highend Loft stuff pack. I am getting Island Paradise, Pets, and University in a week for my birthday.

Yesterday afternoon, I was on the main menu, played on one of my many saved games, played for a few hours (2-3), then I saved and quit the game. Now mind you, that game and all the others are not just created sims and pre-made homes, they are multi-generations, and homes built in many days from scratch.

That night, I went onto TheSimsResource.com to download some content from a trusted and safe artist. I download it, then realized that it was a .package file. This wasn't the first time I had seen one, but I didn't have an extracting tool the bring the content into my games. So, I watched a few tutorials on how to download it, then I downloaded 7-zip. I wasn't at all sure which version of 7-zip to install, so I ended up downloading about 3 different ones. Oops... :-[ My computer couldn't process if it was safe to download, but I knew that lots of simmers used it and that it must be safe.

After everything was downloaded, I attempted to install the few .packages that I wanted. But when I went to right click, and apply 7-zip, the option "7-zip ---> extract file" was not there. And I was like, " Hmm? This doesn't make sense!" I was utterly confused and discouraged after I tried about everything, from restarting my computer, to deleting spam files, to deleting all but one version of 7-zip, nothing worked!!

After an hour, I gave up! I just accepted the fact that I'm only meant to download sims3packs :( So, I installed a few things, but then I noticed that all of my previous cc was missing from the launcher!
Everything! I was like, "Huh! Oh god!"

Today afternoon, I went to go play the sims 3 seasons game that I had been working on an LP on for some time now. But when the main menu came up, all my games were gone! Missing!

I immediately flipped, and assumed I broke the computer XD but then shortly found this post of yours and followed the instructions. When I went into documents, electronic arts, sims 3, saves. There were no saved games!! Nothing to restore!

I tried Everything! I don't know what to do now... Please help me!!

I think that 7-zip screwed up my game :'( Not fair!

Thanks So Much!!

- giannas79 <3

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Hi Giannas,

I am not sure what happened with your files, but do have a few questions.

Before you started to install 7-zip and custom content, did you do a backup of your Sims 3 folder? - If you did, I would suggest copying and pasting that back into the Electronic Arts folder.

If not, it may be that you moved your saved games some where else on your hard drive. So try searching your hard drives for you save files by:

Click Start, In the Search Files and Programs box, search for your saved games to see if anything comes up.

Did you perhaps accidentally delete the save game files as you were cleaning up after installing/uninstalling 7-zip and the custom content?

I have listed some reference links below for you to take a look at. They may be useful.

MrsFlynn

==========
Reference Links:

Saves are gone/ Options are reset
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/error-saves-are-gone-options-are-reset.html

Missing saved game files after system restore/please help/SOLVED!
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19622.0
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Geeky Rafiki

• Nooboo
I had a "serious error" and my save file couldn't be loaded. This started happening after my pc crashed yesterday and I had to reset it to a previous state (on windows 7 ultimate). I tried the approach in the first post, which didn't work. I tried several other approaches which I googled, nothing worked.

Then I created a new game and compared its save folder with the corrupted one, noticing that the corrupted only had 2 files in it (as opposed to 3 in the new save folder), missing the "meta.data". It was missing in both current save, same as the backup one. I copied this file from another save folder into the one I wanted to play and it fixed the problem. I've had another, older save that I used for it's meta.file, but they all seem to be 2KB so it might not even matter whether it's a brand new save or an older one.

My apologies if this was already mentioned somewhere here, I'm just hoping I may help somebody who has the same issue as me and didn't want to read the whole 5 pages of posts in here.

anything