Author Topic: Rules: Big Brother: The Sims 3 Rules  (Read 37232 times)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
Rules: Big Brother: The Sims 3 Rules
« on: August 23, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
So, here's the rules for my project. I hope you all enjoy!

Welcome to... Big Brother!

The Object: To have eight sims live in one household, eliminating one each week, until one remains.

The Setup:
1. Eight Sims. 4 male, 4 female. All random. You can't pick traits, looks,styles, or anything unless it's majorly important.
2. Aging off. Some people don't like aging off, I get it. But, random birthdays all around is not the point here. No birthdays would be preferred. If you would like, set the aging bar to epic.
3. A house needs to be fit to their needs. No electronics. Burglar alarms are allowed and encouraged. As are fire alarms. No skill items.
4. After all sims are in the house, all gates and doors are locked, so no people may get in or out.
5. If you would like a butler, you may hire one when you enter the house.
6. The HoH room is an important edition to the house. It will be the luxury room. Electronics are allowed here and only here. It will include a private bathroom. The catch? It's locked to the current HoH and the butler (Seperate doors, if you have a butler).

The Rules:
1. There will be very little interaction between you and your sims. If they are in the red, you may intervene so no one will die. Freewill is a powerful force.
2. Every Monday, skilling items will be introduced to the house. Every Wednesday, they will be taken away. Whoever gains the most skill will become the 'Head of Household'.
3. The HoH has a very important job. On Thursday, whichever two sims in the house who have the least amount of relationship with the HoH will be put up for eviction.
4. On Sunday, every houseguest will be voting towards who stays and who goes from the house. They vote for whoever has the least relationship with them. Whoever has the most votes will leave the house.
5. The fifth rule is optional. If you find that the 'Stir Crazy' moodlet it really annoying and need it gone, send them out on a trip after eviction. If not, keep them in the house. It's up to you.

I hope everyone has as much fun with this as I had writing it!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Big Brother: The Sims 3 Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:22:17 PM »
If you give everyone the hates the outdoors trait they won't get the stir crazy moodlet.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:30:05 PM »
i did not know that. But considering these are random sims, I don't think that could be added to the ruleset.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:55:44 PM »
Since the challenge isn't being scored or ranked, would it be OK to fudge the rules just a little? The main challenge would be the same of course, but if I played it I might want to change some little things (namely, being able to choose the appearance of the Sims). Changes to the challenge could be listed in the first post of the story.

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:56:40 PM »
Yeah I wanted to do something similar but with harsher living conditions.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »
Sure guys! The rules can be messed around with, that was the point! The main basis is clear, and I might come up with scoring later. Possibly. Certain rules were made to be broken. I just hope everyone has fun with it!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:07:15 AM »
I've been having fun with this. You don't give rules for what to do about clogged toilets, etc., so I put my HoH to work. I think the first one to go is going to be the hot-headed, mean-spirited one. He's already gotten into one fist fight.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 07:20:49 AM »
Personally I just delete broken plumbing and replace it. It gives the Simmies a bit more time to themselves.  :)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »
Ausette's way to deal with the plumbing is perfect, but I personally just set one sim to do it, and when he gets evicted, set antoher. Or get a butler.

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »
Is the HoH the HoH from Wednesday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Monday?
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »
This looks really fun. I used to really love Big Brother!! I do know, HoH is for one week, so Wednesday to Wednesday. I will be using make needs static though, if I decide to play.  ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Question. What do you do if one person is the only one that gains skills during the 2 day period? First week, I made her HoH, but it's Wednesday again and she's the only one that gained skills again. Also, just a note I have not been using make needs static!! *waiting for gasps of shock to stop* But I have dragged a bar or 2(or 3, maybe 4 haha). Plus I've had to use money cheats because none of them are working. Also, you can only lock the doors to everyone, everyone but one, and everyone but the household. The front gate is locked to everybody, but I had to let the HoH lock the room to everyone but her. On a fun note, I've had people slapping people, yelling at people, fighting, skinny dipping, getting in other people's ways, breaking things, and in general being very hilarious to watch. Free will is awesome without make needs static!!

Sportsfan

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
For mine I just made it a longer skill gaining period so there's more time for sims to gain skills.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 09:33:05 PM »
Esther: Either make the skill gaining period longer, or force them all to skill gain and wait about half a sim day. Some will stop, but others will continue, leaving one victorius. And yes, free will does cause sims to be both awesomely hilarious and fun to watch.  ;D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
If you don't want to interfere with free will, try removing most of the fun items for the challenge period. I like to leave one group item, like the hot tub, so Sims will at least build relationships while they're slacking off.  :)

anything