Author Topic: Rules: Big Brother: The Sims 3 Rules  (Read 37254 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Big Brother: The Sims 3 Rules
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:48 PM »
Ok Ann, I'll force them for a little while. I've got the rules down, and I've got an awesome system working and don't want to have to make it longer. I know, without me controlling them, they are hilarious. I'm laughing almost the whole time playing the house haha. Even though it is a little annoying when their bladder need is low and they would rather scare someone than use the bathroom. ::) And excellent idea Ausette! I've got a giant room where I add all the skill items, than remove them after the 2 days, but I didn't remove the fun stuff when putting the skill stuff in. Thanks! And great tip about the hot tub but knowing my luck they will still skinny dip instead of skill.  :(

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »
 "A house needs to be fit to their needs...No skill items."

To fit their needs, they have to get a stove, but this is also a skill item. Can we place a stove at the start of the game?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 01:56:00 AM »
The way I'm doing that, I bought them a stove, but I'm not counting the cooking skill as part of HoH. But, Ann can clarify, I hope I didn't break the rules! They don't have a microwave since it's an electronic.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
Stoves do not count. Unless you are planing on only using Quick Meals, or Autumn Salad, stoves are a must. And I forgot about the microwave being electronic! Well, the main point of that rule was to make them more secluded. So, no Esther, all the rules are still intact. And I applaud you for not using Make Needs Static!

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »
I really, really like this challenge! So much, in fact, that I'm playing now! ;D Thank you so much, I might even start a story about it...
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »
The HoH room is an important edition to the house. It will be the luxury room. Electronics are allowed here and only here. It will include a private bathroom. The catch? It's locked to the current HoH and the butler (Seperate doors, if you have a butler).
Did you mean locked to everyone but the current HoH and the butler? If you haven't, I've got it wrong :-[ Ah well, slight rule modification for my game, ah well! ;D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »
Did you mean locked to everyone but the current HoH and the butler? If you haven't, I've got it wrong :-[ Ah well, slight rule modification for my game, ah well! ;D

My interpretation is that it is locked so only the HoH and Butler can get in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »
Stoves do not count. Unless you are planing on only using Quick Meals, or Autumn Salad, stoves are a must. And I forgot about the microwave being electronic! Well, the main point of that rule was to make them more secluded. So, no Esther, all the rules are still intact. And I applaud you for not using Make Needs Static!
Awesome! Thanks, I was going to at first, but I remembered another thread that talked about free will being kinda turned off when all needs are static, so I settled for dragging the bars if I have too, but I'm trying not to even do that. I only do it when they are in the red and don't seem to know where the fridge, bathrooms and beds are.  ::) It's really alot of fun, but I know if I was playing a normal game where I skill them hard I couldn't use that method but it's working great for this game!!
I had to do it that way too, so you're not the only one.
EDIT: Hehe Seabody did it too!  ;D

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
Yes, I mean lock it to where only the HoH and butler (if you have one) can enter. Just so the butler can clean in there and stuff. And, so no other guests are allowed to watch tv. The television actually makes it easier for the current HoH can't be HoH the following week. They're usually glued to it. Well, in my test run, they were.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 08:26:34 PM »
EDIT: Hehe Seabody did it too!  ;D

Correction: Will do it too.
I haven't started yet, but I will. I'm feeling a little sick today.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 03:53:47 AM »
I've started and will post my story soon.

Just a quick question, in your game after a skill week do you keep one or two of the skill items in the house?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »
You may keep some skill items. I would not, because it provides distraction, but you can if you please.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 12:02:15 PM »
Can you tell me if this is correct? I don't really want to break more rules than neccessary (I use motherlode too much).

I have just made a big box house, decorated black, white and grey (other than the HoH's room). They have the cheapest bunkbeds-4 of them, so room for eight-and some sleeping bags, as everybody refuses to sleep on the top bunk. I will be getting rid of the sleeping bags, though. There are no pictures, sculptures, entertainment items, electronics, etc. In fact, the only thing they can do is socialize except on Mondays to Wednesdays. The HoH room has everything anyone would want; they hate it when it's change-over time! :D Is this okay? Not like I can change much from the last week, anyhow, and there are only 7 sims now.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »
Perfect Jessie! Motherlode is an overused cheat in this challenge anyway. Your sims are supposed to have lots of money, just because they might want an awesome house.

Oh did I forget to put something in the rule set? What I always do is give one sim the 'No Bills' LTR. Some people just put the mailbox in the fence (such as my sister), but it is so much easier without bills.

Sportsfan

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »
Well you have like unlimited money so you don't really need to worry about the bills you can just pay them at the last minute.

anything