Author Topic: Rules: Big Brother: The Sims 3 Rules  (Read 37504 times)

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
Re: Big Brother: The Sims 3 Rules
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »
I doubt the repoman could get past my endless fences :D The Paparazzi can, somehow...
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 04:23:36 PM »
I have another question, once it's gets down to five Sims, it's harder to eliminate. Like, what if the two Sims who aren't HoH or being up for elimination disagree on who to eliminate? Then how does it go from there? Especially when there's three left?
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
I have another question, once it's gets down to five Sims, it's harder to eliminate. Like, what if the two Sims who aren't HoH or being up for elimination disagree on who to eliminate? Then how does it go from there? Especially when there's three left?

In those cases, the Head of Houshold gets the last say. I flip a coin if the relationships are the same. When you get down to two Sims, you'll have to come up with a special challenge. Like going by Lifetime Happiness points, or getting the readers to vote.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
Exactly Ausette! With endless simoleons, it is really easy to pay bills. It just seems very tedious to have one sim be out of their endless rampage of freewill...

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »
Thanks for the clarification that the stove is not a skill item, however I didn't know that cooking is not considered a skill point, I started rewarding the Sim as HOH who had the first skill point in cooking (only she had it), plus she developed two friends in Week 1. I didn't expect her to be the HOH, I thought she was just a pretty face!

Is the bookcase considered a skill item? It's the object I added after one week.  What about a swimming pool?

I also need to ask, what do you mean each Sim gets to vote on who has the least relationship with them? They vote by us taking notes and do the elimination by tallying. Is this correct?

I find that he art skill items (easel, guitar, etc) are unfair for the others who do not have a random virtuoso trait (I have two Sims with the virtuoso traits). Anyway, I will still put them in on the following weeks.

I modified the game a little bit, I document those Sims who do a good deed by free will and give them extra points for consideration during eviction. Good deeds mean cooking a group meal, so no one will starve; taking out the trash, mopping the floor, doing the dishes, doing the laundry.  A Sim member of the household was saved despite of her low relationships rating because of the number of good deeds she has done. The first Sim who got thrown out had low relationship points, no skills, and no good deed recorded - he was a couch potato.

I play without needs static and no butler. So far no one Congrats for the game! It's fun and I always love high free will and no aging in the game.  ;D

Sportsfan

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »
I guess the bookcase and swimming pool could be counted.

The voting means you look at the relationship panel and they vote for the sim they have the lowest relationship with. You tally the votes.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 11:16:59 PM »
I don't count the pool. Usually, the sims get exhausted (or fatigued... whatever) before the skill bar goes up very much. If it really matters, give them the pool on athletic week.

Bookcases count. Sims could randomly grab a skilling book. But, you could remove those books. So, no skill books, but bookcases are good.

I had a sim with the Savvy Sculptor trait, yet he didn't win HoH. So, the specific skill traits only count if they work towards them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »
I've never had a Sim pick up a skill book on free will. They'll read The Adventures of Raymundo for the 25th time instead.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Sportsfan

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 10:09:33 PM »
You could always open the bookshelf and sell/delete all the ones you don't want.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
That's what I would do. Get the books out, put them on the ground or in an inventory, and SELL them.

P.S.- My sims have picked up the dreaded skilling books, just because there were none left. So, get many books, just so they don't go bookless and crazy.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2012, 02:52:41 AM »
I love the idea of a big brother house!  I've started it and have a terrible group of housemates!  hahah!  that Randomizer is so mean.  I think half my Sims are Grumpy, and the other half insane.  The mean-spirited on is also the one who skills up most and becomes HoH... and he hates everyone so picking two for eviction is hard (Since I want to kick him out!!) 

I may post a story later about it!

Thanks for the great idea!
:)

Offline Lhb

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »
This is something completely different from my usual game play. I've already run several groups through to see how they would react. Amoung other things I gave them only 4 double beds so if they wanted to sleep they'd have to be friends with someone. I ran the same group through several times and got totally different results.  I did not particularly make life easy for them and used their happiness as a tie breaker.

jadefarnill

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
I love this idea! I'm starting a celeb big brother house! I'm using a random traits set though. can't wait to us ethe new free will with my sims!

frozenbeat

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 01:03:16 AM »
Hello! I'm currently starting a Big Brother Challenge with random traits Sims,
I'm looking for a set of rules to follow, to serve as a guide while playing,
 can I use the rules you have for my challenge,
and can I also tweak it a little bit, to fit my playing style. Thank you! :D

World peace.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
Yeah, sure you can, frozenbeat. Several people have tweaked them, I have tweaked them.

Lhb, what I love about this challenge that is that it's almost always different. Most challenges are, but the changes are drastic. Like if everyone in your house is friendly, eliminations are hard because everyone loves everyone. But if everyone is mean-spirited or evil or divas or whatever, it makes the gameplay really dynamic. You can't get the same results.

I just want to thank everyone for playing this challenge and for your feedback. It really means the world to me.

anything