Author Topic: The Building Contests 2011/2012- Rules and Instructions  (Read 25992 times)

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
Re: The Building Contests - Rules and Instructions
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »
Just to get inspiration. I live out in the country (kind of), and so I have next to no idea what townhouses are meant to look like.

At least I am not the only one who had to google townhouses.  There aren't really townhouses where I live either.  You could take most of the houses in my town, plop them in the middle of 20 acres and they'd fit right in.  ;D

This should be a fun contest, though.  I can't wait to get started. :D

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
New Rule: Custom Patterns are Not Allowed, this is simply because they do not always transfer well and can look messy once downloaded. (Patterns made in Creat a Pattern)
Thank God I visited this thread first thing, I was just about to upload my house and it had a custom pattern in it!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 08:35:38 PM »
Wow, this is great!
Thanks to samoht, and everyone else who has organized this great event to return to the forum!
Have fun guys, and although I'm really not much of a builder, I'll be sure to be viewing and voting very enthusiastically.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2011, 04:09:23 AM »
Thank God I visited this thread first thing, I was just about to upload my house and it had a custom pattern in it!!

It isn't really a major problem it's more just because it might not display properly if anyone downloads it and might lower your chances. For everyone else check this thread and the Contest Thread before you upload, just to make sure nothing has changed.

If you want an example of how to layout your Entry, take a look at how TallStar has posted her entry, that is how you should lay out your entry.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2011, 06:19:18 AM »
Before I start on landscaping my house, are we allowed to use buydebug to get access to plants? (Plants as in Lime Trees)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2011, 06:28:27 AM »
Yes, you can use BuyDebug to get Plants, although try to stick mainly to Base Game plants if you can.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2011, 06:29:03 AM »
Yes, you can use BuyDebug to get Plants, although try to stick mainly to Base Game plants if you can.
Thanks for the very quick reply! I'll get really working now!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »
And how about sculptors, are we allowed to use BuyDebug sculptors ?
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »
And how about sculptors, are we allowed to use BuyDebug sculptors ?

I see no reason why not.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
As far as the 'free store content' is concerned, does it have to be always free? Or can it be something that has been on a promotion - I saw in the free stuff thread that the fairy stuff was free (I think it was that one). If we can use anything that has been confirmed 'free' at some point in the 'free stuff' thread, it will make it easier for me to sort my content, and there will be more stuff we can use :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
Chuckles, your free content needs to be free during the time that the contest in running, so that when people click on your link to the store content they can download it for free if they want it.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Chuckles_82

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »
Thanks Lilygirl :) Just incase anyone else asks, I guess that would also apply to items that are no longer available - if they can't be downloaded from the store, then they are a no-go?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2011, 06:02:43 AM »
Just incase anyone else asks, I guess that would also apply to items that are no longer available - if they can't be downloaded from the store, then they are a no-go?

It's as Lilygirl said, to be allowed they have to be available to download and be free to download at the time of the Contest, if the Items get taken off or are not downloadable after the voting has finished that's fine. Some people may wish to download the Entries for a closer look before they vote.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2011, 05:20:38 AM »
We have made a decision about Multiple Entries and we have decided not to allow them, this is because they do disadvantage the builders who only have the time to build one entry. For that reason we are not allowing more than one entry, the limit is One Entry per Contest, the rule has been added to the First Post.

We are also going to ask everyone to double check their Entries before they enter the contests, for Store Content. If you do find Store Content or wish to change your Entry please contact myself and Lilygirl before doing so.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:47 PM »
I was looking through the Swap Shop today trying to find a nice park and I noticed it's harder to find other lots for having to weed out all the contest builds.
I was wondering if maybe the contest builds should have their own thread instead of being lumped in with the Houses and Lots thread or I can see the contest builds taking over that thread as more contest come along.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything