Author Topic: The Building Contests 2011/2012- Rules and Instructions  (Read 25979 times)

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
Re: The Building Contests - Rules and Instructions
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »
I would agree with grimsoul, you can creat a specifique thread in the swapshop for each contest, with links to all entries and a overview picture of the house (build) like the one in my signature, it would be neat and cool
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
I was looking through the Swap Shop today trying to find a nice park and I noticed it's harder to find other lots for having to weed out all the contest builds.
I was wondering if maybe the contest builds should have their own thread instead of being lumped in with the Houses and Lots thread or I can see the contest builds taking over that thread as more contest come along.
I would agree with grimsoul, you can creat a specifique thread in the swapshop for each contest, with links to all entries and a overview picture of the house (build) like the one in my signature, it would be neat and cool

Thank you for raising this issue with us, we're discussing it now and will ask Carl what he thinks we should do with the entries.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »
There have been a few cases of multiple images being edited into one image. Each of those edited in counts as however many are edited in. If you had an image with three screenshots from the game edited in then it would count as three images.

Also please try to edit the details of your lot to include the Lot name and description, this is to make it easier for those who download your Entry, so they can find out the info needed in their library.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
There is now a new Board made by Carl for all Contest Submissions, for those who have already submitted then you don't have to do anything for now. Contest Submissions Board.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 08:33:57 PM »
Sorry about the comments on the other thread, Thomas.  We didn't know about this situation or that Carl had approved a board for contest entries.  If you want, I can move the earlier entries to the new board.  Let me know.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2011, 02:14:55 AM »
I'm unsure as to if moving the threads will break the links to people Swap Shop Threads? They will eventually have to be moved. Thank you for the offer Pam, if you could move them then I could relink them for people after school tonight.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2011, 12:38:26 AM »
I'm unsure as to if moving the threads will break the links to people Swap Shop Threads? They will eventually have to be moved. Thank you for the offer Pam, if you could move them then I could relink them for people after school tonight.

I don't think it will break the links.  I just moved all the contest entries that I could find and put them on the contest board in the Swap Shop.  Let me know if I missed any.  Also, you might want to think about asking the contestants to add the name or the number of the building contest to the subject line of the post.  It would help when folks are browsing the Swap Shop.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
I don't think it will break the links.  I just moved all the contest entries that I could find and put them on the contest board in the Swap Shop.  Let me know if I missed any.  Also, you might want to think about asking the contestants to add the name or the number of the building contest to the subject line of the post.  It would help when folks are browsing the Swap Shop.
Thanks Pam for moving the threads!
I checked my link and it hasn't broken. It definitely would help having the number of the contest in the name.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Choccolatee

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:45 AM »
My link wasn't broken either.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2011, 05:54:34 AM »

I had added that to the Rules and Instructions for Posting after Contest 1 was closed, although I didn't let everyone know. I've posted in both Contest Threads for people to edit their Swap Shop Download Posts, I see some people already have which is good. Thanks for moving all the Contest Entries as well Pam!  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 12:06:36 AM »
@samoht04:

I thought I had mentioned this already, but I don't see it anywhere.  What about contestants putting a link to the Swap Shop as their submission instead of posting the description and 10 screenshots in the specific contest submission thread.  It would be easier to navigate and it would look more tidy.  If I've already mentioned this to you, then please disregard.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:46 AM »
@samoht04:

I thought I had mentioned this already, but I don't see it anywhere.  What about contestants putting a link to the Swap Shop as their submission instead of posting the description and 10 screenshots in the specific contest submission thread.  It would be easier to navigate and it would look more tidy.  If I've already mentioned this to you, then please disregard.

Pam, I'm going to answer as Tom is probably in bed. We wanted contestants to post their actual submission in the specific contest thread in order to keep all the submissions in one thread for the sake of ease in the voting - looking through one thread versus multiple (20 as seen in our first contest!) Swap Shop threads. Also, having all the submissions posted in one thread is suppose to make requests for contest specific comments easier and tidier after the voting closes. I do see that the contest thread would be tidier and easier to navigate using your suggestion but I think it makes voting/commenting less user friendly. Tom and I will have to talk about this option and we'll keep you posted on this, Pam.

Tom, feel free to add anything I missed or got wrong/not quite right.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »
Tom, feel free to add anything I missed or got wrong/not quite right.

Another reason is that the rest of the Swap Shop Threads are just for the Downloads, they are not really anything to do with the actual voting and deciding the winner of that contest, although required to be uploaded they are not required to be downloaded and so are optional for the voters.

Pam, I'm going to answer as Tom is probably in bed.

Lol, you were correct.  :D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 02:33:52 AM »
Please can we keep the Posts in the Contest Threads to a minimum, we do not want extra posts cluttering up the Submissions part of the Thread. If you have any Questions please PM me and Lilygirl, if we feel they would benefit everyone else then we will make a post about it.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2011, 01:37:24 PM »
The No Comments Rule extends to Swap Shop Threads as well as in the Entries Thread. Current Contest Swap Shop Threads have been locked. At the end of a Contest those threads will be unlocked for Comments. Any comments that have already been posted are being looked at and may or may not be removed. If anyone taking part in the Contests can now Lock their Swap Shop Threads when they post them that would be of great help.

anything