Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 327363 times)

Dellena

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
Arabians :)  Mom is standing behind him (Alexa) and she's a Jumping Star (maxed out jumping and racing).

Candy2550

« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
Dellena,

I love the coloring of your mare and foal.. beautiful!!

I have a question about "expanding."  When you purchase another lot and make it a community horse ranch lot how do you put new horses or sims on the lot?  I didn't think they could live on community lots so im a little confused.  Thanks for any advice!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
I think that's a question for Mary.  However, I believe horses CAN use the stalls on community lots (therefore, someone in an apartment could 'board' their horse at one of the large equestrian facilities.  Mary is the one who's expanded her ranch onto two other lots but they are community lots.  Although I believe her plan is for the daughter to take over one of the lots (she would revert it to being a residential lot).

What I've done is I have the Fitzwilliam Darcy ranch and then his son, Alexander, married and started his own ranch right next door.  Eventually, I think one of the grandchildren will take over the lot across the street and with MAJOR renovations, will also start his own ranch.  But that's a ways down the road.

Candy2550

« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »
Hopefully Mary can correct me if I'm wrong but the horses on the community lots still count in the maximum of 6the horses you are allowed to have?

Dellena,  so you only play one ranch but your sims currently live on 2 different lots?  Can you breed the horses from your active ranch with the horses on the other ranch?

Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your help!

Dellena

« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »
Yes, I play one ranch at a time but have two lots in the town.  I haven't tried to breed to one of the horses on the father's ranch.  Might have to try that at some point.  If your Sim invited over the whole household (which should bring the horses too) then I'm thinking it would be possible (if there's a high enough relationship) for one horse to initiate "Try for Foal" with a visiting horse.  I'm also wondering if that would work when the Unicorn visits.  If you had a mare that got a good relationship with the Unicorn, could she Try for Foal with him (if it's a male, of course).

Dellena

« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:43 PM »
So I decided to start a thread in the Shop and Swap of the Darcy Ranch Offspring.  So if you really like on of the foals, you can (in essence) take one home.  I'll upload them once they reach adulthood and have lost the untrained trait (generally takes just a couple days).

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7722.0

Here's Stargazer after he grew up:

This was early in the morning so the lighting is a little odd.

Alexa is expecting again. ;)  After this next foal, I might try getting Parsifal over and see if I can get Try for Foal done with him.  He's a Champion Racer and she's a Jumping Star.  I'm curious what the foal will sell for.

Dellena

« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2011, 05:05:59 AM »
And here's the most recent addition:

Lunar
Sire - Diablo; Dam - Alexa
Birth Traits: Obedient, Friendly, Untrained

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2011, 09:14:03 PM »
So I managed to get Fitzwilliam to visit Alexander's ranch with Parsifal.  Alexa still had a high enough relationship with Parsifal (they'd mated before when living on the same ranch) to get the Romantic: Try for Foal interaction.  However, when she tried it, everyone acted like she was being unfaithful and it didn't work.  So apparently, horses living on the same lot can mate with other stable mates just fine with no jealousy, but not with a horse from outside the home.  Maybe if she was the only horse living on the lot it might have worked.  Not sure.  So my only option for mating horses together from the two ranches would be to use Edit Town and evict on of the horses from one ranch and add it to the other - at least until the deed is done. :D

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2011, 09:33:10 AM »
Mephisto has won his first Race and Show Jumping. The trophies are already decorating the trophy room.

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2011, 08:00:49 PM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to build a cross country course along the tracks around Appaloosa Plains.  It would be so cool to go for a ride and train jumping out in the community.

Dellena

« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »
Intriguing.  You'd have to place some community lots out in the 'country' and then place jumps on the lots.  Could be fun to try to do that.  Now I have yet another project. :D

Update:  I successfully added a small community lot (visitors allowed) out in the country in my Appaloosa Plains (not near any road).  I added a wall jump along with some fencing and some trees/bushes to blend it into the surrounding area.  It looks pretty good. :)  Now I'll have to look at other areas to do that.  Cool idea, Banksia!

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:08 AM »
Oh please please please post some picks and maybe the swap shop?

Dellena

« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
These were so easy to build, I'm sure you can do the same:

Both of these are 40 x 20 lots, Community (visitors allowed).  Just level out a long enough strip for the jumps.  Then place a couple jumps.  Then I used the soften terrain tool to soften any edges from flattening that strip.  Place some trees and bushes and presto, you're done. :)  By the way, I testing these out and I'm able to queue up my horse to jump two of these lots but it won't let you queue up a third.  I placed my lots on the low land, river part of town where there's a lot of open space.

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »
Those look excellent!  Thanks

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2011, 10:06:31 AM »
Greetings everyone, I've been avidly following this thread for awhile, but only recently made an account. I am an enthusiastic Sims 3 player, however I haven't gotten Sims 3 Pets as I'm not sure if it will accept my graphics card.  :-[ But I hope to get it soon nonetheless, so I take pleasure in reading what everybody else is doing. Please post everything that is happening on your ranches, & give me lots of pictures! Thanks
 ~Miss Estella

anything