Author Topic: Adding pets to pre-existing families  (Read 66793 times)

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
Adding pets to pre-existing families
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:08:31 AM »
I've finally mananged to download Pets (yay!) after it taking all day yesterday but I've not had chance to play it yet. I was just wondering if those who have the game could tell me how to add pets to a pre-existing family. Is it just through the adoption route or could you go into CAP and then merge it with the particular household? 

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Adding pets to pre-existing families
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 04:12:40 AM »
You can Adopt a Cat or a Dog for free Via the Telephone and choose from the Animals they have, you can change Coats (Colours and Shapes) also Names. Or you can make Pets in CAP and merge with the household, including Dogs, Cats or Horses. Or you can adopt a stray.

Horses can be bought from the Equestrian Centre or adopted from the Wild (Needs Level 8 Riding for the Sim). Price of a Horse depends on it's traits I think.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 04:39:09 AM »
Thanks for replying so quickly Samoht04! So just as I thought then? Great. Looking forward to getting the children into bed and then I can play!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »
Also if you want to make your perfect-or imperfect pet- you could go to edit town, click Create A Sim, start creating your pet. The there will be a message that you can't play with them but you could add them to an existing household.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »
I created a dog and a cat in CAS and added them to a pre-existing family. They came along with $15,000! I believe this method gives a much bigger sum of money than creating pets along with a family in CAS.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »
You can Adopt a Cat or a Dog for free Via the Telephone and choose from the Animals they have, you can change Coats (Colours and Shapes) also Names. Or you can make Pets in CAP and merge with the household, including Dogs, Cats or Horses. Or you can adopt a stray.

Horses can be bought from the Equestrian Centre or adopted from the Wild (Needs Level 8 Riding for the Sim). Price of a Horse depends on it's traits I think.

You need level 8 riding to adopt a horse from the wild? Oh no that means a whole new strategy for my current game!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
You need level 8 riding to adopt a horse from the wild? Oh no that means a whole new strategy for my current game!

Yeah, isn't it annoying? And my wild horse wouldn't join the family even with 8 riding skill and a perfect relationship :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 06:13:54 AM »
 Thanks all. I could have sworn though that when phoned up to adopt a pet there was an option to adopt a horse as well as a cat and dog? I didn't look though as I wanted a kitten.

I also tried going into edit town and then entering CAS through the create a household button but that then makes me create a sim as well as a pet. Is there any way i can just create a pet to merge into a household, i don't want a random stranger in my house too!!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 06:30:34 AM »
When you go into CAS, if you click on premade sims, you can then choose to just make an animal.  It will be on the left of the panel. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 06:44:07 AM »
If you add a new Sim then click whatever Species you want, it opens a new tab. Along the bottom go to the extra Sims picture, click on the dots and select the delete Sim option, then you're left with just the Pet.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 07:21:52 AM »
Thanks I'll go have a try now.