Author Topic: Burglars in Appaloosa Plains  (Read 2528 times)

joneswk

Burglars in Appaloosa Plains
« on: October 27, 2011, 04:15:21 AM »
I hope I'm putting this in the right category...

I started a new game in Appaloosa Plains: one sim who is brave, athletic and mean spirited, and two dogs who both have the loyal trait.

And somehow this house is a magnet for the burglar. She manages to make an appearance almost every day, and some days she makes more than one appearance. When she's lucky, the dogs scare her away. When she's not so lucky my sim beats her up. The days when she's really she shows up two times and gets beaten up twice. And she always walks away empty handed.

But I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience with Appaloosa Plains or any of the other cities.

Still, I find it gratifying to give those burglars their comeuppance.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Re: Burglars in Appaloosa Plains
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »
I have been playing in AP as well but in my current game which is at around week 3 I have only seen one burglar and it was very recent. At least week 2 but probably closer to week 3!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Beelz

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:36:06 AM »
Played in AP for a little while now and the only time I get a burglar appear is if i set the dog to 'Guard House'.
That seems to force 1 to come.

My painter and another character have never seen one with no pet at all.

Faissl

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »
And somehow this house is a magnet for the burglar. She manages to make an appearance almost every day
I have almost the same problem, but my sim leaves alone with his horse, I'm always using this old technique from the sims 2 (moveObjects on then burglar alarm in every corner) that was supposed to stop the burglar before even entering the lot, but now I get the notification that police failed to catch the burglar
the horse is aggressive by the way which supposed to scare burglars also, but no good :(
my sim is a private-eye-class investigator, all these robberies must be bad to his reputation!