Author Topic: Relationships with wild horses  (Read 17950 times)

Offline Summers

• Occult
Relationships with wild horses
« on: October 28, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »

I didn't have the red No sign on the horse's head when I was just an acquaintance with him.
Since being a friend of him, he started to make a noise with that no sign.
Do you have any idea for this?  He was very hungry. So I just made the granular for horse at home and fed him.
But he still makes that sign even after being fed. Also other wild horses make that No sign for me too.

My traits are just normal like bookworm, athletic,perfectionist,brave and lucky.
What causes that problem? Would you share your idea with me?
I really want to get him as my pet with NO CHEAT.
I don't like to use a cheat to approach anything.
He looks fantastic.  Thank you.:)

Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
Re: Relationships with wild horses
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »
Hmm.... Usually when I get that sign from a Sim or an animal, it's because I'm in the way of something that they want to do. (i.e. Blocking a bathroom door.) I've even seen that particular image appear when I was trying to brush a horse that I was BFF with and it was having a pathing issue as it tried to position for my sim to do so. Were you attempting an interaction at the time it popped up? Did the horse immediately turn away and start walking?
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
Hmm.... Usually when I get that sign from a Sim or an animal, it's because I'm in the way of something that they want to do. (i.e. Blocking a bathroom door.) I've even seen that particular image appear when I was trying to brush a horse that I was BFF with and it was having a pathing issue as it tried to position for my sim to do so. Were you attempting an interaction at the time it popped up? Did the horse immediately turn away and start walking?

It seems you're right. I found they can't move in the narrow region. 
After escaping from the park, the horse didn't pop up the No sign.
Yes definitely it was for getting a path to move.:) I recognized it after posting this.:)

He popped up the No sign after being fed from me. Actually, he and I were in the fishing park beside the park with a waterfall.
I quit the game a few mins ago so can't remember the name of the park but it's the place some wild horses like to have a nap at night.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 01:20:57 AM »

Whoa, that's what that crossed-head-in-circle bubble means? That means that the wild horse I was trying to tame is not simply being ornery when he says no to joining the family, he just isn't in a good position to approach my sim! What a revelation! Thank you for the tip - I'd nearly given up on wild horses entirely. I'll have to catch the horse on a flat area. :)

vodacat

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 04:10:34 AM »
What pallyndrome said! Awesome! I too was getting those "thought bubbles" from all the wild horses my toon is trying to charm, and eventhough I've just reached "friends" status with one of them, it still looked like that horse completely and utterly detested having me around.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 08:56:43 PM »
The "no" thought is not just because the path is blocked.  You can be in a wide open field and still get it.  What it takes is a tremendous amount of patience.  You "watch wild horse" for days.  Horse will still say "no" but your options change a bit.  Next step is have produce, apples and carrots preferably, in your inventory.  Select "feed produce".  You don't go up to the horse.  You just select that option and your Sim should start yelling, (calling) and waving an arm.  The horse MIGHT come up to you.  If it does it MIGHT show you an apple or carrot thought bubble at which point you can feed the produce and maybe even quickly select petting it's neck.  Not always though.  After eating the horse will hate you again. lol   So it's back to "watch horse" for a bit, then another feed produce.  It sometimes takes several tries of feeding produce.  After days of this, (and watching the horse while it sleeps is really good, you almost always get a friend sign after that if you do not wake the horse), you'll start seeing the horse with a thought bubble with a smiling carrot or apple.  This is his way of saying I'm willing to be fed.  SCORE!  So you feed produce.  Again the no thought, but sometimes you just get a good friend thought.  Now, if you want to speed up the relationship before all this nonsense, read the horse riding books and get to level 8.  All the wild horses will then be much more tolerant of you and you can establish friendships and even adopt at this point.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 11:09:43 PM »
Joria, it's not always that simple. My sim was at level 8 riding and MAX friendship with the horse, and still no adoption, no nothing - just the crossed bubble.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ArmaSusi

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
Joria, it's not always that simple. My sim was at level 8 riding and MAX friendship with the horse, and still no adoption, no nothing - just the crossed bubble.

I had a similar situation with one of the horses I tried to adopt. I was best friends with her and still she wouldn't let me adopt her. As I was trying the adoption the horse died. I guess that horse can be too old for adopting since my sim then tried to adopt another horse who was just a friend (not best friend if I remember correctly) and it worked fine (My sim was an equestrian and had high riding skill).

Offline Deckayder

• Llama Wrangler
Wild Horse Adoption Impossible?
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 03:44:25 PM »
I have been trying to adopt a wild horse for weeks and I have no idea why it does not work. My Sim is a level 8 in the riding skill and is Best Friends Forever with the wild horse. But the only social interaction I can successfully complete is to watch the horse. If I try any other interaction, the horse gets the thought bubble of my Sim's face with a red circle and line through it, and the horse runs away.

I've even tried doing "watch horse" 10+ times in a row to get the relationship bar maxed... but still I can't do anything else. This is really frustrating because it's such a pretty horse and I really want to adopt it, but it just seems totally impossible.

Is there something I am doing wrong or missing something about this? I did look on the guide but all it said was you have to be level 8 riding and have a good relationship.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Wild Horse Adoption Impossible?
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17:32 PM »
Did you earn the relationship or did you slide the relationship bar to full?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 11:31:27 PM »
I think you are experiencing the same problem I did. I found out that the little thought bubble with the red crossed circle means that there is no flat area for the human to approach the horse. I was in Barnacle Bay at the time, and I guess it just wasn't built with horses in mind. I'm not sure how to get around it - I gave up :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »
I think you are experiencing the same problem I did. I found out that the little thought bubble with the red crossed circle means that there is no flat area for the human to approach the horse. I was in Barnacle Bay at the time, and I guess it just wasn't built with horses in mind. I'm not sure how to get around it - I gave up :(

I've seen that red crossed circle when I'm sure there was plenty of flat surface around.  Wouldn't there be a little pathing image with it if it were a surface issue?  I've always felt the red crossed circle meant that the horse didn't like my Sim.  I'll have to look at it again now with my horse lover Sim.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 12:55:50 AM »
Check out this thread where we discussed a similar situation (again with no clear answer): http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7465.0

Offline Deckayder

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 02:19:49 AM »
Ricalynn: I don't even know how to do that... or that you could. I gained the relationship entirely by doing the Watch Horse interaction.

pallyndrome: the problem wasn't approaching the horse, my sim was able to get right up to in front of the horse facing it, but as soon as it went to do the action the horse reared and ran away - and the action bubble disappeared without being completed.

Thanks for posting the link I'll have a look!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 02:36:29 AM »
Thanks for that link, Pally.  I'll merge the two threads together so we can have all the information in one place.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."