Author Topic: Relationships with wild horses  (Read 18023 times)

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
Re: Relationships with wild horses
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 04:56:48 AM »
That 'sign' or thought bubble from the horse is because it's wild!  They don't like humans, so you get that "no human" bubble when they're around.  Once the horse is adopted that goes away.  It's a hoot to have a bunch of wild horses together and have a sim walk through them they will ALL get that bubble at the same time! 

Also having the wildlife friend reward and raised by wolf rewards will help with your dealings with the wild animals/horses as well as the equestrian trait.  I have the majority of my sims as animal lovers but my sims that take care of the horses specifically have the equestrian trait.  They have the 'whisper' option right away where other sims have to get more acquainted with the animal before they can whisper.  That will give your relationship quite a boost to use that option when you get it.

Offline Deckayder

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »
That 'sign' or thought bubble from the horse is because it's wild!  They don't like humans, so you get that "no human" bubble when they're around.  Once the horse is adopted that goes away. 

See that is what I thought too, which is why it's so confusing because my Sim has a full relationship with the wild horse. It can't get any higher and I can't adopt it.

Also having the wildlife friend reward and raised by wolf rewards will help with your dealings with the wild animals/horses as well as the equestrian trait.  I have the majority of my sims as animal lovers but my sims that take care of the horses specifically have the equestrian trait.  They have the 'whisper' option right away where other sims have to get more acquainted with the animal before they can whisper.  That will give your relationship quite a boost to use that option when you get it.

I don't have any of those traits or rewards because I didn't originally plan to make my sim a horse person. It's my Sims daughter who I'm trying to adopt a horse for - but I didn't think you had to have all those traits to be able to adopt a wild horse - can anyone confirm that? Has anyone had this issue and then eventually been successful by changing traits or something else?

But I can't even get the chance feed produce, let alone whisper to it.... and I don't need a relationship boost because they are already at full. I need it to stop running away so I can adopt the pretty horse!  :'(

SOO strange and disappointing :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »
Do you have a stall for the horse?  I think I've adopted them without a stall but it might help.  There is some discussion on this page:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/451327.page

Personally I liked the idea of building a fence about the animal!  Also the guy that said to try it OFF a lot, they run in the streets in between houses, and other 'unroutable' terrain.  Maybe you can get one that isn't on a community lot and try it when you are alone with a single horse.  I have my game set up to 25 wild horses so it's rare to catch them alone in my game but that might help also.

Offline Deckayder

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
Thanks Saturn that's a great link. What they are describing is exactly what is happening to me so... I'm going to try an off-lot interaction and see what happens.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 06:34:43 AM »
You're welcome!  I just got Lucky Palms the other day and have been setting it up over the weekend.  It takes a good 2 sim days to get the wild animals to even appear but as soon as I start getting horses I'll test it out and reply after I get some results.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
It took me all day to just get the hood playable so I opted for a new family I haven't played with yet.  It is a couple and single guy from Sim Egypt (Nagi) is the single male and I added an equestrian with 2 Arabian horses to the family.  I played the hood all day so figure it's been 2 maybe 2 and a half sim days and I got the wild horses in today.  Haven't seen the unicorns but that will likely come tomorrow.  I used Nagi to try to adopt a wild horse and he would have but the horse had to go eat and drink, it took all afternoon of a sim day, at least 3 maybe 4 hours, the horse kept running away from him.  But finally when he had the option to adopt, it was greyed out because the horse simply had to leave.  I'm sure if I can find that horse tomorrow he'll be able to adopt.  Also, it was in between residential lots, they were not on any community lots for very long.  The animals moved and stayed on the sidewalks or in between the lots, whether community or residential, so make sure not to have your lots too close together, it makes it easier to approach the wild horses.

The wild horses are moving through, note the "NO HUMAN" sign above the horses.

He's chasing the animal down!  The time here is 11:36

All I had were those 3 choices to go over and over with the horse, it took sim hours!

And when it was finally time to adopt, the horse couldn't take it any longer!  The time was 2:22

I wasn't sure if I should put these here on this thread, if I have hijacked the thread I'm sorry and please have these screenies removed.  ;)

Offline EmmaBarbie

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »
  I adopted a wild horse. My sims and the horse are friends but, I can't brush it! It will only allow me to "clean hooves".
Alsosomeone said when it comes to Races; "Going for broke"often is bad. Is that true??

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EmmaBarbie

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:08 PM »
I found a beautiful wild horse in the graveyard at Monte Vista. With a lot of time & patience, I gave up and used cheats to fill the friendship bar. I was able to mount the horse and it bucked me off a couple times but, success. Then for some reason we couldn't leave the graveyard! SO, I used cheats again and move my beautiful horse. We rode all the way back to my home. I named him "The Black" after the horse in the Black Stallion. He seems to be happy. I just can't brush him and the only glitch I'm having with him.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 07:25:50 AM »
Finally, I found out how to see all new replies for my posts. Thanks all great replies! I came back to Appaloosa Plains to get wild horses as pets. I'm sorry that I haven't replied all. Great Thanks! :)
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.