Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 61960 times)

Offline rahmbr

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
Well, I finally finished and think I got the rules right the entire way through- It was hard with the objects placed vs. bought at first, but it got easier as it went along. I finished 13 careers total so ended up with House value 879236 x 2.3 multiplier = 2022242 dropping the decimal. I am looking forward to the clones coming soon!

Irene Croft

« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
I did not like testing before starting a challenge because it's boring for me to do something twice... But this time I made such a foolish mistake when I chose first careers for my sims! ;D With testing that wouldn't have happened. So i got only 5 career caps and the final result is 962 863 * 1.5 = 1 444 294 without the decimal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2012, 10:30:29 AM »
Darn, I just figured out how drift got so many careers. Too late for me now though. I'm on about week 8

Precious5881

« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »
ya me too... but wont know for sure until he tells us afterwards.  I got some more testing to do before the final days.  I think I'm at my number 7th test now LOL.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2012, 07:25:19 PM »
I have a question that is totally unrelated to the challenge and if this is an inappropriate place to ask feel free to move my post or delete it.

Does anyone else have problems with malfunctioning midlife crisis wishes? I have a wish to flirt with a specific sim that will not go away. I have tried every romantic interaction available multiple times on different days but it still will not award me and now it's stuck there until his crisis ends in 50 days. While talking she also never thinks of me as flirty or alluring after I hit on her, only "okay" or "sociable".

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2012, 10:04:31 PM »
I have a question that is totally unrelated to the challenge and if this is an inappropriate place to ask feel free to move my post or delete it.

Does anyone else have problems with malfunctioning midlife crisis wishes? I have a wish to flirt with a specific sim that will not go away. I have tried every romantic interaction available multiple times on different days but it still will not award me and now it's stuck there until his crisis ends in 50 days. While talking she also never thinks of me as flirty or alluring after I hit on her, only "okay" or "sociable".

If you know this is totally unrelated to the challenge, why would you post it here?  If you can't find a topic that already exists for this, then please start a new one on the Miscellaneous Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2012, 12:47:37 AM »
If you know this is totally unrelated to the challenge, why would you post it here?  If you can't find a topic that already exists for this, then please start a new one on the Miscellaneous Help board.

That wasn't exactly the helpful answer I was looking for Pam. It would've been great if you would've answered with any information you may have about the problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2012, 01:05:54 AM »
That wasn't exactly the helpful answer I was looking for Pam. It would've been great if you would've answered with any information you may have about the problem.

Your question was off topic for this thread, which you already knew.  You need to ask it in the appropriate place.  This is a challenge thread and there's no reason to get into a discussion about a Midlife Crisis wish.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Precious5881

« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2012, 02:02:59 AM »
Before the off topic runs off with itself, pam is right.  Post your question in another thread.  Now, to answer your question (to save us from getting spammed) it's possible you need to become more friendly with her then the flirt option will come up.  If you've done that, I don't know, go ask the same question in the appropriate area and someone will be happy to help you there.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:04 AM »
Wow Metro, I don't think I can do this one after all.  Just when I thought I had everything understood and under control, I'd get all confused again.  The thing that surprised me was that we can't use gardening as a career because of that limit of placing only 4 items.  I'm not going to mess with trying to get it right.  I'll just work on my DecaDynasty until the Clone one starts.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Precious5881

« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
I'll agree lol.  This one is tuff but it's a good challenge.  When I think I've got it right, something else happens or I make a stupid mistake and I ruin it.  I've learned so much doing all the research I've done for this one.  I've gotten a total of 10 careers and THAT's hard.. micro managing to the extreme.  But then I tally up my scores on the houses and they don't even come close to any of the top 10.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
Can we leave fish on the ground at home before we travel and then pick them back up when we get back? That way they don't disappear with the glitch.

Also, are vacation homes limited to placing items?

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »
I simply thought if anyone knew what the problem was (in this thread) that they wouldn't mind just saying it, and if they don't then that's fine too. I don't see why anyone needs to be offended that I didn't seek out the perfect place to post something. It's all the same people anyway, right? I'm sorry if I got anyone off track, I just thought this would be the perfect group of people to ask because I know how smart you all are and how much experience some of the challengers have. Like I said before, if you would like me to delete the post just let me know.
And thank you Precious for trying to help :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
I simply thought if anyone knew what the problem was (in this thread) that they wouldn't mind just saying it, and if they don't then that's fine too. I don't see why anyone needs to be offended that I didn't seek out the perfect place to post something. It's all the same people anyway, right? I'm sorry if I got anyone off track, I just thought this would be the perfect group of people to ask because I know how smart you all are and how much experience some of the challengers have. Like I said before, if you would like me to delete the post just let me know.
And thank you Precious for trying to help :)

You have already been told about posting threads that have no relevance to the topic. I really don't see why you would post your question here. There is far more likelyhood that someone would read your question if posted as a topic on another board as opposed to someone reading this thread and finding your post halfway down a page. It is quite likely that once somebody completes a challenge that they do not go back to this thread at all. I read every single post because it is part of my job.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »
The thing that surprised me was that we can't use gardening as a career because of that limit of placing only 4 items.

Planting isn't the only way to do it though so you could still give it a shot by doing other things. I almost said how but I realized that might not be allowed. I hope you change your mind.

You have already been told about posting threads that have no relevance to the topic. I really don't see why you would post your question here. There is far more likelyhood that someone would read your question if posted as a topic on another board as opposed to someone reading this thread and finding your post halfway down a page. It is quite likely that once somebody completes a challenge that they do not go back to this thread at all. I read every single post because it is part of my job.

Rachel

This topic has been exhausted. I apologized and it's been dropped. Nothing more to say.