Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 61967 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
However, this does mean that I'll have had the benefit of an extra practice game. I doubt I'll equal drift's total, but I should be able to come up with a higher score than my first. (Then again, a meteor could hit or someone could electrocute himself.) If this is a problem, let me know.

It's not a problem. Go for it and good luck. I need to finally get off my duff and do this one. Lol.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
Marian,I have no problems with you re-starting. If you can get a higher score then good on you.

Edited to ask a question. Metro,when gardening we are only allowed to sell produce from our original four plants,correct,does this mean that once those plants die we would not be able to plant any more plants. There by not breaking the only four items per house/lot rule.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »
Rachel, my understanding is this:

You could not re-plant at that house, nor could you plant from your produce or from collected seeds. However, you could buy 4 vegetables at the next house and plant them there if you didn't buy anything else.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »

You could not re-plant at that house, nor could you plant from your produce or from collected seeds. However, you could buy 4 vegetables at the next house and plant them there if you didn't buy anything else.

I don't think I will bother with the gardening career seems too much like hard work.

Rachel

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »

Correct.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »
Few questions before I start this?
Are we able to harvest from wild plants provided we never place them on the lot?
Are rewards like the collection helper aloud since they never go on the lot?
And what about things we buy that are able to be put in our inventory? Do we have to leave them when we move or are we able to take them?

Edited for another question: How about career rewards that don't go into family inventory?

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2012, 03:09:29 PM »
I have a slight problem.  I'm attempting this in Union Cove (seemed like a nice way to see the sights!) and Norma Jean's spiral staircase isn't useable.  Am I allowed to go into build mode purely to try to fix this or do I need to find ways to work around it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
Things like collection helper are allowed but they would count as one of our four items. The same goes for moodlet manager.

If you have things in your inventory you can take them with you when you move so you don't have to use LTH points to purchase such things as the collection helper again.

I assume that harvested wild plants are allowed but I am not a hundred percent sure.

Rachel

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
Things like collection helper are allowed but they would count as one of our four items. The same goes for moodlet manager.

Oooh, I think I might have goofed...at this point, more than goofed. :-\ I didn't think LTR items that went into your personal inventory counted as long as they weren't placed on the lot.  I think I better hold off on continuing until I know for sure.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »
Few questions before I start this?
Are we able to harvest from wild plants provided we never place them on the lot?

Yes.

Are rewards like the collection helper aloud since they never go on the lot?

Yes, but you're buying them so they count as one of the 4 items.

And what about things we buy that are able to be put in our inventory? Do we have to leave them when we move or are we able to take them?

Your choice.

Edited for another question: How about career rewards that don't go into family inventory?

What about them? You're not buying those, so they are not restricted. But, you can only make 4 changes to the lots and those have to be bought in Buy mode and from a register.

I have a slight problem.  I'm attempting this in Union Cove (seemed like a nice way to see the sights!) and Norma Jean's spiral staircase isn't useable.  Am I allowed to go into build mode purely to try to fix this or do I need to find ways to work around it?

Post this issue in the Union Cove board to try and get a fix from the developers asap.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »
The cheat "Resetsim Firstname Lastname" will send you home if you're stuck with the spiral staircase. It's a legal cheat for all challenges.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
Let's say you buy an item in one house and take it with you to a new house and also use it there.  It counted as one of the four items for the original house - does it also count as one of your four items for the new house? I'm thinking yes, but want to be sure.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
Ah. Looks like I won't be finishing this challenge then. I was in my last week too. Le sigh.

It's all good, at least I got a couple of nifty sims with whom I'm excited to try out a few things, and learned more about the game in general along the way. Since there's nothing stopping them now, I'll just start on their next phase of sim life a bit sooner than I planned.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »
What about them? You're not buying those, so they are not restricted. But, you can only make 4 changes to the lots and those have to be bought in Buy mode and from a register.
I am not sure why the collection helper would be considered as a buy item for two reasons. Reason one being that it doesn't change the lot at all and reason two it is not bought from a register or buy mode.

As for the career rewards what if say the police cruiser is your reward and it comes home with you the first day and you happen to have a parking space on your lot and it goes to that parking space. Would that mean it would count as a buy even if you immediately moved it into your inventory? Or are those items free to be on the lot as long as we don't leave them when we move?

Let's say you buy an item in one house and take it with you to a new house and also use it there.  It counted as one of the four items for the original house - does it also count as one of your four items for the new house? I'm thinking yes, but want to be sure.
Also curious about this?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
The whole 4 items thing is just becoming too confusing. The more I explain things, the more layers are added and the more confusing it gets. I'm hitting the sack now but i need to address this tomorrow. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

--------

EDIT: I am open to suggestions, but the problem is that this event has already started. I need to know where players are confused and what needs to be addressed.

anything