Author Topic: What do the tunes mean?  (Read 33432 times)

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
What do the tunes mean?
« on: November 21, 2011, 01:38:25 AM »
I had a weird little melody sound off while I was playing. All my sims were asleep. It doesn't look like anyone outside the household died. It  was a sad little tune...reminded me of the tune that plays when either someone is disgraced or they lose a chess match, or perhaps a pet dies. I don't have any pets in this household. I have no idea what the tune means! I haven't heard it before. Any ideas on what it could be?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What do the tunes mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 01:55:34 AM »
Did you have a failed/missed opportunity? When you miss/fail those you hear that music? Sometimes someone dies or something or you miss the deadline and it fails.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:47:42 AM »
Was the ice cream truck outside your door, because it plays music.  It also has a habit of showing up at like midnight when everyone is asleep.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 08:05:13 AM »
I had a weird little melody sound off while I was playing. All my sims were asleep. It doesn't look like anyone outside the household died. It  was a sad little tune...reminded me of the tune that plays when either someone is disgraced or they lose a chess match, or perhaps a pet dies. I don't have any pets in this household. I have no idea what the tune means! I haven't heard it before. Any ideas on what it could be?

When my sims go to sleep sometimes, I hear the noise thats like when the ghosts come out from there graves. Yet, nobody has died and I don't live near a grave yard.

Have you got generations? A teen might of set a prank?

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »
Good suggestions. I didn't get a notice about missing an opportunity. Usually there is a pop up saying that you shouldn't have accepted an opportunity if you weren't going to complete it. The ice cream man is always outside, but it wasn't his tune. No ghosts on my lot...yet. And it wasn't the ghostly tune. I didn't see the grim, but I'm wondering if music plays when a stray animal dies? Or what about the wild unicorn? Does it die, and would there be a tune for it?

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
Good suggestions. I didn't get a notice about missing an opportunity. Usually there is a pop up saying that you shouldn't have accepted an opportunity if you weren't going to complete it. The ice cream man is always outside, but it wasn't his tune. No ghosts on my lot...yet. And it wasn't the ghostly tune. I didn't see the grim, but I'm wondering if music plays when a stray animal dies? Or what about the wild unicorn? Does it die, and would there be a tune for it?

Does the tune always happen? At a certain time?

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »
Does the tune always happen? At a certain time?

That is the first and only time I have ever heard it, and I play a lot, and have since the beginning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »
I sometimes get a tune, but it is not from a ghost or missed opportunity.  I still have not been able to figure it out yet.  It doesn't seem to happen any specific time of day or night.  I know what most of the tunes are and there is no pop up either.  I thought maybe it might mean there is a unicorn somewhere, but that was not it either.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
  I thought maybe it might mean there is a unicorn somewhere, but that was not it either.   :)

Im wondering if the Unicorn died? I'm playing a dynasty, and the same unicorn has been around, as far as I've noticed, for 3 generations. There hasn't been a tune announcing the unicorn, but perhaps there is one when the unicorn passes. There can only be 1 wild unicorn in town at a time, it's passing could/should be noteworthy.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
This may sound like a stupid question but what kind of noise was it? A happy sound, sad or something like that?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »
This may sound like a stupid question but what kind of noise was it? A happy sound, sad or something like that?

It was a sad little melody, like what plays when the lose a chess match, or a pet dies, only my sims were all asleep and they don't have any pets.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 05:57:38 AM »
When a unicorn appears there is a tune.  When a unicorn blesses, there is a tune.  I don't know about when a unicorn curses.  When a unicorn transports, there is a tune.  So could have been a unicorn.  Sometimes they start to show up, you get a bit of sparkle and the tune, but then they change their mind and never do show up.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 09:07:39 PM »
I heard it again! And again, all my sims were asleep, and I couldn't find the cause of the tune. It's a longer tune. Maybe next time, I'll think to record it.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 10:01:15 PM »
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I was playing a family and kept hearing this kind of creepy tune. I started looking around and I seen some gnome graves poping up. One of the sims must have had a lot of gnomes in her inventory.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »
They do have 3 gnomes, and at least one is an elder gnome. I noticed the age right after hearing the tune the first time. The other two gnomes are sculpture gnomes, and I don't know how old they are. I have never heard music play when gnomes age or die, though.

anything