Author Topic: Saving error on sims game  (Read 2472 times)

Adline11

Saving error on sims game
« on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:57 AM »
When I save on my sims complete collection, it tells me there has been a saving error. How can I fix this problem.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Saving error on sims game
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 08:18:13 AM »
Adline11, your question doesn't relate to this topic, nor is it about the Ambitions EP.  I am going to remove your question and move it to the technical help board.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:08:20 AM »
The error that you get is it code error16? I get that a lot since I get windows7. What I did is never use save and quit. Save your game and just exit. If you get the error use save as and give the town a new name. Then you go to your saves folder and delete any save with the word bad in it.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
If it's Error 12, you can try "save as" instead of save, but it won't always work - if it doesn't you're pretty much stuck quitting without saving and going back to your last save. One thing I've heard of that causes Error 12 (and this seems to be why I get it) is playing too long at one time - if you save and quit periodically and launch the game again, you might get Error 12 less often.

If you do have a problem with Error 12, it's helpful to save frequently so that if you do have to quit without saving, you'll only lose a game day or so. I've started "save as" FamilyWeekDay (e.g. "SmithW6D3" for the Smith family on Tuesday of Week 6) right after game midnight, just to be safe.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:47:47 PM »
Error 12 is caused by your game hitting a memory wall, it will start to slow down and lag after some play time as cathyknits mentioned, the game won't have enough resources to use to save the game, however that is temporary, what I have tried and worked for me is to wait a while (stay calm and keep playing), reset your town "resetsim *" got into edit town mod and try there, this will reduce the resources  that game uses, since most townies will be pushed to sleep, and then try again, should be working, also consider ditching any cc, or buying more memory
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

loveSims

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 02:41:20 AM »
I have 4g ram and a very powefull graphics card and since I've upgarde to windows7 I got error16 very often. Even error12. I never got it on windows ep. Now I wonder if the problem is with window7? It is 32bit.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 03:02:37 AM »
When I save on my sims complete collection, it tells me there has been a saving error. How can I fix this problem.

Adline, firstly, welcome to the forum. Secondly, can you please tell us what error message you get? When you press save, and the issue occurs, you will get a popup with the title "Error Code number", where number is a number between 1-16. If you can tell us this, we can tell you exactly what to do if the problem occurs again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 05:46:04 AM »
I have 4g ram and a very powefull graphics card and since I've upgarde to windows7 I got error16 very often. Even error12. I never got it on windows ep. Now I wonder if the problem is with window7? It is 32bit.

Error 12 => view my post above
Error 13 => Is supposed to be fixed , it is mostly same as error 12, caused by too much data for the game handle, clearing inventories, going into edit town, reseting, all seem to help
Error 15 =>  Game does not have writes to write in the save folder, make sure it isn't read only, and run the game as admin.
Error 16 => Game could not overwrite the save file, using "save as" should help, try to make the name short without any special characters

Hope it helps :)
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 06:35:32 AM »
Kiko I use save as but what don't understand is that the error16 begin when I upgrade to windows7. Never got it on xp.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:19 AM »
Well windows 7/Vista changed a lot of stuff on administrators rights and the security settings, that could explain why your game can't access/edit some of the files