Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 356396 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »
Thank you Seabody. I thought there was a base game version but I could be wrong. I have all my Expansion Packs, but no Stuff Packs yet. That will change very soon though.

So I should go back to my old settings when I played on my Chipset then?

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2011, 10:52:46 PM »
I can't wait to use this world!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »
Just wanted to say, this world is awesome. But I had bad lagging, so I just quit. I know it's my GC and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Jeana, I don't know but you could try. With my Chipset, my graphics are at the lowest possible settings and it didn't crash, just lagged. And of course Pam's cats look really weird for me haha.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
There is going to be a lot of lag for the average pc and worse if you have a bad graphics card, but it
 is playable though slow.  If you do not have the EP/SP's there is a saved file for you.  Follow the link on the first page of this message
where it says download.  When you click on download it will take you to a second page.  Under the top picture are bold words "saved file"
which you click on and save per the directions Carl posted. Hope that helps.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2011, 11:06:04 PM »
The only SP I don't have is Town Life and everything loaded fine, the houses are awesome, the entire town is fabulous, but it's just the lagging. It's bad in my Dynasty, but even worse in UC. How would downloading the other one help? I've been talking on the Technical Help board about my lag and I'm about at my wits end. Hopefully it'll get fixed when I get my new card. Thanks for the world though, and I seriously can't wait to get my card to play in it some more!!

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
I'm really worried that this town won't work for me. I'm on an old PC laptop and my games usually freeze up constantly. On the bright side while the downloading took forever, the installing took 5 seconds!

I'm going to load up my game now and see how it runs, finger crossed!  :D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2011, 11:38:30 PM »
How did you get the sims in the town? I thought that required third party software?

It's beautiful by the way. And I can't get it til tomorrow  night cause Im out canping. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2011, 11:54:45 PM »
I thought there was a base game version but I could be wrong.

There is. Go here and download the link underneath the words "Download Union Cove Now!". I can't stress it enough - underneath.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2011, 12:02:07 AM »
How did you get the sims in the town? I thought that required third party software?

It's beautiful by the way. And I can't get it til tomorrow  night cause Im out canping. :(

There were some CAW mods involved out of neccesity, but they weren't core mods (so they won't affect the downloader's game at all), and they were cleared by Carl and Pam before we started. We were very, very careful not to cause any bugs. Enjoy your camping trip, Chuckles!

EDIT:

Okay serious question:
Regarding using sims from this town in stories, do we still need to ask for permission from their creators? Because I could see that being confusing and difficult, and I'm kinda thinking that when people let their sims and houses be put in here they were letting them be used any way that people want but I could be wrong.

That topic did come up when we were populating the town, and I think we decided that everyone should probably refrain from adding Sims they were especially close to. As long as you're respectful towards the creations of others (no "that house is the ugliest thing I've ever seen!"), I think you should be fine.  :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
Okay so the town was going fine, a little freezing but none more than usual on my game. Then while I was making a new sim in CAS my screen went completely black. The computer was still on, I couldn't get the screen back. Anyone else experience this?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2011, 12:23:44 AM »
Not quite the same, I just had everything freeze (while in CAS) I've since lowered my settings and played and it was fine for a bit longer. I think I just need to tweak things a bit to find the right settings for this world.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2011, 12:26:25 AM »
Of course, while my baby is finally released to the public, I totally forget about it on a busy day. Way to go, Naga.

So how do you like it, guys? Any feedback is appreciated.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2011, 12:27:01 AM »
Okay so the town was going fine, a little freezing but none more than usual on my game. Then while I was making a new sim in CAS my screen went completely black. The computer was still on, I couldn't get the screen back. Anyone else experience this?

Huh, I get that sometimes too. Not in UC, just generally. I normally just do an emergency shutdown (hold power button) and come back to the computer later.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »
Ok, I just saw this.  Awesome!

I can't grab it right now, but I'm so going to grab this later.

Does it have spawners for special seeds/gems/etc? (I'm assuming yes, given the usual high-quality stuff I see on this forum, but I figure I'll still ask. :) )

And I don't have the stuff packs.  Am I right that it will just replace the objects with stuff from the base game?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2011, 12:42:32 AM »
Can I just say, that the house Lilygirl's simself lives in, is so beautiful! The landscaping is just ingenious.

All the community lots also look beautiful! My favourite part about this world, is the perfection in every build. I thought that Mod Hill and Admin Hill were very good ideas.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations