Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 356570 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2011, 12:55:16 AM »
Awesome! I now play with no problems, once the settings were turned all the way down. I love the house with my simself and Charlie Sheen. I added my Real life cat and him and Luke Mardsen got along very well!  ;D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:04 AM »
Are the pet spawners in world or on lots?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:17 AM »
Okay so the town was going fine, a little freezing but none more than usual on my game. Then while I was making a new sim in CAS my screen went completely black. The computer was still on, I couldn't get the screen back. Anyone else experience this?

Most likely you overheating. This world is doublesized SV in a number of lots and sims so your processor and memory is highly used. Lowering settings usually work. If not - I really don't know then - I only have game act strange while in CAS when I download and edit Sim with store items I don't have, and UC don't have any.

@katluvr - I saw your comment about Cooper family in Swap Shop and it was clear they will live in your town house! Glad it worked ;)

@Esther - I did had to set their relationships but it was a pleasure to do so - having them in UC along with other fantastic families is precius. About your card/PC and settings - poor graphic card means low graphic settings but you having 6GB of RAM will make up to it! I usually try to play it calm and not shift around too much, specially on 3.speed and on admin/mod hills - large lots with tons of objects loading at the same time will cause the lagging.

I was very carefull to use all the tips I could find to make the performance optimal, from organizing layers in CAW to marking unroutable areas along the grid. And many other things too.

@Chuckles if you want more details about inhabiting worlds PM me  ;)

And I can't tell you all how happy I am and all the top secret team for sharing it with you all. There is a street lamp I would move now and few more details, but with such an attitude it will never be really done - Hope we will update it with Show Time too!

Also, you'll notice there are only few flame fruits in the town, one deathflower and no money trees and life fruits, also no WA skilling objects or even tomb objects. No LTR's and that dynasty/legacy lot is priced as the one in SV - it has increased price comparing to regular lots that size. And there are skill books in a library LOL. There is just the right number of special spawners ;)

One more about EP's and SP's - SP's don't matter, we didn't use TLSP Rabbitholes so no big changes will hapen, most likely it will all get replaced with similar objects you have. EP's are different, and before Pets you were able to load the world (and lot) with objects from EP you don't have and game would replace it but after, crashes are almost inevitable. That is why we provided the save file which is just the world loaded without any family selected. That way you'll get the message that some objects are replaced but it will work, even with just a base game - I checked it myself. Of course, it looks sort of wierd with oak trees instead of palm trees from WA but it works.

Are the pet spawners in world or on lots?
Only few lots have any spawners at all, and Pet spawners are only placeable on lots - still not available in CAW as others are. However, they do appear near other spawning points, like in all prePets worlds.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2011, 01:09:59 AM »
I believe so. As a matter of fact, I encountered a wild horse.

Sportsfan

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply Ausette. I'm glad that I won't have to ask for permission for every sim that makes an appearance cause I might have a lot.
And I'll be respectful to them all, but i might treat that sim named Sports Fan a little rough. :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2011, 01:37:30 AM »
Of course, while my baby is finally released to the public, I totally forget about it on a busy day. Way to go, Naga.

So how do you like it, guys? Any feedback is appreciated.

Your baby?  This was an immense GROUP project, Naga.  No single person should be calling it his or her baby without expecting some upset feelings as a result.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2011, 01:51:08 AM »
This world is really cool. I don't like the "my baby" comment though. I don't want to be rude, that's not my intention, but I believe this was a team effort, not one sole person's "baby."

About Showtime upgrades, may I suggest or even build/share, a Karaoke Bar?

I was put to tears, from laughing so hard at some of the bios for the households you guys came up with. I absloutly my SimSelf, and Charlie Sheen being apart of this world! I apologize my cat, who I love to brag about and have posted pictures in the Babble Thread many times, couldn't make an appearance. Sadly, my GPU (Graphic Processing Unit) wasn't up to par at the time of this project, so he turned out distorted. I will be uploading him very soon, and would like it if you moved him into the Sheen household. Pam, you will find that Polanco and Luke have a lot in common.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bamjo92

• Townie
  • Don't you just hate steroetypes?
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2011, 01:57:13 AM »
Thank you forum peoples! This is The best World ever!!

Double Thanks! Elvis Presley just invited me to a party!

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2011, 02:14:07 AM »
This looking absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try it out!

I just have one question. Where does Antone Dreamweaver live?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2011, 02:19:09 AM »
No LTR's and that dynasty/legacy lot is priced as the one in SV - it has increased price comparing to regular lots that size.

The Legacy/Dynasty lot was worth $14,400 in my game, and the one in SV is $14,700. ???

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2011, 02:26:46 AM »
I don't mind the "my baby" comment, it's yours and everyone's baby! I think we've all grown pretty attached to Union Cove over the last few months, and I'm hoping the rest of the forum will as well.   :D

Sportsfan

« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2011, 02:30:47 AM »
I don't mind the "my baby" comment, it's yours and everyone's baby! I think we've all grown pretty attached to Union Cove over the last few months, and I'm hoping the rest of the forum will as well.   :D
I agree. I didn't see anything bad about it at first, and although I see how it can be interpreted wrong, I agree with Ausette.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2011, 02:33:02 AM »
Sorry about that last comment. I totally interperated it as one calling the project his/her baby and his/her baby only, as if none of us had anything to do with it.  :-[

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2011, 03:02:02 AM »
Hurrah, here it is!

This world looks absolutely great and the idea behind it is amazing. Thanks a lot to all of you who spend so many hours to create and polish it. Right now, it's only downloading on my computer, but just looking at the pictures on the guide, it sure looks like one of the very best worlds ever released for the Sims 3... if not the best at all in fact.

Thanks so much again.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »
Thanks to all who put this new world together! Can't wait to try it!