Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 356307 times)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2011, 07:41:24 PM »
@Sportsfan: This happened to me with a world a long time ago. I didn't have Generations. When I got Generations, it worked just fine. Not sure if it applies here  :-\
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Sportsfan

« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
Okay I saw how to extract the file and I am going to officially give up on this world. I can't be downloading programs onto this computer to extract the file because its my family's computer not mine. So thanks for sharing this guys but it's frustrating that it won't work on my computer. (and i have a better computer than a lot of people)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »
Yeah but I didn't see an answer it just said extract the files but I'm only getting one file. And I don't know how to extract the files.

Oh, sorry but I've never done it so I don't know how. I think someone mentioned extracting them using something called WinRar though and then moving the 'extracted' files to your saved games. I think thats it though but I don't know.

I'm hoping I've found my issue. Over 380 Files in my DCBackUp folder. 17 Save Files not including backups, with only four different families between them..

Okay I saw how to extract the file and I am going to officially give up on this world. I can't be downloading programs onto this computer to extract the file because its my family's computer not mine. So thanks for sharing this guys but it's frustrating that it won't work on my computer. (and i have a better computer than a lot of people)

I'm sorry you're giving up, you could ask your family if you can. I've heard of WinRar and it is worldwide famous I believe. My Mum uses it for her work sometimes so it is a safe program. Shame you're giving up.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline chemeia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
I can't wait to check it out!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »

If the file you need to extract is a folder, and you have Windows 7 (which I think you do) - right-click on it, and select "extract", or something like that. That works for all my extracting needs.

EDIT: WinRar, WinZip, no programs are needed for this. Only Windows 7 (may work on earlier Operating Systems, but I don't know).

Sportsfan

« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
Okay there is no extract option

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
Okay there is no extract option

:o There is on mine. I successfully extracted a font file using that (a font file is the compressed version of a font).

Did Joria create the dock? If so, it's awesome Joria! I like the pool especially!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2011, 08:23:14 PM »
Did Joria create the dock? If so, it's awesome Joria! I like the pool especially!

Agreed!

My only disappointment was that I couldn't help build it. :P
But a couple of my homes were in it, that was nice. :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »
Hi All~
Has anyone played this on a Mac?
I just downloaded but I am on a Mac and have no idea where to put the UnionCove.Sim3Pack file. 
Can someone tell me please.

Sportsfan

« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2011, 08:31:59 PM »
Put it in downloads and install it through launcher.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »
Thanks SportsFan :) I'll report back later after I try it out.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
I just died laughing!  Wednesday Adams was at the library and walked right through a bookshelf.  A very Adams thing to do.   ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
Yes, I built the dock.  It was sooooo much fun.  You guys actually got the more vanilla version so you can imagine how horribly graphics intensive the full version was.  The pool was all glass and you could see through to the landscaped sea scene complete with swimming fishes and sharks.  Took waaaay too long to load so I dumbed it down a lot.  Thanks for the compliments.  I had so much fun building it.

Sportsfan:  If you have WA and AMB the file you should use is the one that is just DOWNLOAD, not the save file.  I'm sure you COULD use the save file, anyway I think you could, but you definitely should be able to use the one with the big DOWNLOAD.

When you get a .rar or zip file, you need to have that file like on your desktop.  You then right click on it which should bring up a menu that includes WinZip, which is the standard unzipper for Windows 7.  It will unzip the file so it then becomes a normal type file instead of a compressed file.  You then double click on the normal file which should install it.

BEFORE you try installing clear out all your cache files and check your save files to see if there are any with a .bad on the end.  Remove the ones that are .bad and remove any that are backup.  Sometimes you have things running in the background that you are unaware of that can slow things down and even cause crashes.  Since it's not just your pc you'd have to check with the family before any of these are closed.  It's amazing how many things get sneaked into the startup, and therefor are constantly running in the background eating up ram.  Things like Windows Media Player, QuickTime, Adobe and much more will do this.  None of them need to be running behind the scenes.  Check your DCBackup folder as well.  Everything in that folder can be removed as it is just duplicates of what you already have.  (In my case it was over two thousand files!)  Once everything is cleared out, check to see if the pc needs to be defragged.  You should find this in the start menu for 7.  It takes just a couple of minutes to diagnose and will tell you if it needs it or not.  If not, great.  If it needs it, start the defrag and forget about the pc for hours.  Make sure you have nothing from the exchange!  Those items, even something as simple as a pattern, can really mess up your game.  (It's why we keep saying no 3d party cc)

Once you've gone through all those steps, restart your pc with a hard boot.  I don't know why that works better than just restart but it sometimes does so I just automatically go there.  Then try again.  If at that point you are still having problems a complete uninstall and reinstall of all EP/SPs and base game is in order, starting with the last installed to the first and then reverse to reinstall.  It does make a difference somehow, (don't ask me how I don't know), if you get them out and back in out of order.  Probably has to do with the updates.  I've been told you don't have to update between each reinstall but I always check to make sure each one is up to date and make sure Origin is updated as well.

After all that, if you still can't get it to install, and it does take quite a long time to load, then I have no clue how to help you.  Maybe someone more pc savvy can lend a hand at that point.

I really hope this helps.  Don't give up.  It truly is worth the trouble.

My kid made the Adams family.  We had such fun.  Did you read the bio?  *goes off humming*
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Sportsfan

« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
Okay thanks Joria.
I was able to install the world just fine, I just couldn't use it at all because it kept crashing. I'm going to try the save so thanks for instructions for that.

It's a computer my family shares but we always close our stuff before loggin off our user so I'm not worried about that. Also I'm the only one that plays sims.
About the uninstall reinstall: I'm not going to do that unless my game won't work for any files because it's really tedious for me ecause I need my dad administrative password for practically everything.
Thanks for you help

VampirePlasma

« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
Where do I save this? In what file in The Sims 3? Sorry about the stupid question.

anything