Author Topic: Teaching Birds to Talk  (Read 13570 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Teaching Birds to Talk
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 02:16:20 AM »
I didn't have any success with teaching my sim's falcon. The bird kept getting a bored thought above it's head, so I had her play with it and it bit her. She got a bad moodlet from being bit by a wild animal and so, she took the bird outside and set it free. Can't understand why it bit her, since they were at "good friend" level.

loveSims

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 02:23:11 AM »
The bird I use was the blue one you can stock the cage with I can't remember ther name lol! The falcon bite my sim too. Perhaps the rare bird is a grumpy snob lol! :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dolphinsong

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
I think talking to the bird might raise the skill, it did so back in TS2 after all.

Offline Kiri1109

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 04:49:33 AM »
Old but im replying anyway.

Teaching a bird to talk will also increase charisma.

When you finish teaching a bird one Chat type, you'll be able to play.

Birds, when outside, if placed in a fence won't fly away.

You can also just build a wall of some sort put a nunch if windows in, and put them in there. Make it accessible to sims only with one wall as a fence with a gate.

If you have Supernatural, Bonechilda will take care of the birds so long as she can access them. This includes Feeding, cleaning, and Teaching. She dies it for Cats and Dogs + Horses as well. No need to hire a real maid!

If you do hire a real maid, they tend to steal your small pets when they are holding on them. They may also take dragons if unnamed.

Hope this helped a bit ^^