Author Topic: Saved game missing from launcher, previous post sheds no light  (Read 3654 times)

grovenored

Saved game missing from launcher, previous post sheds no light
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:37:55 AM »
Hi there,

I recently encountered a problem wherein my latest Sims 3 saved games are not showing in the main menu of the game. I've had this issue before and simply copying the saves to a backup folder, re-installing the Sims and all the expansions worked for the most part (some saves were still having none of it). This is a seriously lengthy process as I'm sure you all know, so I checked for a way to play these saved games without the re-install. I came across this post on these forums: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.0.html but found it didn't help me. I was going to respond on that thread, but it seems others were being told to start new threads, so I felt I should do it this way too.
The main issue I'm finding is when the post says to change the name of the .backup file I encounter a problem - there are no .backup folders for my saves I've made recently...
Curiously, old games are showing fine, but if I play them and save the game, those new saves do not show; nor do new games and saves therein...
Any help would be much appreciated, I really don't fancy re-installing the game and all the expansions!

Ed

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Re: Saved game missing from launcher, previous post sheds no light
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »
Hi Ed, welcome to the forum.

This thread here explains how to do a quick reinstall.  If you try this and then copy your old saves over, it may help.

I found as well if one of my saves weren't showing I just needed to check that the file name was correct or that it was in the right place.  Is it all your saves or just specific ones?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

grovenored

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:13:07 AM »
Ah thank you very much! That worked like a charm!
I appreciate you taking the time to help, thanks again :)

God bless,

Ed

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 01:15:06 PM »
I'm glad it worked for you :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫