Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58640 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
The freezing thing happened again!  It's 2 am on the dot every time.  Was that when it was for you too?  Do you have any mods running?

How often do you delete your cache files?  Barnacle Bay had a similar problem for me and deleting my cache files on a regular keeps it from happening.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
That's because there is no skill associated with the new careers. 

The freezing thing happened again!  It's 2 am on the dot every time.  Was that when it was for you too?  Do you have any mods running?

I think it was 2:03 for me. And yeah, I have a few of Twallan's.

How often do you delete your cache files?  Barnacle Bay had a similar problem for me and deleting my cache files on a regular keeps it from happening.

I cleared my caches just before loading sims in my instance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:13 PM »
I've also cleared them all at least twice today.   So I don't know.  I started a new file and it hasn't happened yet but then again this file I was able to get the singing career to pop up too.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »
I haven't tried the game play, but the new furniture and stuff is AMAZING!!! :))

Already made a home.. Sunset Villa. :D
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Nyxi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
I like it that the new careers can play for tips at level 1. However, it's a bit of a bummer that you don't gain guitar skill while singing with guitar...  :P And is it just me or are the tips more infrequent with singing? Most of my tips are made by canceling the play for tips cue, then playing for tips again... Loving Showtime so far.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »
Another impression I have is about sharing memories, and that impression is both good and bad.  I think the idea to share and comment instantly on other people's memories is really cool, however the concerns about getting your page spammed into oblivion seems to have come to fruition. 

This is not a universal problem, as most people aren't doing this...however I've already deleted one person off my friends list because they felt that they had to post every last memory that popped up (not to mention a few custom memories) for no other reason than they had the ability to do so.  I posted a comment about this, and her response was essentially:  "It's new so I have to use it as much as I conceivably can," so I removed her.  For the record:  there is nothing new about this.  It's Facebook for your sims.  Facebook has been around for 7 years now so there's nothing left to figure out.

If you're using the social features, please do not do this.  It's annoying beyond all reasonable limits to be playing your game and have live updates every 3 minutes that someone else's sim just went to the park, or the library, or burned their dinner.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »
I like it that the new careers can play for tips at level 1. However, it's a bit of a bummer that you don't gain guitar skill while singing with guitar...  :P And is it just me or are the tips more infrequent with singing? Most of my tips are made by canceling the play for tips cue, then playing for tips again... Loving Showtime so far.

I also noticed that my singer didn't get tipped until after I told her to stop singing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
I am really liking Showtime so far. I did think the town was a little small at first but you have no problem having sims show up at your gigs. I didn't find the singing career through the paper or the computer. I went to see a Proprietor and the option was there for you to join the profession. So I guess I would say try that if you can't find it the other way. My girl is at level 4 now of the singing career. I think she has gotten better over time but not really with the voice so much as the moves she makes? Maybe. I noticed when she went to sing karaoke  that her voice didn't sound good at all but at that time I had just begun the career. I haven't went back yet to see if she sounds better now. As your sims progress in the career you have more songs that you can choose to sing. Very nice sounding songs I think too. The bull riding is so funny. So I think I really like this one and look foward to trying out the other jobs.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »
With regard to posting memories, it's possible that you have to leave memory notification on in order to get achievement badges. That said, you can delete them by clicking on the little garbage can at the far left. That way, you don't store them. and nobody else has to see them.

My Sim went to play pool, and they actually play a game (in Sims 1 it was a general animation, and I can't remember what Sims 2 was like).

Enchanted 81 and I tried using SimPort. Her game crashed when it saved before sending the Sim to my park, but we both got stamps in our booklets. My Sim went and came back, but we didn't get the report, and the booklet says she's still on tour. Go figure.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »
With regard to posting memories, it's possible that you have to leave memory notification on in order to get achievement badges. That said, you can delete them by clicking on the little garbage can at the far left. That way, you don't store them. and nobody else has to see them.

My Sim went to play pool, and they actually play a game (in Sims 1 it was a general animation, and I can't remember what Sims 2 was like).

Enchanted 81 and I tried using SimPort. Her game crashed when it saved before sending the Sim to my park, but we both got stamps in our booklets. My Sim went and came back, but we didn't get the report, and the booklet says she's still on tour. Go figure.

The memories will tone down a bit, some people are still working on unlocking their badges for it. I personally delete mine after I've posted a few so it doesn't clog up my wall and others. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about the in-game spam it does and I typically post and warn everyone a good deal of time ahead that I'm doing so.

Marian, I sent you a pm with screenshots of your sims performance. The reason she was still listed on tour is because her show hadn't started in my game yet.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 12:20:30 AM »
I personally delete mine after I've posted a few so it doesn't clog up my wall and others.

I've seen no way to delete anything from my wall after it's been posted.  How do you do this?

Also keep in mind that for anything to actually appear on your wall you have to post it.  You have to go in to your scrapbook, select the memory and click the check mark.  That posts it to your wall.  Memories do not post automatically.  It takes an action on your part.  Likewise, you can go into your scrapbook and delete memories without them ever appearing on your wall.

I've seen no way to set your privacy settings for your wall, either.  Where do you do this?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 12:29:50 AM »
I've seen no way to set your privacy settings for your wall, either.  Where do you do this?

No Showtime for me yet (not released until Friday. :( ) but in the patch, go into your wall (ingame) and then somewhere in there are Privacy Settings.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 12:44:24 AM »
I've seen no way to delete anything from my wall after it's been posted.  How do you do this?

Also keep in mind that for anything to actually appear on your wall you have to post it.  You have to go in to your scrapbook, select the memory and click the check mark.  That posts it to your wall.  Memories do not post automatically.  It takes an action on your part.  Likewise, you can go into your scrapbook and delete memories without them ever appearing on your wall.

On the website if you hover over the right top corner of a post there's an X that doesn't show up until you hover. If it's your post then you click that and have the option to remove, if it's a friends post and you click it then you have the option to hide. If you go to the in-game profile/wall you can only delete your comments/posts by clicking on the trashcan icon.

I don't post them from my scrapbook, I purposely turn memory notification on in specific games so I can finish off the 200 memories and post them from that. Granted, I don't post 20+ of them in a few minute span and I do warn people ahead of time (at least 15-20 minutes before) that I'm going on a memory spree. Once I have my last badge, I see no point in posting another memory ever.

To change your privacy settings if you're on the webpage, at the top hover over my page, my account and then account and privacy settings. If you're in game, go to your in-game profile tab and under your portrait is a clickable that says privacy settings.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 03:57:35 AM »
If you're using the social features, please do not do this.  It's annoying beyond all reasonable limits to be playing your game and have live updates every 3 minutes that someone else's sim just went to the park, or the library, or burned their dinner.

Now that would be annoying! Do you have to upload memories? Or, can you just ignore that? Haven't gotten the game yet.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 04:11:48 AM »
Now that would be annoying! Do you have to upload memories? Or, can you just ignore that? Haven't gotten the game yet.

Uploading memories actually requires an action for you, but I guess you can set it to post them automatically.  However, if you don't have them set to automatic you can upload what you want and ignore/delete the rest without posting them.