Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58681 times)

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 06:02:37 AM »
I think that you need to tick on the "enable the online notifications" option (I don't have the game running right now, but I think it's in the option panel, under online tab). Then, you can see your friends updates (post, uploads, achievements...) in the notification box at the top right corner of the screen. This is the closest to an online chat, and you don't have to launch your player's wall from the "..." menu.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 06:06:51 AM »
There is a chatty button though, but it is still greyed out, so not sure what that is about as of yet.

The chatty button flashes when another Sim talks to your Sim.. like to tell them they failed or succeeded with their audition.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
My irritation grows with the new knowledge that my Showtime isn't scheduled to arrive until next Monday!  It was shipped this past Monday, so I figured it would be here Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.  Grrrr!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Nyxi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2012, 07:17:07 AM »
I noticed that while performing gigs, at least with a singer, the celebrity star icon thing pops up a few times over my sims head, but she hasn't become a celebrity yet... Has anyone had a performer become a celebrity only from performing or is the icon just a glitch in my game?

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2012, 08:11:06 AM »
I noticed that while performing gigs, at least with a singer, the celebrity star icon thing pops up a few times over my sims head, but she hasn't become a celebrity yet... Has anyone had a performer become a celebrity only from performing or is the icon just a glitch in my game?

My singer has become a celebrity from doing Sing-o-grams for celebrities and performing for tips with celebrities nearby.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2012, 09:33:38 AM »
I'm playing one Sim in the singer career, then I'll go on to the others. She's kind of my new EP test Sim.

So far I like the town and I really like the little starter house on the edge of town. Really bare bones for around 10,000 simoleons. Love the new Ta-Da move.

Two things I don't like...I play with opportunities suppressed and they still pop up quite frequently even though I still have them turned off and it seems like every other wish my Sim gets is either to go on tour or host a gig.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »

As of level ten Magician, from performing for tips a lot, I hit celebrity star 3 and well on the way to number four. It's a good use of the celebrity system and makes it a little more exciting for me, as all three of the new professions should benefit :)

I'm working on a page to Musicians. It looks like a lot will be similar between the three additions, but there is enough variety in their performances to keep us entertained.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
Did Showtime mess up the original careers outfits for anyone else?

I sent a new Sim to the criminal career and the first day of work they changed into a green sweater, riding pants from pets and no shoes!  The original clothes that they used to run around in weren't even an option when I tried to make him a second set.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 07:23:23 AM »
Yep, one of my Sim in currently in the Music career. As long as he was adult, everything was fine. But now that he has turned elder, his career outfit doesn't match the music one anymore and it's some random jockey stuff too. The shoes and hair were changed too. I haven't tried to create him a new career outfit yet, so I don't know if the music unlocked outfits are still available for him (they were when he was adult though).

This custom career outfit is a nice additional feature, but it looks very messy at the moment. We can only hope that the next (big) patch will fix this.

Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 07:25:41 AM »
I love showtime an dI laughed at my clumsy acrobat. The only problem I have is lagging. It's like my game is in slowmotion from time to time. UC is really bad... Even lowering my graphs did not work... My computer should have no problem with it, so I really don't get it... Anyone else get the slowmotion thing?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
There are some careers I could see changing them because they looked horrible but I'm generally lazy.  However, looking at a blue sim with no shoes on running off to the criminal career seems silly to me.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 11:15:44 AM »
Can't wait to post my first impressions, Installing now!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

loveSims

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »
I've got the game and install it. But I am sick with flu and can't play right now :( I will fall of the chair lol! But I will play tomorrow.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »
Whoa part 2.

My singer just had an incendiary accident while while performing a sing-a-gram, and failed to douse herself in time.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »
Did Showtime mess up the original careers outfits for anyone else?

I sent a new Sim to the criminal career and the first day of work they changed into a green sweater, riding pants from pets and no shoes!  The original clothes that they used to run around in weren't even an option when I tried to make him a second set.

Just bought Showtime, but haven't installed it. However, my sims in my other game are not using the normal career clothes. For Music talent scout, she showed up in a shirt and jeans. For Lyrist, she changed into her fan outfit. Very annoying!

anything