Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58648 times)

HannahEloiseee

Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
I love showtime! I got it in the post this morning. I'm not so keen on the singer career though. I love the Acrobat and the magician!

- My sim just after a show.  :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »
It is actually just amazing. I love the Singing so far and it is just awesome. I want all my Sims to be Singers, lol!  ;D I love the ability to change the Props and the Outfits, SimPort is very cool as well. I love all of the new content and it is just amazing. I really don't have much to say about the Town though. The Venues are cool and well made but the town. Just doesn't do it for me. Also is it me or are a lot of the townies a little defined in the facial department? I've been looking around for a potential spouse for Rue and well, nothing seems to be swimming in that sea.

Here is a picture of Rue performing!

Although so far, best show of the Game so far has to go to Seabody's Stephanie Lewitt.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »
You can see some good pics of Starlah performing throughout her career in the Singer article on the guide.  It's not linked on the home page yet, but it's up now.  Plus, you can see several on my homepage wall on the Sims 3 site.  You have to add me to see them, but I have no problem adding anyone from here so just let me know that this is where you know me from.

But here's my favorite picture of all of them:

You have no idea how much trouble it was to get her to do that particular pose when her stage effects were going off lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
Does anyone else notice that when you set the effects to do something they still change anyway?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »
Yeah, that happens occasionally, but at least it's not random.  Mine will all switch to the lightning bolt effect at the same time, but it does make for a spectacular look lol.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2012, 02:01:50 PM »
Yeah, that happens occasionally, but at least it's not random.  Mine will all switch to the lightning bolt effect at the same time, but it does make for a spectacular look lol.

Yeah, Lightning must be a default thing then. Mine always switch between that and the one I chose. It's not a problem no, it might be annoying if you want a specific effect for pictures though.

loveSims

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
I have played a singer and acrobat and it is a lot of fun. But for the first time I got a error12 messagge. It look like the game take a lot form the computer. It take a little longer to load and save. I didn't have any crashes or freezing. Maybe I must uninstall all the stuff packs I never use..  :P Overall it is a awesome expansion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
I have played a singer and acrobat and it is a lot of fun. But for the first time I got a error12 messagge. It look like the game take a lot form the computer. It take a little longer to load and save. I didn't have any crashes or freezing. Maybe I must uninstall all the stuff packs I never use..  :P Overall it is a awesome expansion.

Error 12 is a world cache failure when you try to save.  It typically happens when you're playing a highly detailed world, or are playing on a more intensive graphics setting than your computer can handle.  Starlight Shores is kind of small, though, so maybe you're just playing for a period of time that's longer than your computer can deal with.  How often do you save and exit the game entirely while you play?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
I discovered today that my acrobat couldn't do any acrobatics in France. I knew she couldn't get gigs, but she can't even practice. So, no mime in the French market.

On the other hand, Showtime might have introduced an advantageous photography bug (although I'd rather not have any photo bugs at all) -- With 2 pictures, she managed to complete the Architecture and Landmark skill challenge.

I also discovered that if you want to do a gig as a DJ, you need to click on the stage. You have to have the DJ booth in your personal inventory.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Leto85

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2012, 04:19:53 PM »
I just got this game runing to work and I already love the chat system. Being in touch with you guys WITHIN the game is really awesome. So I guess all members from my friendlist at thesims3.com are autmatically updated in game? Now I got it why I've got so many invites lately. Haha! :D

loveSims

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
Error 12 is a world cache failure when you try to save.  It typically happens when you're playing a highly detailed world, or are playing on a more intensive graphics setting than your computer can handle.  Starlight Shores is kind of small, though, so maybe you're just playing for a period of time that's longer than your computer can deal with.  How often do you save and exit the game entirely while you play?
I save often. I play the game for about three to four hours and exit. I have all the graphic settings on defaut never change it.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2012, 09:26:39 PM »
Well, I had an Error 12 problem not long ago (before Showtime and the patch that proceeded it).  It only happened that one time, and hasn't happened since (and I didn't adjust my graphics settings).  I'm kind of hoping it was an isolated incident for me.

Maybe it is for you, too.  ;)

loveSims

Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
Maybe I brainfreeze my poor computer with cas lol!

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2012, 07:32:25 PM »
After playing since release day I can say I still like the town.

I'm sorry to say I think EA really missed the boat on this one.  Throughout all the EPs I've always had a smooth running game that's relatively glitch free and this time around I've got a laggy, randomly freezing game with glitches (some started with the first patch). I can't say I'm fond of the new careers either.  I couldn't finish (I made it to level eight) the singer career due to lack of interest, I kicked my magician out of the house at level 6, but I haven't tried the acrobat yet.   One saving grace, I think the genie is kind of neat. I won't go this far but I could almost say this is one EP I wish I had passed on.

loveSims

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
I don't think it is bad. I got error12 and the sims get stuck a lot more, but I like it. The simfest is a lot of fun and the snack bowls is a nice touch. The gym bug is fixed for me! But ity is buggy lol. Pets is still my favorite. ;)

anything