Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58660 times)

Leto85

Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2012, 08:42:38 AM »
That would have been awesome: giving each other good fruit that way. :P I guess EA was forseeing this.

Offline 0bserver92

• Nooboo
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
This has to be one of the most annoying expansions packs that has ever been released they keep patching it and each time things just keep on breaking and after 1.31 it was unplayable for me until 1.32 and now in 1.33 my sim when they finish doing something suddenly resets as if I typed in resetsim in console. I like the new stuff but on the technical aspect it's the worst expansion yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
So far so good for  me. I had the game freeze on me once last night though. Here is something odd though. Outside of Bridgeport, my game never ever has tourists. Last night in Starlight Shores I saw my first tourist in forever.  I was floored. Maybe a patch fixed this glitch?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
If your performing Sim has a housemate, that Sim can throw perfect fruits and vegetables at the performer.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »
If your performing Sim has a housemate, that Sim can throw perfect fruits and vegetables at the performer.

Yes, I can't believe I hadn't tried it first! Mostly my non-performing Sim was going to watch visiting Sims perform so it was ages before I sent one to my own show. Nice shortcut for those of us who somehow always end up with a gardener in the family :)

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2012, 03:46:11 PM »
Yes, that's how I found out about it - now to try and plant that marshmallow... The other thing it could be is bait for a new fish, perhaps.

This could be a really great shortcut for the Perfect Garden wish!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2012, 03:51:06 PM »
Yes, that's how I found out about it - now to try and plant that marshmallow... The other thing it could be is bait for a new fish, perhaps.

It's probably bait. I looked in BuyDebug a while ago (with showtime) - no Marshmallow plant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »
It's probably bait. I looked in BuyDebug a while ago (with showtime) - no Marshmallow plant.

Shucks! I was reading this thread and got more and more excited with the prospect of having marchmallow plants (I've barely had time to play the game, thanks to the patches, so thought I'd hop onto the forum to see what others thought of it).....and now you say no Marshmallow plants! Maybe it'll come in a future expansion pack - one never knows, with EA! lol

loveSims

Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »
I start to enjoy this expansion very much. The DJ Booth is so much fun! I didn't have any more errors and have only one freeze. I just exit and go back ingame and nothing since and I play for 2 hours now! I did turn the relfections on the water off and turn my screen resolution down a bit. It is a awesome expansion.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2012, 04:54:42 PM »
I am sick and tired of the sing-O-grams! They pop up and when my sim tries to finish them the person is unavailable. She runs all over town for NOTHING! She doesn't even like these people (or I should say I don't like these sims). Sing a gram to someone who is mean?! Give me a break. I think they should drop the grams once you have booked stage shows. if you are a regular at 3 places, why would you run around singing stupid grams? Waste of time, and I don't complete most of them.

loveSims

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
When my sim get to level 5 or 6 in the career I just ignore them. Let her sing for tips between gigs.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
Is it normal for all the proprieters to only be avaliable from Tuesday at 12:00 am to Wednesday at 12:00 am?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2012, 03:45:14 AM »
Is it normal for all the proprieters to only be avaliable from Tuesday at 12:00 am to Wednesday at 12:00 am?

No. They should show up during the day when the venue is open. Private Venues they turn up within an hour of opening time.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

loveSims

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2012, 04:22:29 AM »
The one at the park is always there, never eat or sleep lol.

Addict

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2012, 07:01:48 AM »
So money is very tight for me right now, and I have seen this expansion pack at £30 in supermarkets. I read this thread in the hoping that you guys would give me an honest opinion on how this expansion makes the game better. I have to say I think I have made up my mind, by page 2 of the replies!

I got the social stuff in the patch, my other half wasn't very enthusiastic, he says it's a single player game and should remain that way. I on the other hand have been waiting for something like this, it's the way the world is moving right now, so it was only a matter of time. I haven't got any friends on it yet (violin please!!), but I think it might work quite well.

From what you lot have said, it sounds awesome, and I will be working my behind off to get the money to treat myself!

Thanks guys =D

Addict x